forum Politics and Society ›› mike pence, vp ›› new reply Post Reply
hot jelly doughnutz

deeeeez
18 Posts
25/M/NA

offline   (4)
October 4 2016 7:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
the guy who will actually be running things if Trump gets elected

never served in the military, just has the stupid 8-year-old-boy haircut so people think he did

from wikipedia

Economy

In 2007, Pence voted against the raising of the federal minimum wage to $7.25 (from $5.15) an hour over two years.

Pence voted against the Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.[62]

Education

Pence voted against the No Child Left Behind Act.[63]

Energy and environment

While in the House, Pence "voted to eliminate funding for climate education programs and to prohibit the Environmental Protection Agency from regulating greenhouse gas emissions."[64] Pence also "repeatedly voted against energy efficiency and renewable energy funding and rules" and voted "for several bills that supported fossil fuel development, including legislation promoting offshore drilling."[64]

Climate change

Pence is a young Earth creationist who believes that the Universe, Earth, and all life on Earth were created by direct acts of God less than 10,000 years ago and who "does not accept the scientific consensus that human activity is the primary driver of climate change."[65] In 2001, Pence wrote in an op-ed that "Global warming is a myth,"[66] saying that "the earth is actually cooler today than it was about 50 years ago".[67] In 2006 and 2009, Pence expressed the view that it was unclear whether climate change was driven by human activity, and in 2009 he told political commentator Chris Matthews that there was a "growing skepticism in the scientific community about global warming”.[68][69]

In 2009, Pence led the Republican effort to defeat the American Clean Energy and Security Act (Waxman-Markey), a Democratic-backed bill to cut greenhouse gas emissions (and therefore combat climate change) through a cap-and-trade system.[65]

Foreign policy

Pence has stated his support of Israel and its right to attack facilities in Iran to prevent the Iranians from developing nuclear weapons, has defended the actions of Israel in its use of deadly force in enforcing the blockade of Gaza, and has referred to Israel as "America's most cherished ally".[77] He visited Israel in 2014 to express his support, and in 2016 signed into law a bill which would ban Indiana from having any commercial dealings with a company that boycotts Israel.[78]

Healthcare

Pence voted against the act that created Medicare Part D, a Medicare prescription-drug benefit.[82]

Pence voted against the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.[83] In June 2012, after the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the Affordable Care Act in NFIB v. Sebelius, Pence likened the ruling to the September 11 terrorist attacks in a closed-door meeting of the House Republican Conference.

Planned Parenthood

Pence began seeking to defund Planned Parenthood in 2007,[43] by introducing legislation aimed at preventing any organization that provides abortion services from receiving Title X funding.[44]

Campaign finance

Pence praised the 2010 Supreme Court ruling in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission when it was announced.

Patriot Act

Pence supported the USA Patriot Act on its passage in 2001,[90] and in 2005 called the act "essential to our continued success in the war on terror here at home."[91] Pence was a sponsor of legislation in 2009 to extend three expiring provisions of the Patriot Act (the library records provision, the roving-wiretap provision, and the lone-wolf provision) for an additional ten years.[92]

Embryonic stem cell research

Pence opposed President Obama's executive order eliminating restrictions on embryonic stem-cell research.

Tobacco

In 2001, Pence wrote an op-ed arguing against the tobacco settlement and tobacco regulation, saying that "despite the hysteria from the political class and the media, smoking doesn't kill."

In 2009, Pence voted against the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, which allows the FDA to regulate tobacco products.[98] According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Pence's state of Indiana has one of the worst smoking problems in America.[94]

Sex education

In 2002, Pence criticized a speech by then-Secretary of State Colin Powell where Powell stated that it was "important for young people... to protect themselves from the possibility of acquiring any sexually transmitted disease" through the use of condoms.[99][100] Pence called Powell's comments a "sad day" and expressed his support for abstinence education.[99]

Views on homosexuality

In 2000, Pence called for "an audit to ensure that federal dollars were no longer being given to organizations that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus" and instead advocated for resources to be directed toward conversion therapy programs, "[for] those seeking to change their sexual behavior."[107][108][109][110]

Pence has said that homosexuals should not serve in the military, saying, "Homosexuality is incompatible with military service because the presence of homosexuals in the ranks weakens unit cohesion."[111] Pence opposed the repeal of don't ask, don't tell, saying in 2010 that allowing gays and lesbians to openly serve in the military would "have an impact on unit cohesion."[111][112]

In 2007, Pence voted against the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, which would have banned workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.[113]

Pence opposes both same-sex marriage and civil unions.[117]

Cumby
Time Husk
8,757 Posts
29/M/PA

online   (4)
October 4 2016 8:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
mike penice
Dwarn
9/11 = Inside Job
5,953 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (1)
October 5 2016 4:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
This morning i put a comment in YouTube on NBC News' YouTube video of the VP debates. Very early in the debates, Kaine said, "When Hillary Clinton became secretary of state, Governor Pence, did you know that Osama bin Laden was still alive?" And Pence unfortunately just said, "Yes." I pointed out in my comment that OBL was NOT alive then, that he'd been dead since Dec 2001 of Marfan Syndrome after being treated at an American hospital in Dubai, that he worked for the CIA, and that Zionists in the US Govt did 9/11 with the help of Mossad. And I said it's been 15 years and I have zero tolerance for the official lie. And that if people still haven't done their research, they're part of the problem.

My comment got deleted within the hour.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
25,623 Posts
30/M/IL

offline   (11)
October 5 2016 4:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Well that's weird.
Dianana
8====D
65,808 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (8)
October 5 2016 4:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,427 Posts
31/M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (13)
October 5 2016 4:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dwarn

This morning i put a comment in YouTube on NBC News' YouTube video of the VP debates. Very early in the debates, Kaine said, "When Hillary Clinton became secretary of state, Governor Pence, did you know that Osama bin Laden was still alive?" And Pence unfortunately just said, "Yes." I pointed out in my comment that OBL was NOT alive then, that he'd been dead since Dec 2001 of Marfan Syndrome after being treated at an American hospital in Dubai, that he worked for the CIA, and that Zionists in the US Govt did 9/11 with the help of Mossad. And I said it's been 15 years and I have zero tolerance for the official lie. And that if people still haven't done their research, they're part of the problem.

My comment got deleted within the hour.

You are an embarrassing loser
Dwarn
9/11 = Inside Job
5,953 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (1)
October 5 2016 5:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,427 Posts
31/M/NA

October 5 2016 5:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

This is not an einstein quote. It was said by william paley.
It is quite ironic that you misquoted someone while accusing me of a lack of investigation.
Cumby
Time Husk
8,757 Posts
29/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (4)
October 5 2016 5:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
"If you can't handle me at my worst, you dont deserve me at my best"
-Hitler
Carlo_HC
hardcore for life
23,325 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (1)
October 5 2016 5:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
"i am gay"
-christopher gaylord brickhouse
Dickscraper
dickacraper
25,623 Posts
30/M/IL

offline   (11)
October 5 2016 5:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Carlo_HC

"i am gay"
-christopher gaylord brickhouse

Davey.
Baby Cole
43,427 Posts
31/M/NA

October 5 2016 5:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

9/11 was a terrorist attack carried out by al qaeda with no prior knowledge or involvement of the US government

Dwarn
9/11 = Inside Job
5,953 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (1)
October 5 2016 5:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Who originally stated the quote isn't very important. It's a universal truth.

I pointed out how this VP debate slipped in yet another lie about 9/11 and you chose to call me an embarrassing loser in response. It was actually inaccurate to call you merely ignorant. You're worse than ignorant. You're what Malcolm X would call "a house Negro."

" If someone came to the house Negro and said, "Let's go, let's separate," naturally that Uncle Tom would say, "Go where? What could I do without boss? Where would I live? How would I dress? Who would look out for me?" That's the house Negro. But if you went to the field Negro and said, "Let's go, let's separate," he wouldn't even ask you where or how. He'd say, "Yes, let's go." And that one ended right there."
Dwarno
7/11 = My Real Job
111 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (7)
October 5 2016 5:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Jewz
Dickscraper
dickacraper
25,623 Posts
30/M/IL

offline   (11)
October 5 2016 5:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
LOL Dwarn called Davey a house negro haha
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,427 Posts
31/M/NA

October 5 2016 5:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Who originally stated the quote isn't very important. It's a universal truth.

I pointed out how this VP debate slipped in yet another lie about 9/11 and you chose to call me an embarrassing loser in response. It was actually inaccurate to call you merely ignorant. You're worse than ignorant. You're what Malcolm X would call "a house Negro."

" If someone came to the house Negro and said, "Let's go, let's separate," naturally that Uncle Tom would say, "Go where? What could I do without boss? Where would I live? How would I dress? Who would look out for me?" That's the house Negro. But if you went to the field Negro and said, "Let's go, let's separate," he wouldn't even ask you where or how. He'd say, "Yes, let's go." And that one ended right there."

Your reaction to someone pointing out you are a hypocrite for not researching your own sources, even when your initial point was a criticism of a lack of investigation, is to call them an uncle tom?
I was so wrong to call you an embarrassing loser.
forum Politics and Society ›› mike pence, vp ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: mike pence, vp

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?