Post Fight Presser Notes:
- Dana informs the media in attendance that Frank Mir won't be at the conference as he has a suspected broken jaw, while Brian Stann has a broken thumb but is still attending the presser.
Stefan Struve and Jorge Santiago are also at the hospital getting checked over.
- Matt Hamill said he wasn't happy with his performance and was embarassed with his takedowns. He says he wants to get back into the training room, figure out what went wrong and come back better.
- Dana White says "it sucks" that Rampage might have a fractured hand, but he's holding out hope that it's not.
Despite a slightly lackluster performance White still feels Rampage is one of the top two or three fighters in the division and he wants to keep him busy. A fight with Jon Jones would be on the cards if his hand isn't broken.
- Roy Nelson jokes that he brought in Dan Hardy to help with his wrestling for this fight.
- Rampage said he took it as a personal challenge to knock out Hamill after finding out that he hadn't been KO'd before. He says he tried, but just couldn't find the finish and says he doesn't think anybody else will be able to KO him either.
Later he jokes that he hit Hamill with everything but the toilet, and that he probably needed a hammer to KO him.
As for his hand, he says he hurt it in Japan back in December drunkingly messing around in a hallway with a friend. He had hoped it would have healed by now, but he hurt it again in training and was told by a doctor that it was fractured. He says he chose to fight anyway.
Rampage says he's not happy with the way he's been fighting lately, but insists that it's due to people always trying to take him down.
- Rick Story says he'd like to face Jon Fitch next.
Story also reveals that the knee that Alves caught him with "sent my teeth through my mouthpiece."
- Dana claims that Brian Stann is on his way to being a superstar after finishing Jorge Santiago who he describes as "a legit guy." According to White, UFC Legend Chuck Liddell told him he believes Stann will be a star.
- Rampage is apparently oblivious to the recent Jon Jones Vs Rashad Evans feud, but says that anybody who knows Evans will probably end up in that situation.
He says he doesn't really know Jones, but that he has his belt so he wants it back.
- Travis Browne says that his corner called for the superman punch that KO'd Stefan Struve after noticing that the Dutch fighter was throwing a knee every time they separated.
- Nelson cites Mir's size as the big difference between them in the fight, saying that "he's a big guy to get off you."
- Demetrious Johnson feels he was the worthy winner against Miguel Torres, citing his wrestling dominance in round two, and stand-up superiority in the third, though he does give his opponent the first round.
He says he was happy with his performance, but defers a question about his chances of a title shot against the winner of Cruz vs Faber to Dana White.
- According to Nelson he only got caught cleanly with an elbow, and he says that Mir's takedowns were the difference in the fight.
- Stann says he is aiming to be the No.1 contender in the middleweight division by the end of the year, and estimates that he's still two years away from being the best he can be.
Stann says he has no interest in fighting fellow war vet and Strikeforce middleweight fighter Tim Kennedy as they are close friends.
Fight Of The Night Bonuses: ($70,000)
Knockout: Travis Browne
Submission: Gleison Tibau
Fight: Brian Stann & Jorge Santiago