all threads All Threads ›› the colonial theater ›› new reply Post Reply
liamrulz

embarrassed for y
20,661 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (17)
February 1 2011 5:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
from what little I know about it, seems to be one of the coolest things about p-ville, and yet yall never really talk about it. do you not like old movies or does it actually suck there or something? their listings come up on http://cinedelphia.com/listings/ a lot but its so far away I never know if it is worth making the trek out there. new lady friend has a car though so i was considering coming out some time. worth it or does it blow?
ass nipples
old dancing boy
39,341 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (7)
February 1 2011 5:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
it ruled like 10-12 years ago
DennisQ
who-bah-stank
24,541 Posts
33/M/NY

offline   (2)
February 1 2011 5:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I saw Eric Johnson perform there in October and it was one of the best nights of my life.

Its a really excellent place actually. They're showing "Groundhog's Day" tomorrow. I saw a really good French movie in August called "Un Prophete" or something like that.
emogeddon
TIGHTDICKPLAYA
24,550 Posts
43/M/PA

offline     (1)
February 1 2011 5:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i have yet to be there but i know that they're doing some really awesome stuff and i want to go.

i talk to one of the people that run it at the coffee shop across from it quite often.
brenoritvrezorkre
tortiteniphates
26,685 Posts
31/M/CA

offline   (3)
February 1 2011 5:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: I Am Gay

I saw Eric Johnson perform there in October and it was one of the best nights of my life.

Its a really excellent place actually. They're showing "Groundhog's Day" tomorrow. I saw a really good French movie in August called "Un Prophete" or something like that.

un prophete = a prophet

very good film indeed.
DennisQ
who-bah-stank
24,541 Posts
33/M/NY

offline   (2)
February 1 2011 5:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: rain king

Originally posted by: I Am Gay

un prophete = a prophet

very good film indeed.

Yea i remember it kicking a lot of ass.
G uNiT UgLy
g@unit.cum
3,235 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (4)
February 1 2011 5:36 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Liam ODonnell M.Div.

from what little I know about it, seems to be one of the coolest things about p-ville, and yet yall never really talk about it. do you not like old movies or does it actually suck there or something? their listings come up on http://cinedelphia.com/listings/ a lot but its so far away I never know if it is worth making the trek out there. new lady friend has a car though so i was considering coming out some time. worth it or does it blow?

lol. what use would these ignorant meatheads have for an arthouse/revival theatre? delusional much? next ask them why they never talk about opera. lmao
Pb609
Web Bitch
33,523 Posts
36/M/NJ

offline  mobile reply     (35)
February 1 2011 6:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
That place rules. I went there to see Monster Squad at Halloween and then Monty Python and The Holy Grail like a month or two later...going to see classic movies in a place like that is the best.
ass nipples
old dancing boy
39,341 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (7)
February 1 2011 6:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i use to finger blast the shit out of girls there
cole
boy spock
13,441 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (22)
February 1 2011 6:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I saw The Monster Squad there back in November. It was awesome. The bathrooms upstairs by the balcony are so neat inside. I wanted to hang out in there all night.
emogeddon
TIGHTDICKPLAYA
24,550 Posts
43/M/PA

offline     (1)
February 1 2011 6:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
they're showing the fifth element there on friday. that rules.
viva hate
nipple salad
13,012 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (23)
February 1 2011 7:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i love the colonial. i volunteered there when i was 16. I was allowed to watch movies and eat all the popcorn i wanted for free.

i love their first friday cult movies.
liamrulz
embarrassed for y
20,661 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (17)
February 1 2011 8:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
mixed review. might still try and check it out
cole
boy spock
13,441 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (22)
February 1 2011 9:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Pb609

That place rules. I went there to see Monster Squad at Halloween and then Monty Python and The Holy Grail like a month or two later...going to see classic movies in a place like that is the best.

Originally posted by: cole

I saw The Monster Squad there back in November. It was awesome. The bathrooms upstairs by the balcony are so neat inside. I wanted to hang out in there all night.

Hay we were at the same movie!
cole
boy spock
13,441 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (22)
February 1 2011 10:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I think I'm tryna see groundhog day tomorrow. showtimes 4, 6 and 8pm.
tom.
^__^
62,530 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (5)
February 1 2011 10:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
the colonial rules.
i'm pretty sure they show the old school reels still, at least that's what they did when i saw ghostbusters there last summer.

also, i'm going to check out a church service there this sunday at 11:30. journeypa.tv just opened their second campus there.
all threads All Threads ›› the colonial theater ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: the colonial theater

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?