all threads All Threads ›› PAHC: Tell me about your utilities ›› new reply Post Reply
BRYANA

BITW
16,236 Posts
30/F/PA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
January 8 2013 10:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
If you are a homeowner, what do your utilities run on average?

I have no idea how much things like water/electric/etc run and I'm trying to figure out how much I should expect to pay when we find a house that we want to buy.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
January 8 2013 10:36 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
All those bills are going to vary depending upon how big the house is, how well its insulated, and whether or not your house is all electric like ours or uses gas as well. Water for 2 of you shouldn't be that bad though. I think we pay around $120 for every 3 months. Our major culprit is the long showers we take.
Dianana
8====D
66,500 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
January 8 2013 10:36 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I pay a $115-125 water bill every 3 months. Our electric varies from season to season, the most it's ever been was $250 in the summertime. I need the air going when it's swamp ass outside.
Jess.
wiener breath
38,777 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (11)
January 8 2013 10:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Water: Aqua, about 25/mo
Sewer: $55/quarter
Electric/Natural Gas: 90-120/mo
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,885 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
January 8 2013 10:38 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
apx 120-150 water/trash every three months
electric - anywhere from 180-300

do not buy a house with oil heat. terrible.
BRYANA
BITW
16,236 Posts
30/F/PA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
January 8 2013 10:40 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I know it'll vary a lot but I figured I'd get some numbers because I don't even know what a "normal" price for would. I can look at houses and use mortgage calculators all day but it won't matter if utilities on top of the mortgage price me out of it.

Alot of the houses I've been looking at online are cape cods that aren't very big, and I think we just decided that were going to go look at one that I just found and that one is a rancher (with a wood stove) so obviously that would mean smaller bills.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,205 Posts
38/M/PA

online   (18)
January 8 2013 10:46 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
water: 15-30
electricity: 50-190
oil: twice a year, two 80 gallon tanks @ fuel prices
sewage: 53
tom.
^__^
62,530 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (5)
January 8 2013 11:55 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: BRYANA

I know it'll vary a lot but I figured I'd get some numbers because I don't even know what a "normal" price for would. I can look at houses and use mortgage calculators all day but it won't matter if utilities on top of the mortgage price me out of it.

Alot of the houses I've been looking at online are cape cods that aren't very big, and I think we just decided that were going to go look at one that I just found and that one is a rancher (with a wood stove) so obviously that would mean smaller bills.

you get an awesome tax return for owning, if that's any consolation. also, dat escrow.
Jess.
wiener breath
38,777 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (11)
January 8 2013 11:58 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: tom.

Originally posted by: BRYANA

you get an awesome tax return for owning, if that's any consolation. also, dat escrow.

I'm excited for my return this year. Going to spend it on a tropical trip.
tom.
^__^
62,530 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (5)
January 8 2013 12:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah, i was all like, "man, this punta cana trip is going to crush my pockets," but then i remembered that sweet sweet tax return, so i'm indirectly doing the same.
all threads All Threads ›› PAHC: Tell me about your utilities ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: PAHC: Tell me about your utilities

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?