all threads All Threads ›› VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY ›› new reply Post Reply
liamrulz

embarrassed for y
20,661 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (17)
April 19 2011 11:55 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
This program has the potential to change the way we think about homelessness nation wide!
for the important details skip to the end, but basically they need volunteers to help conduct a survey of the whole city, the questions are focused on health concerns and such. check it out and consider giving your time

Philadelphia Outreach Week
May 15 - 20, 2011

Common Ground’s 100,000 Homes Campaign is a grassroots effort to find and place the most vulnerable, long-term homeless individuals into 100,000 households across the country by July 2013.

As part of Com¬mon Ground’s 100,000 Homes Campaign and in partnership with the City of Philadelphia, Project H.O.M.E., Pathways to Housing Philadelphia, United Way of SEPA, Mental Health Association of SEPA, Horizon House, Bethesda Project and Broad St Ministry, we are planning a weeklong effort to identify and help persons who are homeless obtain and sustain permanent housing.

The goal of Philadelphia Outreach Week is to create a by-name registry of people living on our streets and shelters, so we can prioritize those who have been out there the longest and who are the most vulnerable. What we learn together during this week will help us reduce chronic homelessness in Philadelphia.

The campaign is recruiting dedicated volun¬teers to canvass Philadelphia streets and shelters to survey the city’s most vulnerable homeless individuals and families. To ensure the most accurate count possible, we will survey individuals during the early morning hours for three consecutive days. The survey findings will be presented to the community at the conclusion of Philadelphia Outreach Week on May 20.

Visit our web site at www.100KHomesPhilly.org to volunteer. If you have questions, contact Jake Bowling, the Outreach Coordinator, at jbowling@mhasp.org or 267.507.3816!

Join the team that refuses to accept that homelessness in Philadelphia is an inevitable part of our urban landscape.
Volunteer for the 100,000 Homes Campaign
Philadelphia Outreach Week!

Here’s how you can get involved:

All Events below start at Broad Street Ministry, 315 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
May 15th from 2:00-5:00PM: Participate in a mandatory volunteer training session. Training will be in the basement at Broad Street Ministry
May 16, 17, and 18 from 4:00-7:00AM: Take to the streets to survey persons who are homeless. We kindly ask that volunteers participate in all three mornings. Volunteers will gather at Broad St Ministry in the Sanctuary, and meet their team members and head out to the streets.

Also, check out our Facebook Page- 100K Homes Philly!

For more information, please contact: Jake Bowling at the Mental Health Association of SEPA, 267-507-3816 or jbowling@mhasp.org
xAJDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
42,289 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (5)
April 19 2011 11:58 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Whats the pay?
liamrulz
embarrassed for y
20,661 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (17)
April 19 2011 12:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
t-shirt, breakfast, and the warm blanket of moral superiority.
talking shit
talking shit
8,982 Posts
19/M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (4)
April 19 2011 1:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Bump can i at least get a hair cut?
tom.
^__^
62,530 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (5)
April 19 2011 1:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
this is a pretty epic campaign.
talking shit
talking shit
8,982 Posts
19/M/NA

April 19 2011 1:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Liam and his people do stuff of epic sizes!
liamrulz
embarrassed for y
20,661 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (17)
April 19 2011 1:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
this is an effort of almost every Homelessness non-profit in philadelphia. all we are doing is providing space and helping to recruit volunteers. it's gonna be great, but we deserve little credit for this.
tom.
^__^
62,530 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (5)
April 19 2011 1:55 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
humble answer from a humble ministry. mad props to anyone volunteering.
talking shit
talking shit
8,982 Posts
19/M/NA

April 19 2011 2:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Thats why this backed my me..Foreal can i get a haitcut still?
liamrulz
embarrassed for y
20,661 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (17)
April 19 2011 10:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
we are doin construction where the barber shop is
talking shit
talking shit
8,982 Posts
19/M/NA

April 19 2011 10:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I dont really need a cut.I emailed you.Holler back at me
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
38,210 Posts
46/M/PA

offline   (11)
April 19 2011 10:06 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Im assembling a team of professionals to sweep through the city and eliminate the homeless. I need 3 good men and a van.
talking shit
talking shit
8,982 Posts
19/M/NA

April 19 2011 11:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
You wont leave your house lowlife
all threads All Threads ›› VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject