forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› exercise questions and queries ›› new reply Post Reply
deadlift

sees air
15,543 Posts
64/M/NA

offline   (18)
May 11 2012 11:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: RyanSchwenksville

I honestly need a whole new workout plan. I did starting strength for about 4 months and really plateaued on every lift so I am pretty much lost. I really want to focus on losing more weight than I do packing on any bulk which is why I started doing yoga for cardio.

I also derailed this thread completely

what are you doing for accessory movements? and how often do you switch them up? squatting will not increase your squat, accessories movements do that. same goes for the the bench and deadlift. take a sprinter for example, they don't get faster by running, they get faster by doing exercises that strengthen the muscles used while running. the hamstrings, for example.
owen.
i dont care
406 Posts
32/M/PA

offline  mobile reply     (2)
May 11 2012 1:57 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Does anyone drink that muscle milk stuff? I keep hearing about it non-stop.
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,427 Posts
31/M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (13)
May 11 2012 1:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
My penis is huge. My BMI is perfect. I am davey.
What should I change?
WREN
Pulp Free
52,169 Posts
35/M/PA

online   (19)
May 11 2012 2:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: owen.

It tastes good but there are far better protein products out there.
deadlift
sees air
15,543 Posts
64/M/NA

offline   (18)
May 11 2012 2:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
don't waste your money on muscle milk
tony plush
Anxiety Hangover
11,182 Posts
26/M/WI

offline     (5)
May 11 2012 2:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
seriously. $3.99 for like 20g of protein? fuck that.

also, for my flat bench press, lately ive been doing:
-close-grip,wide-grip, and incline bench (low weight, high reps)
-vertical and horizontal medicine ball throws
-dips/pullups
-OHP
-tricep isolation exercises
RyanSchwenksville
Stoked,Pumped
11,858 Posts
33/M/PA

offline  mobile reply     (8)
May 11 2012 2:55 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WREN

Originally posted by: owen.

It tastes good but there are far better protein products out there.

RyanSchwenksville
Stoked,Pumped
11,858 Posts
33/M/PA

offline  mobile reply     (8)
May 11 2012 2:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: deadlift

I honestly need a whole new workout plan. I did starting strength for about 4 months and really plateaued on every lift so I am pretty much lost. I really want to focus on losing more weight than I do packing on any bulk which is why I started doing yoga for cardio.

I also derailed this thread completely

what are you doing for accessory movements? and how often do you switch them up? squatting will not increase your squat, accessories movements do that. same goes for the the bench and deadlift. take a sprinter for example, they don't get faster by running, they get faster by doing exercises that strengthen the muscles used while running. the hamstrings, for example.

I guess what I need to know is which exercises to do on which days. I really dont know which accessory exercises are best.
deadlift
sees air
15,543 Posts
64/M/NA

offline   (18)
May 11 2012 2:57 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: tony plush

seriously. $3.99 for like 20g of protein? fuck that.

also, for my flat bench press, lately ive been doing:
-close-grip,wide-grip, and incline bench (low weight, high reps)
-vertical and horizontal medicine ball throws
-dips/pullups
-OHP
-tricep isolation exercises

triceps are usually what's holding back someone on the bench; followed by shoulders and back.. very rarely is it the chest.

what are you doing for triceps? try elbows out extensions, if you're not doing them already.

tony plush
Anxiety Hangover
11,182 Posts
26/M/WI

offline     (5)
May 11 2012 3:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
cool, will do. i didnt mention things like deadlifts and barbell rows because i do those as main exercises as well.

right now im doing tricep kickbacks, tricep pulldowns, standing triceps extension, and skull crushers.
deadlift
sees air
15,543 Posts
64/M/NA

offline   (18)
May 11 2012 3:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I guess what I need to know is which exercises to do on which days. I really dont know which accessory exercises are best.

I will run the same set of accessory movements for 2 weeks (3 weeks max if I haven't done them in a while) and then I will alternate. I'm a nut and map my entire training cycle out ahead of time, which is usually around 6 weeks depending on where I am at. I have enough movements that I will not hit the same accessory exercise for 2, sometimes 3 cycles. For some movements, it's longer than that, but you get the point. You always want to keep the body guessing, that's why it's important to switch grips, stance, height .. etc when doing the big 3.

I recommend you keep doing starting strength, but switch up the accessories. I will come up with the accessory movements for you for one cycle if you promise to stick to it and not waiver for the entire duration.. barring you're rest and diet are on point you will see results.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,324 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (1)
May 11 2012 5:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: tony plush

cool, will do. i didnt mention things like deadlifts and barbell rows because i do those as main exercises as well.

right now im doing tricep kickbacks, tricep pulldowns, standing triceps extension, and skull crushers.

You could drop all of those for triceps if you want to get your bench up.
deadlift
sees air
15,543 Posts
64/M/NA

offline   (18)
May 11 2012 5:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah, the only muscle a kickback has ever stimulated is a clitoris.
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
35/M/NA

offline   (4)
June 3 2012 11:25 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I've been doing this one exercise to bring my squat up for a few years now. Its actually perfect, it specifically targets every muscle used by your body doing a squat, and places the correct proportion of stress on the specific muscles.

Start with the bar in the ladder or power rack approximately nipple level, if not a tiny bit higher. Walk up to the bar, line yourself up evenly on it, take a fairly wide solid grip on the bar and duck under, coming up with the bar resting squarely on your shoulders, a little below the tops of the trapezius. Straighten your legs, step back, take the widest stance that feels comfortable. Take a deep breath with your diaphragm, using the tension to brace your stomach, pick a spot on the wall higher than your head and stare. Fill your chest, reach your ass back and down until your thighs are about parallel to the ground. Go back up the way you came down. Repeat.
Matthaeus
Just the tip?
773 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (1)
June 3 2012 12:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Kevlar Moneyclips

I've been doing this one exercise to bring my squat up for a few years now. Its actually perfect, it specifically targets every muscle used by your body doing a squat, and places the correct proportion of stress on the specific muscles.

Start with the bar in the ladder or power rack approximately nipple level, if not a tiny bit higher. Walk up to the bar, line yourself up evenly on it, take a fairly wide solid grip on the bar and duck under, coming up with the bar resting squarely on your shoulders, a little below the tops of the trapezius. Straighten your legs, step back, take the widest stance that feels comfortable. Take a deep breath with your diaphragm, using the tension to brace your stomach, pick a spot on the wall higher than your head and stare. Fill your chest, reach your ass back and down until your thighs are about parallel to the ground. Go back up the way you came down. Repeat.

i do the same thing, love it
hesinparties
bloodthirst
2,946 Posts
11/M/NA

offline   (10)
June 13 2012 9:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Deadlift,

Thoughts on adding olive oil "shooters" to your diet to add calories? If , would it matter what type of olive oil is used? (regular, virgin, extra virgin)

Already have a steady diet of blue diamond almonds, so I'm not sure if this would be going overboard.

sincerely,

Too lean in PA
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› exercise questions and queries ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: exercise questions and queries

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?