forum Love, Sex, and Romance ›› Women in abusive relationships ›› new reply Post Reply
life/deathnopoint

Whatulookinat?
3,285 Posts
33/M/NA

offline   (4)
June 6 2010 12:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Who here has dealt with a friend(female) who is in an abusive relationship? I have this friend who is an amazing person, but her abusive/controlling boyfriend ruins her life. She's blind to this fact because he is always nice and cries to win her back. What have you done to help said person(s)? More specifically if they are in denial?
Sandy Dickhands
RAPE FACE
15,341 Posts
36/M/VA

offline   (2)
June 6 2010 12:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
there's nothing you can say or do that's going to make her get out of the relationship
life/deathnopoint
Whatulookinat?
3,285 Posts
33/M/NA

offline   (4)
June 6 2010 12:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: HEYwhiskeyHEYginger

Tell her to make dinner faster and talk less.

While this is PAHC, if this was your friend, I guarantee you'd be saying something different.
brummy
Time Husk
1,682 Posts
30/M/WV

offline     (2)
June 6 2010 12:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
im a big fan of tough love. she'll figure it out
life/deathnopoint
Whatulookinat?
3,285 Posts
33/M/NA

offline   (4)
June 6 2010 12:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I posted this in the "womens.." forum. Who moved it?
Sandy Dickhands
RAPE FACE
15,341 Posts
36/M/VA

offline   (2)
June 6 2010 12:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
don't sacrifice your own sanity, though
life/deathnopoint
Whatulookinat?
3,285 Posts
33/M/NA

offline   (4)
June 6 2010 12:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
-Emotional.
-She must tell him where she is at all times.
-She is not allowed to hang out with anyone but him, unless he gives her permission.
-This means no one hears from her until he is not around and she can get away with it.
-If he knows that she has been hanging around other males, he cries and screams at her.
life/deathnopoint
Whatulookinat?
3,285 Posts
33/M/NA

offline   (4)
June 6 2010 12:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Strickland

don't sacrifice your own sanity, though

I know.
life/deathnopoint
Whatulookinat?
3,285 Posts
33/M/NA

offline   (4)
June 6 2010 12:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
AND...

Originally posted by: life/deathnopoint

I posted this in the "womens.." forum. Who moved it?

GLB_saint
GLB_saint
467 Posts
14/M/NA

offline   (5)
June 6 2010 12:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Ye will come around eventually, if not she need intervention, realisation that she deserves better
Iron Chef Gein
Vampire bat
2,897 Posts
29/F/PA

offline   (34)
June 6 2010 12:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
She'll leave when she wants to. As sad as that is, it's true. You can't force her to leave and you can only give so much advice/support.
Some girls are just dumb. Have you ever asked her why she sticks around?
sherman
shermz
15,401 Posts
32/F/NA

offline   (7)
June 6 2010 1:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I moved it because it's not specific to women. Anybody can have an answer to your question.
baconanddrugs
I got nothing.
5,878 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (2)
June 6 2010 1:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Know a girl like this, really nice sweet chick overall but unfortunately pretty lacking in the brainpower department. She has broken up with her degenerate rapper boyfriend twice and was supposed to move in with us both times, ended up fucking us over twice and now lives with said degenerate who has no job and owes probably thousands in child support to two different mothers, Fuck humanity.
InTheButtLikeWhat
get low
12,901 Posts
34/F/CA

offline   (6)
June 6 2010 1:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: sherman

I moved it because it's not specific to women. Anybody can have an answer to your question.

women are more likely to have more insightful answers though, and maybe even personal experience. i think this issue is very female-centric.
sherman
shermz
15,401 Posts
32/F/NA

offline   (7)
June 6 2010 1:55 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: InTheButtLikeWhat

Originally posted by: sherman

women are more likely to have more insightful answers though, and maybe even personal experience. i think this issue is very female-centric.

You may be right but I'm sure it will be helpful to hear of how other guys have dealt with this type of situation.
InTheButtLikeWhat
get low
12,901 Posts
34/F/CA

offline   (6)
June 6 2010 2:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i don't think getting out of an abusive relationship has anything to do with smarts. she's blind to her own worth and thinks she needs him. this is probably because of self-esteem issues, past abuse, and him being manipulative and beating her down.
like someone else said, the best thing you can do is be supportive and try to let her know she's better than that and you will be there for her when she's ready to get out. are there children involved? do they live together?
forum Love, Sex, and Romance ›› Women in abusive relationships ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Women in abusive relationships

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?