forum Do It Yourself Help/Tips ›› Music editing ›› new reply Post Reply
mrdtb123

crack skat
1,880 Posts
28/M/SC

offline  mobile reply   (2)
December 30 2011 8:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Are there any free programs that are easy to use where I can get rid of or reduce background noise from a live set?

If anyone can help me out let me know so I can send a pm to get some advice.

I recorded a freind last night and there is some background sounds I would like to remove or atleast turn down if possible .
Matthaeus
Just the tip?
773 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (1)
December 30 2011 8:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I don't know of any free ones

The best noise reduction I've ever used isn't even close to free. The Waves bundles have oodles of noise reduction plug-ins though, and if you know anyone that uses those, just make a mixdown through one of those.

what kind of noise is it anyway?
mrdtb123
crack skat
1,880 Posts
28/M/SC

offline  mobile reply   (2)
December 30 2011 8:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
One drunk chick freaking the fuck out. You can still hear him really well. It's just annoying hearing this bitches voice in the background.

I had no clue whether or not turning her off or down was technically possible let alone free.
Matthaeus
Just the tip?
773 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (1)
December 30 2011 9:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
PM'd
dylantasch
NO BITCHASSNESS
972 Posts
24/M/PA

offline  mobile reply     (3)
December 31 2011 3:10 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Matthaeus

I don't know of any free ones

The best noise reduction I've ever used isn't even close to free. The Waves bundles have oodles of noise reduction plug-ins though, and if you know anyone that uses those, just make a mixdown through one of those.

what kind of noise is it anyway?

mrabrax
Time Husk
5 Posts
35/M/IL

offline   (3)
December 18 2012 10:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
As far as free goes, Audacity is the best. http://audacity.sourceforge.net It will do most things you will need short of actual mastering. I have done many many recordings with less than desirable equipment.
Audacity will do wonders as long as you understand your audio basics :) The noise reduction tool is one of the easier vs. most effective filters available with any software.

If you need specific help, I'll try to give you a hand with it, message me your email or im or something!
Good luck!

I made this recording with Advocate using all live instruments in a garage with a single condenser mic sitting on a drywall bucket in the middle of the room. I had 2 mics on the drums (bass drum/top 2 toms). Mics were run to a peavy 4 track mixer, then output to a fairly junk PC, PCI sound card, WinXP, and Cool Edit 2.1.

Having the mixer gave me some power to control the sound going into the pc (i had a 5 band eq on each channel) but overall it just provided the means to output all the mics to one source.
I only put the mics on the drums because they didn't come through enough in the mix, it was all symbols.

Sharing: Advocate

(Oh hell, I didn't notice this was a year old. :P Hope it helps anyhow!)
Dee Dee Smirz
DD
15 Posts
23/M/NY

offline   (1)
February 8 2013 11:07 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: mrdtb123

Are there any free programs that are easy to use where I can get rid of or reduce background noise from a live set?

If anyone can help me out let me know so I can send a pm to get some advice.

I recorded a freind last night and there is some background sounds I would like to remove or atleast turn down if possible .

I would not recomend garageband, it won't allow you to take out background noises. I should know because thats what my band used while recording our demo and the background noise was horrendus
javier osinski
Time Husk
5 Posts
27/N/A/AK

offline   (1)
July 30 2016 1:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Hi,

Every Audio program has an option to remove background noise,
if you want a free software i suggest you Audacity, it's easy to use, i'll give you the link;
click here for link

cool edit pro also great; click here for link

if you want a high quality noise reduction, i usually start using waves plugins, they have diffrent plugins of noise reduction, for more details, please visit the link;

Waves Plugins; click here for link

but make sure your program support vst or aax or AU,Artas, It depends on the software that you're using, so each software is diffrent, some of them support vst, some of them AU....

Thanks,
forum Do It Yourself Help/Tips ›› Music editing ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Music editing

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band