forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› exercise questions and queries ›› new reply Post Reply
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
28/M/WV

offline   (1)
January 8 2013 10:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
This might be a tall order, but somebody in here might be into fitness enough that they'll take the type to type something out.

I need to lose like 100 pounds, bad. My parents bought me a YMCA membership for Christmas that goes into effect on the 14th. Thing is, I don't remember how to do any lifts aside from like, curls and bench press or whatever.

Essentially, I need a routine. Something like

*this exercise/this many reps/this many sets*
*next exercise/reps/sets*
etc. etc. etc.

Would anybody wanna help my flabby ass out with this? I lost like 80 pounds in middle school from running, but I don't see myself being able to pull that off now that I'm a relatively heavy smoker. The gym has a pool, so I plan on swimming for cardio, and I know that's real important, but just as important to me is the skin that'll undoubtedly hang around. So, I figure doing like 5/6 days a week of low-weight/high-rep lifting with lots of swimming and eating better could take care of it, I just need to know exactly what exercises to be doing.

Thanks in advance!
lord sauron
city of champions
9,020 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (8)
January 16 2013 10:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
If you're serious about getting healthy, either quit smoking altogether, or cut back. You should be running. Also, fuck the low weight/high rep isolation bs, read this -

click here for link
the cat
numetal/juggalo
7,315 Posts
34/M/DC

offline   (5)
January 17 2013 8:02 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: 3,000 piece McNugget

I just need to know exactly what exercises to be doing.

Deadlifts, squats, and bench press

Those exercises are technical but if it is important to you, you will figure them out. Don't just do bench press, you'll mess up your shoulder like every dude who just does bench press ever

Figure out a routine that works for you
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› exercise questions and queries ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: exercise questions and queries

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?