forum General Crabbery ›› celebrating divorce ›› new reply Post Reply
Brett Weir
im gay
44,178 Posts
32/M/NY

offline  mobile reply   (7)
November 13 2014 12:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
You said it's "awful," that kind of implies that you disapprove of anyone celebrating their personal divorces. That's textbook judgemental? Did I interpret you wrong? Genuinely asking
planet of the apes
no.
3,746 Posts
34/M/NJ

offline   (6)
November 13 2014 12:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: planet of the apes

tom.
^__^
62,525 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (5)
November 13 2014 12:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: BRYANA

Animalhaus played a divorce party last summer. It was kind of strange but there was a lot of bbq'd meats and crabs, so I guess that was cool.

this, combined with the link i posted is what i'm talking about.
that party was depressing. i played 3 songs and had to get the hell out of there.
buying a divorce ring to commemorate your divorce? that's some sad shit.
it doesn't mean i'm throwing down god's wrath and saying you're an awful person.
i'd rather have a bachelor-again party and celebrate your hope for the future.
Cumby
Time Husk
7,085 Posts
29/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (4)
November 13 2014 12:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
You have to buy something for something to mean anything
Jess.
wiener breath
38,332 Posts
30/F/PA

offline   (11)
November 13 2014 12:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: tom.

Originally posted by: BRYANA

Animalhaus played a divorce party last summer. It was kind of strange but there was a lot of bbq'd meats and crabs, so I guess that was cool.

this, combined with the link i posted is what i'm talking about.
that party was depressing. i played 3 songs and had to get the hell out of there.
buying a divorce ring to commemorate your divorce? that's some sad shit.
it doesn't mean i'm throwing down god's wrath and saying you're an awful person.
i'd rather have a bachelor-again party and celebrate your hope for the future.

maybe I'm confused, but isn't a bachelor-again party the same thing? That's the party I was referencing anyway. The one my boss's friend had was basically celebrating that he was no longer married, which would mean he is now a bachelor. He didn't buy a ring coffin or whatever.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,035 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (19)
November 13 2014 1:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Marriage is different for everyone. If you are religious and still believe that it holds some religious connotation, then of course you are going to look at celebrating the divorce as a sad thing. I think you really need to step out of the box though and understand some marriages are absolutely awful and sometimes violent at the end. If someone is being straight up abused mentally, verbally, or physically and they finally get themselves out of the relationship, why would you be opposed to them celebrating it? They've been dealing with some heavy shit for however long. So you have a problem calling it celebrating divorce and prefer calling it celebrating new life, but lets be real here, it's still the same thing.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,035 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (19)
November 13 2014 1:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Also, why bother with a ring coffin or a divorce ring? I would just pawn the rings for as much money as I could get back and be done with the ring nonsense.
tom.
^__^
62,525 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (5)
November 13 2014 1:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
this party was a spiteful dude talking shit on his ex-wife. it was sad and awful. like celebrating a grudge.
Jess.
wiener breath
38,332 Posts
30/F/PA

offline   (11)
November 13 2014 1:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Oh gotcha. Nah, the one I was referencing was basically bachelor party round 2 from what I'm told.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,035 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (19)
November 13 2014 1:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Was she awful to him while in the relationship? It's definitely tacky if you use it just as a forum to open the floodgates of bad mouthing but being excited and wanting to party to celebrate being out of a huge burden, isn't a bad thing to me. I would much, much rather see someone have a party and vent a little than see someone spill their guts out on Facebook every 20 minutes like someone we all know is doing currently. I don't even know that dude like that and I know pretty much everything about his pending divorce.
tom.
^__^
62,525 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (5)
November 13 2014 1:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
would you want to be at a party where the-person-who-we-all-are-now-thinking-of is venting those facebook posts to you in person? it's the same awful shit, just now you can't scroll past.
some things are worth celebrating, some things are worth counseling. if i throw a big party to celebrate my divorce what i'm saying is "EVERYONE LOOK AT ME, I'M NOT OVER IT." if i'm in a healthy state-of-mind, i'm going to forgive, let go, then just go about my business.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,035 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (19)
November 13 2014 1:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Well in that case, the party was tacky. But if it's a good thing that said person is out of the relationship and having, as Jess said, basically Bachelor Party #2, then fuck it. Party it up. Do dumb shit. Regroup on Monday,set out to eat pussy until your jaw breaks, and find the next right one for you.
tom.
^__^
62,525 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (5)
November 13 2014 1:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
lol
Brett Weir
im gay
44,178 Posts
32/M/NY

offline  mobile reply   (7)
November 13 2014 4:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Lmao yes if divorce parties are anything like you know who's Facebook feed, I sm right there with you tom
JohnDurham
Time Husk
7 Posts
20/M/OH

March 15 2017 3:03 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
This depends on the situation..
forum General Crabbery ›› celebrating divorce ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: celebrating divorce

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics