Steakhouses in Philadelphia 22 replies, 24753 views

tofu
1/21/2011 9:06:00 PM
What are some good ones? I'm a vegetarian, but it's my boyfriend's birthday soon and he loves a good steak.
Brett Weir
1/21/2011 9:12:00 PM
I forgot the name but in center city there's an amazing brazillian steakhouse. There's salad options too.
yantastic
1/21/2011 9:22:00 PM
Fuck him, I serve a well done tube steak. It feeds two. Three if you get your other sister.
Brett Weir
1/21/2011 9:23:00 PM
Well,
tofu
1/21/2011 9:24:00 PM
grill marks included?
Brett Weir
1/21/2011 9:28:00 PM
Originally posted by: Kermit Butts

Well,

Bonsai
1/21/2011 10:17:00 PM
Originally posted by: Kermit Butts

I forgot the name but in center city there's an amazing brazillian steakhouse. There's salad options too.

not sure if you are referring to fogo de chao?

Also, barclay prime. Menu is pretty versatile for a steakhouse, and they have a pub menu that starts around $20 or a more expensive dining room menu that averages $100 a plate.
yantastic
1/21/2011 10:24:00 PM
Originally posted by: tofu

grill marks included?

Pink in the middle
chrisNJ
1/22/2011 1:19:00 AM
i went to Chima (19th & JFK) on thursday. its only $35 a piece if you go during restaurant week
smorgasgeorge
1/22/2011 3:10:00 AM
A Brazilian Steakhouse is not a real "steakhouse", and definitely not for someone that likes a good steak. I've been to Chima and Fogo.....if you like terribly cooked "filet mignon" nuggets wrapped in bacon, go nuts.

If your man likes a good steak, take him to Salt and Pepper BYOB in queens village (like 4th and Bainbridge). Brilliant food, cozy atmosphere. Downside - parking is a bitch and they don't take amex cards. Veggie friendly menu, and they will open your beers/wine for you.
manbearpig
1/22/2011 1:27:00 PM
barclay prime or butcher and singer- both are awesome, but i hate giving steven starr my money.

capital grille also rules (despite being a chain) and the porcini rubbed delmonico is fucking retarded.

del friscos is good, but the overall ambiance kinda sucks, the place is to fucking big, the lobster mac and cheese is pretty bomb though.
carlos danger
1/22/2011 1:52:00 PM
I don't know Philly, but I'm sure there's a Flemings, Ruth's Chris, or Morton's... all good choices if you don't mind chain places.
tofu
1/22/2011 6:26:00 PM
Originally posted by: smorgasgeorge

A Brazilian Steakhouse is not a real "steakhouse", and definitely not for someone that likes a good steak. I've been to Chima and Fogo.....if you like terribly cooked "filet mignon" nuggets wrapped in bacon, go nuts.

If your man likes a good steak, take him to Salt and Pepper BYOB in queens village (like 4th and Bainbridge). Brilliant food, cozy atmosphere. Downside - parking is a bitch and they don't take amex cards. Veggie friendly menu, and they will open your beers/wine for you.

What is the price range?
..::localeye::..
1/22/2011 6:32:00 PM
Originally posted by: smorgasgeorge

A Brazilian Steakhouse is not a real "steakhouse", and definitely not for someone that likes a good steak.

agree...Chima is horrible.

Barclay Prime or Butcher and Singer are the places to go.
smorgasgeorge
1/22/2011 6:34:00 PM
2 people with apps and dessert - under $100 easy.

Their menu is seasonal and constantly changing, so I would either pop in or give them a ring and see what they're doing; they should have at least 2 cuts of steak at any given time.
cbrickhouse
1/22/2011 6:43:00 PM
mmmmmm steak
tofu
1/22/2011 8:10:00 PM
Originally posted by: smorgasgeorge

2 people with apps and dessert - under $100 easy.

Their menu is seasonal and constantly changing, so I would either pop in or give them a ring and see what they're doing; they should have at least 2 cuts of steak at any given time.

what about one person getting a steak and the other one getting only sides? i may call them this week. stephen starr restaurants are out, as he works at a stephen starr restaurant and wants as little to do with him as possible.
kyle_n
1/22/2011 8:12:00 PM
How much are you trying to spend?
tofu
1/22/2011 8:29:00 PM
I'm not trying to go insane. He knows we're both broke college kids. But I want to find a place that serves a good steak(something I know nothing about) and is affordable.
manbearpig
1/22/2011 8:41:00 PM
if you're looking for affordable than you should probably just hit a BYO, classy steak joints are pricey.
tofu
1/22/2011 8:45:00 PM
kyle_n
1/22/2011 10:12:00 PM
Best steak I've ever had was at alba in malvern. Two courses for two was 80 ish. there's a really good place at 16th or 17th and chestnut, but its pricier
kyle_n
1/22/2011 10:12:00 PM
Also, there are some great BYOs in philly