forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› phoenxville area gyms? ›› new reply Post Reply
Kevlar Moneyclips

Time Husk
3,022 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (4)
August 2 2011 8:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Where are you guys training? I like the Y but they're on a mission to keep me down lately. I might go with phoenixville fitness but the squat rack sucks and you can't shower in there. Which are about the two most important parts of a gym.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,860 Posts
39/M/PA

offline  mobile reply     (23)
August 2 2011 8:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
What's going on at the y?
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (4)
August 2 2011 9:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
they want a contract, my credit card, sixty dollars a month and a hundred dollars down.

They did five hundred thousand in upgrades and made the weight room smaller and laid out worse than it was ten years ago. Then double the price of membership. Fuck them.
Ian G.
Time Husk
5,391 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (8)
August 2 2011 10:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
its 60 bucks now? damn when i went there it was like 28, granted i did fudge the "student" price but stilllll. the old set up with the two separate free weight rooms was a lot better imo. the "cardio" area is pretty rediculous, but they def did shrink the free weight area
Ian G.
Time Husk
5,391 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (8)
August 2 2011 10:55 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
its 60 bucks now? damn when i went there it was like 28, granted i did fudge the "student" price but stilllll. the old set up with the two separate free weight rooms was a lot better imo. the "cardio" area is pretty rediculous, but they def did shrink the free weight area
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,860 Posts
39/M/PA

offline  mobile reply     (23)
August 2 2011 11:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Kevlar Moneyclips

they want a contract, my credit card, sixty dollars a month and a hundred dollars down.

They did five hundred thousand in upgrades and made the weight room smaller and laid out worse than it was ten years ago. Then double the price of membership. Fuck them.

The weightrooms are actually double the size and I've been paying the same for years
Ian G.
Time Husk
5,391 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (8)
August 2 2011 11:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i need to join a gym again, home worksouts just arent the same
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (4)
August 3 2011 3:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm temped to type out a two page rant, but noone cares. Y's are supposed to be community oriented affordable gyms. They've all always been non profits existing as a community resource, but now they want to charge high dollar membership fees and attract yuppies.

I've belonged to various Y's most of my life and its a real shame whats happened to most of them, they've always been some of the best gyms with some of the best people.
brenoritvrezorkre
tortiteniphates
26,685 Posts
31/M/CA

offline   (3)
August 3 2011 3:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
my gym costs 20 bucks a month.

InTheButtLikeWhat
get low
12,901 Posts
35/F/CA

offline   (6)
August 3 2011 3:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
if $60 is high, i pay an obscene amount for my gym. BUT it has 3 lifting platforms, 4 squat racks, a jillion benches and other equipment that is actually useful and an appropriate cardio area. the clientele is awesome, too.

edit: i'm paying about $50 (i paid for 6 months in advance)
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (4)
August 3 2011 3:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'll probably end up paying fifty a month still, but I wont' be doing it so that thirty five yuppies can simultaneously use thirty five different four thousand dollar pieces of equipment while the workers still get the same wages they did ten years ago.
Yodel Toast
que te follen
20,134 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (14)
August 3 2011 3:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: rain king

mine too, and its got a movie theater in it. I can work out and watch the big screen and not be bothered. fucking rules.

oh and in the non-theater part of the gym every treadmill/elliptical/bike has a nice ass flatscreen tv that you can watch anything you want on.
Pb609
Web Bitch
33,523 Posts
36/M/NJ

offline  mobile reply     (35)
August 3 2011 3:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
LA Fitness in Collegeville is baller. You can probably still get in for $29/mo.
brenoritvrezorkre
tortiteniphates
26,685 Posts
31/M/CA

offline   (3)
August 3 2011 3:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Yodel Toast

Originally posted by: rain king

mine too, and its got a movie theater in it. I can work out and watch the big screen and not be bothered. fucking rules.

oh and in the non-theater part of the gym every treadmill/elliptical/bike has a nice ass flatscreen tv that you can watch anything you want on.

that sounds rad. mine's a hole haha, but it's more than sufficient for what i'm there to do -- focus, work out, sweat, and persevere.
the cat
numetal/juggalo
7,487 Posts
36/M/DC

offline   (5)
August 3 2011 3:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Mine is $25, it's nice, and the cost of living around here is usually pretty wild

The Y in Hazleton PA (where I'm from) actually required a voided check and auto withdrawal, another pahc user tried to pay in cash for a year up front, they said no... makes sense

I wanted to take a tour of a gym in downtown DC and they said the only way I could go on a tour is if I join

Though they've gotten away from it, Ballys has had business practices regarding membership so shady, I wouldn't believe it unless I witnessed it myself, but that's too much typing

The best gym I was ever at is called The Rush! in Tennessee and that was $50/month and was 24hrs, but that place was like the taj mahuge
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (4)
August 3 2011 4:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i had a membership with some gym once. I didn't read through the fifty five page contract before i signed. turns out i didn't really sign a membership contract, i took out like a ten thousand dollar loan from some other company to pay my five year dues up front and then owed that money back. I wish I could find someone to personally punch in the face for that head ache.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› phoenxville area gyms? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: phoenxville area gyms?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?