forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› WEC 46: Varner vs. Henderson (01/10/10) ›› new reply Post Reply
WREN

Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
January 8 2010 10:13 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Venue: ARCO Arena
Broadcast: Versus (9pm est)

MAIN CARD

Main Event: Lightweight Championship Bout
-Jamie Varner(c) vs. Benson Henderson(i)

Featherweight Bout:
-Raphael Assuncao vs. Urijah Faber

Lightweight Bout:
-Dave Jansen vs. Kamal Shalorus

Featherweight Bout:
-Mike Brown vs. Anthony Morrison

Lightweight Bout:
-Mackens Semerzier vs. Deividas Taurosevicius

PRELIMINARY CARD

Bantamweight Bout:
-Akitoshi Tamura vs. Charlie Valencia

Featherweight Bout:
-Bryan Caraway vs. Mark Hominick

Featherweight Bout:
-Wagnney Fabiano vs. Clint Godfrey

Bantamweight Bout:
-George Roop vs. Eddie Wineland

Bantamweight Bout:
-Will Campuzano vs. Coty Wheeler
lord sauron
city of champions
9,020 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (8)
January 8 2010 4:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
didnt realize mike brown was fighting already. i hope bendo beats varner. he seems like a cocky douche lately.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,144 Posts
38/M/PA

online   (18)
January 11 2010 7:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
whatta ya know. . .varner acted like a cunt after losing
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
January 11 2010 7:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I was at a friends house and was hoping the main event lasted 3 seconds because i wanted to go home and go to bed. As soon as Varner tapped, i jumped up and said "im out". I didn't see any of the post fight stuff. What happened?
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,144 Posts
38/M/PA

online   (18)
January 11 2010 8:00 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
ben was very respectful and gave props to varner and cowboy. they interviewed varner and asked him his thoughts on the fight and everyone started booing, i believe his comment was this," yeah yeah boo. . .i won all the rounds, ben was kickboxing and i was boxing. i came to fight, ben came to grapple" insert louder boo's.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
January 11 2010 8:01 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
It sucks that Cerrone will fight Henderson first because i'd love to see him and Varner fight again, just because it would probably be violent.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
January 11 2010 9:07 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
$10,000 Fight Night Bonus:
-Uriah Faber (Submission)
-Will Campuzano & Coty Wheeler (Fight)

Faber vs. Aldo is confirmed and is most likely going to be the first WEC PPV.
lord sauron
city of champions
9,020 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (8)
January 11 2010 10:34 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
fuck WEC ppv.

jamie varner is a huge cocksucker, and he wonders why no one likes him. "i was winning the fight, i got caught in a guillotine. i came to fight, he came to grapple."

he was SHOOTING FOR A FUCKING TAKEDOWN when he got caught in the guillotine. how retarded is he?
firebikesmullets
©
1,386 Posts
34/M/TX

offline   (3)
January 11 2010 12:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
you would think he would have at least tried to defend an ARM IN guillotine. he stood there and tapped as soon as ben put it on him. it looked like he gave up plain and simple. he didn't want to be in that fight any more.

his post fight comments, you guys pretty much covered it. he's a cry baby.

also, aldo vs. faber will look like penn vs. sanchez. i predict faber drops to 135 after aldo splits his butt chin apart. a WEC PPV event isn't a bad idea but they won't be able to get away with the price of a UFC event. if it's more than $25 i'll be watching it on an internet stream.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,144 Posts
38/M/PA

online   (18)
January 11 2010 12:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i cant see a ppv get much of draw regardless of price. i like their cards and they usually damn good but, for average fan the draw is the "free" part. they get to see quality talent "ufc level" for no extra charge.
lord sauron
city of champions
9,020 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (8)
January 11 2010 2:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i think aldo/faber will be more competitive than penn/sanchez, but faber will get stopped earlier. he has the speed to match aldo, and is unpredictable... that will keep him in the fight for a bit. i knew aldo was gonna merk brown, but this style match up is different.
firebikesmullets
©
1,386 Posts
34/M/TX

offline   (3)
January 12 2010 9:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
true uriah is unpredictable but he's paid the price for it before. he gives up position and brown KO'd him in their first fight because uriah tried to get cute.

it's possible he chould match aldo in speed but he doesn't have the technique and fight IQ that aldo has. the dude was born to put his fists in other peoples' eyes. i agree with you, the first round is going to be wildly competitive until aldo finds his rhythm and figures out uriah. faber will make him work for it but aldo stops him with strikes late in the 2nd.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
January 13 2010 10:11 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Styles make fights and I think Uriah is unpredictable, yet controlled enough that I can't count him out in any fight that he's involved in. Faber has the advantage over most of Aldo's opponents in that he can match his speed. Faber will be bigger and stronger in the fight as well. While we've seen that size and strength alone doesn't garauntee victory against Aldo (ask Mike Brown) the combination of being bigger, stronger, and just as fast will play a part. We also know that Faber can go hard for all 5 rounds. We haven't seen what Aldo's conditioning is like really outside of the 2nd round. The one time in his WEC career that he's brought to the 3rd round, he ended it early and it was not against someone who is going to push the pace like Faber will.

I really would hate to be forced to bet on this fight. It will be interesting to see how Aldo handles the later rounds because I really think this fight is going to get dragged into the championship rounds. I'm curious to see of Aldo can still burst like he does after fighting the normal 15 minutes that he's used to be ready for.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› WEC 46: Varner vs. Henderson (01/10/10) ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: WEC 46: Varner vs. Henderson (01/10/10)

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?