Xmas Gifts for parents 20 replies, 9322 views

mrdtb123
11/29/2011 2:03:00 PM
What are you getting your Parents?
I need some good ideas.

So far I'm getting my dad baseball tickets for the up and coming season. He is a huge college baseball fan.
InTheButtLikeWhat
11/29/2011 2:04:00 PM
wine for my ma
lotto tickets and some hickory farms jawn for my stepdad
Jess.
11/29/2011 2:11:00 PM
I got a kindle and a kindle gift card for my mom.

No idea what I'm doing for my dad yet
Dianana
11/29/2011 2:13:00 PM
Whatever looks cool at Home Goods.
Ace of Spades
11/29/2011 2:20:00 PM
Everyone's getting gift cards and small shit this year because I'm busy as hell. Mom got some cooking stuff and dad is getting a tacky hawaiian marlin shirt since he just caught his first marlin and he loves rocking those goofy shirts.
sidney
11/29/2011 2:21:00 PM
i seriously hate shopping for my parents...i have no clue what the fuck to get them and when I ask they say...."i don't need anything"
Yodel Toast
11/29/2011 2:25:00 PM
My folks wants things that I can't afford. (a spa day for mom and a lamp for over the pool table for dad)

I'll end up getting my dad slippers, a hickory farms giftpack and a case of beer and perfume and a gift certificate for a massage or facial for mom.
Brett Weir
11/29/2011 2:27:00 PM
A few mogwais and a giant toilet full of turds
mrdtb123
11/29/2011 3:39:00 PM
Originally posted by: sidney

i seriously hate shopping for my parents...i have no clue what the fuck to get them and when I ask they say...."i don't need anything"

Same
Lifetime74
11/29/2011 4:09:00 PM
Mom=New cell phone
Dad=Ray Charles box set
Dave B.
11/29/2011 6:21:00 PM
anal beads
mrdtb123
11/29/2011 6:24:00 PM
Originally posted by: Dave B.

anal beads

For dad mom or both?
smorgasgeorge
11/30/2011 10:45:00 PM
Bought my dad a second, slightly nicer tablet since I kind of bricked the first one I got him.

Mom will be getting a Cartier santos pen in silver/black lacquer since she lost her good pen.

And, so this Christmas isn't just "I got you a second helping of stuff that didn't work out the first time", I'm also trying to get them high speed internet. My dad is afraid of Time Warner discovering that he gets free cable and won't do RoadRunner, so I will reach out to a friend that works for Verizon in NC about pre-paying the whole year or 6 months if they'll allow it.
mrdtb123
12/1/2011 5:45:00 PM
Espresso maker and cutlery set for my mom.
tom.
12/1/2011 5:48:00 PM


Sarcastic Existence
12/1/2011 5:51:00 PM
I've been going all out for my mom in recent years, but I told her this would be the last year I can go big because I'm planning to move out by the end of Summer next year. I got her an iphone and had to pay this months phone bill to do so because she was late on the bill. I got it for her last week because her old phone was pretty much dead.
mrdtb123
12/1/2011 5:56:00 PM
Originally posted by: Sarcastic Existence

I've been going all out for my mom in recent years, but I told her this would be the last year I can go big because I'm planning to move out by the end of Summer next year. I got her an iphone and had to pay this months phone bill to do so because she was late on the bill. I got it for her last week because her old phone was pretty much dead.

The 4 or 4s?
Sarcastic Existence
12/1/2011 6:01:00 PM
4. Fuck that 4s bullshit. I wasnt gonna get gouged by Apple for a bullshit feature that barely works. I tried to get her a Droid but she didnt want to hear it.
Walktheblock
12/1/2011 6:46:00 PM
I got my parents an iPad 2.
cole
12/1/2011 8:12:00 PM
Going to get my mom a nice cheese board and make her a gift basket of assorted fancy cheeses, high meats and wine.

My dad just got a new truck so I guess I'll buy him like... truck stuff. Maybe a sick pair of crocs and a cellphone holster to strap upon his hip.

none of that was sarcasm, except the high meat thing, I guess.
mrdtb123
12/1/2011 10:31:00 PM
Originally posted by: cole

Going to get my mom a nice cheese board and make her a gift basket of assorted fancy cheeses, high meats and wine.

My dad just got a new truck so I guess I'll buy him like... truck stuff. Maybe a sick pair of crocs and a cellphone holster to strap upon his hip.

none of that was sarcasm, except the high meat thing, I guess.




Random question...

What's the cured meat that they serve with wine and cheese that's kind of like a tender beef jerkey?