all threads All Threads ›› evolution plays the shell game ›› new reply Post Reply
Kadesh

Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
April 7 2005 6:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
There had to be some idiot article about how evolution is slammed too.

Evolution's shell game

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: April 5, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

It used to be that science followed facts.

Today, at least as far as evolution goes, facts follow theories.

When inconvenient facts are discovered, they are simply adapted to fit the theories.

The theories are constant. They are unquestionable, unassailable, unimpeachable. It's just not considered good science to question them for any reason.

Take, for example, the latest findings in Australia. Last month, fossils of what were described as "the earliest species of sea turtle, believed to be 110 million years old," were discovered in Queensland's far west.

The scientists were startled by just how little sea turtles had changed in 100 million years. They had not evolved. But that did not alarm them. That did not get them to question their premises. That did not cause them to think their dating techniques could be wrong.

No, instead, they quickly came to the conclusion that sea turtles represent a highly evolved species - one that perfected its evolution 100 million years ago and never bothered to change because change was unnecessary.

How similar are these supposedly 110-million-year-old sea turtles to today's sea turtles? Virtually indistinguishable - which is to say no different.

"For all intents and purposes, if you were to see one (of these fossils) they would look basically the same as sea turtles do today," said South Australian Museum paleontologist Ben Kear.

And why is that?

"Sea turtles have hit on the winning design and they've stuck to it," he said. "They've cracked the winning code, as it were, and it's enabled them to survive when other creatures haven't."

It's amazing they haven't taken over the world, isn't it?

"They're one of the success stories of marine evolution - if you think about the marine animals that became extinct, well why did sea turtles survive?" Kear asked without wanting to hear the answer. "That's the sort of question we can look at now."

But you know these evolutionists don't want to have dialogue about such matters. They don't tolerate any dissent from their theories. They don't allow facts to lead them in any other direction than an evolutionary explanation for the diversity of life.

What makes the scientists convinced the fossils of dead sea turtles that look remarkably like today's sea turtles are really 100 million years old? It's because of where they were found. They were found in an area of sediment that is believed to be 110 million years old. Therefore, that's how old the bones are.

Could they be wrong about the age of the sediment? No, these scientists don't make mistakes like that. If they did, it would shatter the very foundation of their work. In fact, if they were to find a human skeleton in that sediment, they would convince themselves that man is actually 100 million years old as well.

Keep in mind, these "fossils" are so well preserved that the scientists claim to be able to determine the 110-milliom-year-old sea turtles' diet by examining the remains in their stomachs.

This is one example of hundreds, thousands, like it in so-called "evolutionary science." It is a science without any foundation. It is a theory not supported by facts, but countered by them.

It takes great faith to stick to the theory. I give the evolutionists credit for that - they are true to their religion, true to their creed.

It doesn't matter what they find. They will make the facts fit the theory.

How about you? Do you still believe? Or do you think evolution, like the sea turtle illustration, is one
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
April 8 2005 1:24 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
lowercasej
xthe damajax
3,083 Posts
38/M/NY

offline   (5)
April 8 2005 12:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
that was retarded.

he could have just boiled that whole piece of garbage down to 'sea turtles 110 million years old? i doubt it!'

p.s. life is making facts fit theory, because most things are unknowable.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
April 8 2005 6:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
evolution = lack of factuality.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
April 8 2005 6:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:xceptoilfree

mmmmmm, i hope thats a made up word.
lowercasej
xthe damajax
3,083 Posts
38/M/NY

offline   (5)
April 9 2005 3:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:xceptoilfree

soo... creationism by default?

Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
April 10 2005 1:17 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i'm thinking creationism because it has more evidence, but default helps.
EndlessSummer
Orlando Magic! PO'
916 Posts
34/M/FL

offline   (3)
April 10 2005 10:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
They didn't evolve because God made sea turtles perfect, silly.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
April 10 2005 4:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
You've posted those things before and they don't help you refute "against 2nd law of thermodynamics, entropy" argument.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
April 10 2005 4:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Creationists believe, that according to the second law of thermodynamics and entropy, all matter that isn't living decreases in order. Everything is becoming less and less orderly.

Evolution theorists believe that everything becomes more orderly through the process of natural selection. They actually believe that dead things can come to life over a period of time.

What do you think makes more sense and which is founded in science?
vote4Foley
www.spookcityusa.c
24,080 Posts
30/M/PA

offline     (10)
April 11 2005 3:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Seriously. If evolution is not real, how do rats, roaches and bacteria become immune to chemicals that used to kill them?

You are seriously RETARDED if you think creationism is the answer. I've seen groundhog dens with less holes than creationism.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
April 11 2005 5:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I've heard claims that there are absolutely no publications in scientific literature that describes how molecular evolution might have occured merely the assertion that it did accure. If you can refer to me one book or a paper that describes in detail how molecular evolution occurs, i would be interested.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
April 11 2005 5:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
sorry "occur"
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
April 11 2005 6:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah i knew it didn't have scientific backing. I was just putting it out there because someone wrote an article slamming "creationism."

"There had to be some idiot article about how evolution is slammed too."

Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
April 11 2005 6:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Explain to me how laws of science only work on large scales but they don't work on smaller scales.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
April 11 2005 7:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:themessiah

Laws of physics first off work differently at three levels the quantum i.e. very small, the middle which we exist in and I'll call the planetary, and the celestial, Einstein's physics help us understand celestial movements, Newton's help us understand our day to day, and quantum helps explaing quantum physics is by far the most theoretical branch of science.

no not how they are divided. How can anyone say that something like ohhh,the law of gravity, works different on smaller objects then it does on larger objects?
all threads All Threads ›› evolution plays the shell game ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: evolution plays the shell game

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?