July 9 2018 9:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Friends doggo

Dianana
8====D
66,460 Posts
35/F/PA

offline  mobile reply   (8)
July 9 2018 9:35 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Our 1st floor toilet decided to burst at 630am on Saturday. Thankfully, it was the valve and wasn’t a poop water shit show. So there’s industrial sized dehumidifiers and fans all over the place. The bright side is that we’re getting new flooring in a few rooms and that there’s very minimal damage. Kids- when you replace your towels, keep those old towels if you have the storage. I’m glad I did.

Our AC is fixed but this old piece of cheap garbage has to be replaced. It’s a good thing I just paid off my cc because I’m about to drop a cool 8-9k. Lol@my plans to aggressively save and pay off my student loans. Good bye savings but I guess that’s what it’s there for. We have a few more people coming out to give us estimates this week.

2018 has been one of the weirdest years of my life, I’ve never been through so many ups and downs. And somehow, even though I’ve cried and felt so sad at times, I continue to be positive. I do wish I could talk to my mom and tell her everything that’s been going on.
Wiseacre
Time Husk
2,257 Posts
31/F/PA

offline  mobile reply   (3)
July 9 2018 10:10 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dianana

Our 1st floor toilet decided to burst at 630am on Saturday. Thankfully, it was the valve and wasn’t a poop water shit show. So there’s industrial sized dehumidifiers and fans all over the place. The bright side is that we’re getting new flooring in a few rooms and that there’s very minimal damage. Kids- when you replace your towels, keep those old towels if you have the storage. I’m glad I did.

Our AC is fixed but this old piece of cheap garbage has to be replaced. It’s a good thing I just paid off my cc because I’m about to drop a cool 8-9k. Lol@my plans to aggressively save and pay off my student loans. Good bye savings but I guess that’s what it’s there for. We have a few more people coming out to give us estimates this week.

2018 has been one of the weirdest years of my life, I’ve never been through so many ups and downs. And somehow, even though I’ve cried and felt so sad at times, I continue to be positive. I do wish I could talk to my mom and tell her everything that’s been going on.

Holy shit! This week has been a doozy for you! :(
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
38,380 Posts
61/M/NA

online   (23)
July 9 2018 10:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
2018 has been incredibly strange, lots of ups and downs. It's wild how you can look back and see how much has changed, how much you've changed.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,551 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
July 9 2018 10:30 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dianana

AC stuff is the worst. I had mine go in May and Horizon came out and told me that I need a whole new unit....total cost would be around what you are paying. I didn't like that so I called another company who first laughed at me for calling Horizon and then did their own inspection of the unit. Ended up the fan motor on the outside unit just went bad. They said we can give you a whole new unit like Horizon or just charge you $500 for a new fan motor and installation.....I took the second option.

that sucks yours fully went though....home ownership is the best....
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
38,380 Posts
61/M/NA

online  mobile reply   (23)
July 9 2018 10:51 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

Kev_in
One falls off
3,580 Posts
37/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (6)
July 9 2018 11:19 AM   QuickQuote Quote