all threads All Threads ›› captain american: the first avenger ›› new reply Post Reply
roch.the.cock

Headbutts Smuts
4,102 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (5)
May 7 2010 11:49 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
so much to my dismay they have cast steve rogers aka Captain America....

and this douche is going to be playing him

he was already johnny storm in the terrible fantastic four movies, wtf?

also the director of "the wolfman" (which was god awful btw) will also be helming Captain America....

facepalm
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
May 7 2010 11:52 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I heard Evans is already taking the role very seriously and is beefing up for it.

I'm not going to judge any movie based on casting anymore, especially comic book related movies, since Ledger and the Dark Knight. I thought he was going to be horrible casting and we see what happened.

I'll wait until atleast a trailer to make an opinion.
roch.the.cock
Headbutts Smuts
4,102 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (5)
May 7 2010 11:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
as always wren, you have a way of calming my anger towards these kind of things. haha

what do you mean beefing up? researching or literally beefing up? lifting and shit?
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
May 7 2010 11:59 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I read something, I think on Dark Horizons, that he said the normal stuff about how he was excited and it was an honor to play the role but mentioned that he felt he was too small for it. He said he planned on putting on size/muscle to atleast fit the look.

To me that says he has some sort of dedication to the role. He might do alright. I'm not going to count him out based soley on the Fantastic Four movies.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,821 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (1)
May 7 2010 12:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i agree with Wren....i thought Ledger would not make a good Joker and we know how that turned out

i'll wait and see
LastOnePicked
in all my unglory
14,470 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (4)
May 7 2010 12:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I thought he was ok in Sunshine. He doesn't seem to be a terrible actor...it's just that the Fantastic Four movies were atrocious pieces of shit.

(actually...just from seeing the trailer for The Losers...he's seems like he's bulked up a bit already)
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,821 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (1)
May 7 2010 12:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: LastOnePicked

I thought he was ok in Sunshine. He doesn't seem to be a terrible actor...it's just that the Fantastic Four movies were atrocious pieces of shit.

(actually...just from seeing the trailer for The Losers...he's seems like he's bulked up a bit already)

love that movie
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
May 7 2010 12:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Oh yeah. I forgot about Sunshine.

I thought he was pretty good in Cellular (even though that movie kind of stunk), London, and Street Kings.
LastOnePicked
in all my unglory
14,470 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (4)
May 7 2010 12:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: SpaceCowboy

Red Skull has to be the deal sealer of the movie.

WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
May 7 2010 12:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Hugo Weaving is going to be awesome in that role.
roch.the.cock
Headbutts Smuts
4,102 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (5)
May 7 2010 12:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: SpaceCowboy

DC comics to me always has the Higher Success rate when it comes to story and authenticity, however Marvel in the last 10 yrs with Spiderman, X-Men and such have really stepped it up.

They got the hint. This could be good, I don't really care who is gonna play Cap as long as they don't twist the story too much, there is no Buckey, and Red Skull has to be the deal sealer of the movie.

pretty sure bucky is going to be in it. I read that the story is supposed to be pretty true to his origin. Goes from his enlistment into the super soldier program, into ww2 and then ends with him being unfrozen by nick fury.
LastOnePicked
in all my unglory
14,470 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (4)
May 7 2010 1:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
apparently they've also picked somebody to play Arnim Zola.

but i never really read captain america...so i have not fucking idea who that is.
roch.the.cock
Headbutts Smuts
4,102 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (5)
May 7 2010 1:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

apparently they've also picked somebody to play Arnim Zola.

but i never really read captain america...so i have not fucking idea who that is.

Arnim Zola is the dude with a TV in his chest, and his face is dispalyed on the TV.

he was a scientist that worked with the NAZI's on genetic engineering and created a device that could sustain a persons brain in a computer.
roch.the.cock
Headbutts Smuts
4,102 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (5)
May 7 2010 1:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
LastOnePicked
in all my unglory
14,470 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (4)
May 7 2010 1:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
oh....well, he's gonna be played by this guy:

i don't really know him from anything. i think he was dobby in the harry potter movies or something?
roch.the.cock
Headbutts Smuts
4,102 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (5)
May 7 2010 1:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

oh....well, he's gonna be played by this guy:

i don't really know him from anything. i think he was dobby in the harry potter movies or something?

he was in "the mist" and also he played Karl Rove in "W"
all threads All Threads ›› captain american: the first avenger ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: captain american: the first avenger

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?