forum Dorks R Us ›› Video Game Thread ›› new reply Post Reply
pahulkster

what cha gonna do
12,196 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (1)
March 19 2015 10:09 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Making a general video game discussion thread.

What are you currently playing? Looking forward to? Favorite past games?

Currently playing some of the SNES library on the Wii U. I had a Genesis growing up so I never really played a lot of the classic SNES games. I don't really like that they are still $8 and have them all on emulators anyway so I only have the classics so far. Been working on Super Mario World, and A Link to the Past.

Is Super Mario World really hard or is it just me? I've been playing Mario forever, can beat the other games easily, but this game is kicking my ass for some reason.
tom.
^__^
62,525 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (5)
March 19 2015 11:38 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i haven't really been into the nintendo world since the first year the wii came out, but i'm currently on xbox trying to finish up skyrim still.
the last of us remastered on ps4 is the most recent game to fully capture my attention since bioshock infinite.
i found destiny to be overrated. cool graphics but too repetitive.
metro 2033 has been pretty fun. it's intense though. i'll have to block off some time to finish it.

favorite past games:
1. the fallout series
2. the bioshock series
3. the last of us

looking forward to:
FALLOUT 4. i may go into hiding for a week when it eventually comes out. still have to wait til 6/14 to see if we get a release date though.
TheOtherGodhead
N.I.L.
11,730 Posts
32/M/PA

offline  mobile reply     (2)
March 19 2015 11:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
SMW is hard. I seen a picture somewhere online where a guy said he tried beating Vanilla Dome 3 like 450 times but couldn't do it.
TheOtherGodhead
N.I.L.
11,730 Posts
32/M/PA

March 19 2015 11:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Currently playing modern:
Lego Batman 3
GTA 5
Batman: Arkham City
Castlevania: Portrait Of Ruin

Currently playing retro:
Mega Man X

And I'm looking forward to the new Zelda game for Wii U. I may buy a system to play it.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
209,584 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (23)
March 19 2015 11:46 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
super mario world has some really hard levels, but is super fun
TheOtherGodhead
N.I.L.
11,730 Posts
32/M/PA

March 19 2015 11:47 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Super
WREN
Pulp Free
52,034 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (19)
March 19 2015 12:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I haven't played a Nintendo since N64.

Converted over to the XB1 a few weeks ago. Finished the storyline for Dying Light. It was a basically another Dead Island but with a much grittier setting and a more focused social/political driven storyline. I dug it. The parkour movement was pretty flawless and the night time stuff was good to get your heartrate going. I drop in every now and then to play with a friend that is currently finishing up some of the side missions.

Currently playing Assassins Creed: Black Flag. I had to read the stories from the few games in between the first one and this to understand what was going on but I dig this one. I'm only really playing it because it came free with the console I bought but it turned out to be a lot of fun. I'll play Unity after this just to keep up on the storyline.

I have the UFC game downloaded but I'm not really feeling it right now. I'll go back to it once I beat Black Flag to give it another shot.
TOOTHPAC SHAKUR
master quoter
30,858 Posts
31/M/OH

offline  mobile reply   (15)
March 19 2015 12:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Gta v. The heists are fuckin rad
ass nipples
old dancing boy
37,943 Posts
32/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (7)
March 19 2015 12:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
the heists made me go back after about 3-4 months of not playing it.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,196 Posts
33/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
March 19 2015 12:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I want to get GTA V again even though I have it for the 360. Just waiting for a sale, but it doesn't seem likely soon.

I haven't been playing too much new stuff because I cancelled Gamefly. Got sick of waiting forever for games. Played Assassins Creed Unity last. It was ok but I am done with those until they do something really new.

Played a ton of the new Dragon Age. Awesome game, and hopefully they put out lots of DLC.

Watched my girlfriend play through Captain Toad Treasure Tracker. It's a fun game. The Wii U is sweet but just under ultilized. Hopefully the new Zelda blows everyone away.
tom.
^__^
62,525 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (5)
March 19 2015 12:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WREN

I haven't played a Nintendo since N64.

Converted over to the XB1 a few weeks ago. Finished the storyline for Dying Light. It was a basically another Dead Island but with a much grittier setting and a more focused social/political driven storyline. I dug it. The parkour movement was pretty flawless and the night time stuff was good to get your heartrate going. I drop in every now and then to play with a friend that is currently finishing up some of the side missions.

Currently playing Assassins Creed: Black Flag. I had to read the stories from the few games in between the first one and this to understand what was going on but I dig this one. I'm only really playing it because it came free with the console I bought but it turned out to be a lot of fun. I'll play Unity after this just to keep up on the storyline.

I have the UFC game downloaded but I'm not really feeling it right now. I'll go back to it once I beat Black Flag to give it another shot.

i beat the first assassin's creed and the italian one. played a little bit of black flag. it's alright but i just can't really get myself to love the series.

i loved dead island, so i might have to pick up dying light. thanks for the reminder.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,034 Posts
34/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (19)
March 19 2015 1:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Let me know when you get it and I'll drop in for some co-op missions
Maryland Matt
still oh so ill
8,438 Posts
35/M/MD

offline  mobile reply     (6)
March 19 2015 2:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm currently battling a horrific addiction to Destiny on PS4. We bought Battlefield Hardline last night... but I haven't played it yet.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,196 Posts
33/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
March 24 2015 11:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Amazon has GTA V on Xbox One for $40. Ordered that and will probably be playing for a while.

Going through A Link to the Past for the first time.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,034 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (19)
March 24 2015 11:59 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Just watched the gameplay footage from Arkham Knight. STTTTOOOOOKKKEEEDDDD
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,049 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (1)