forum Politics and Society ›› Dog Chained To A Tree For 4 Years ›› new reply Post Reply
Jason Voorheees

dogfood meatballs
6,425 Posts
39/M/NY

offline   (4)
October 6 2013 8:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Joseph The Dog Was Chained To A Tree For 4 Years

Posted: 10/04/2013 4:53 pm EDT | Updated: 10/04/2013 4:54 pm EDT

Joseph the German Shepherd was clinging to life when authorities rescued him. He was emaciated and dehydrated, his skin was covered with infection, and he had heart worms. Police say his owner left him chained to a tree for four straight years.

The poor pooch -- whose name was changed from Toby by the folks at Progressive Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) in Ohio -- is getting better. He's currently undergoing veterinary rehabilitation.

Joseph's former owner, Jeremy Shane Temple, faces animal cruelty charges.

"It's just hard, really, seeing a dog that skinny," Kassie Jadin, the facilities manager at PAWS, told HuffPost Crime. "It's just so pathetic all around. There aren't enough words to explain how sad it is."

Officers told WCPO that they found the 5-to-7-year-old dog chained to a backyard tree in Middletown with no more than a few scraps of food and little water. Jadin says he was covered in fleas and painful bites.

Temple reportedly told suspicious neighbors that Joseph had a disease that made him appear to be emaciated. When an arresting officer asked Temple about Joseph's condition, he allegedly said, "The dog is not a human."

Temple was fined and released, but he's expected back in court on Oct. 14 for more hearings on animal abuse charges. City prosecutors didn't return calls for comment by press time.

Jadin said he is expected to make a full recovery. He's a nice dog, and "he's really enjoying the attention," she said.

Dianana
8====D
64,827 Posts
34/F/PA

offline  mobile reply   (8)
October 6 2013 8:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Well, this bums me the fuck out.
LEATHERFACE
Hail Caesar
3,756 Posts
34/M/NC

offline  mobile reply   (7)
October 6 2013 8:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
shame
the cat
trash digger
7,163 Posts
33/M/DC

offline   (4)
October 6 2013 9:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Love those dogs. Would cut down tree, burn down house, take dog to pizza hut
Jason Voorheees
dogfood meatballs
6,425 Posts
39/M/NY

offline   (4)
October 6 2013 9:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
glad to see they published his name. i'd like to think that someday local dog owners will do to people like this what inmates do to child molesters in prison.

also, this is so NOT rare at all. whenever i've lived in small white trash towns, there were always multiple dogs in situations like this. i've rescued a few, but the level of stupidity that fosters this kind of shittiness is fairly impenetrable. i wish it was a lot harder to get a dog.
crunkmoose
Netflx n chilli
24,465 Posts
61/M/MA

offline   (9)
October 6 2013 10:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: the cat

Love those dogs. Would cut down tree, burn down house, take dog to pizza hut

Take dog to pizza hut is what really makes this the best post here ever.

Also.. yeah, I'd say being chained to a tree for 4 years sounds about right in terms of punishment for this dick.
Ron Shark
Time Husk
27,231 Posts
7/M/PA

offline     (5)
October 6 2013 10:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
It's incredible the dog lasted 4 years. Hopefully, that will help prove he can rebound from this and they also throw the book at his "owner." Also, have to agree with taking the dog to pizza hut being awesome.
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
36,201 Posts
30/M/PA

online   (11)
October 6 2013 11:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
give that nigga a hot dog
WREN
Pulp Free
52,035 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (19)
October 7 2013 7:02 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Why do people like this even bother getting a dog in the first place? I mean it's pretty clear they didn't want him and it is fairly easy to turn the dog over to a shelter or rescue. I mean all it would take is a simple phone call. It's a terrible shame that 4 years of this guys relatively short life was spent in complete misery. Hopefully he rebounds and is placed in a home that completely showers him in affection.

I also agree that I wish it was way harder to get a pet, not just a dog and I wish there were way stricter penalties for shitty owners/animal abusers.
ScrewFlanders
nah im alright
3,870 Posts
32/M/PA

offline   (6)
October 7 2013 7:17 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
well this ruined my day
viva hate
nipple salad
13,012 Posts
33/F/PA

offline  mobile reply   (23)
October 7 2013 7:25 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Next story: 16 dismembered bodies found in Jeremy Temple's yard. This is sociopath shit.
Greg Road
Stays Demons
385 Posts
65/M/NA

October 7 2013 12:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
There should be an iq test for those who think they are capable enough to take care of an animal, cause obviously most aren't.
LEATHERFACE
Hail Caesar
3,756 Posts
34/M/NC

offline  mobile reply   (7)
October 7 2013 12:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: jongler

doggywouldulikesomesnausages

Lol
Jason Voorheees
dogfood meatballs
6,425 Posts
39/M/NY

offline   (4)
October 7 2013 1:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: viva hate

Next story: 16 dismembered bodies found in Jeremy Temple's yard. This is sociopath shit.

you may be on to something. also, for anyone in middletown, feel free to rain hell down on this asshole.
ulrikesdream
Time Husk
335 Posts
44/N/A/AK

offline   (3)
November 7 2013 3:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Greg Road

There should be an iq test for those who think they are capable enough to take care of an animal, cause obviously most aren't.

true words.
the j is 4 jongler
woodrabbit1975
5,640 Posts
M/NA

offline   (2)
August 5 2014 12:57 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
that dog was an asshole and deserved it
forum Politics and Society ›› Dog Chained To A Tree For 4 Years ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Dog Chained To A Tree For 4 Years

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?