forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› the bench press app. ›› new reply Post Reply
Kevlar Moneyclips

Time Husk
3,022 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (4)
December 21 2009 12:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I really think this is a fantastic exercise. For one thing it works two muscles at once, which is twice as many as the usual one muscle most exercises work. Furthermore it has fantastic carryover to most sports and many real world type situations where you need to lay on your back and extend your elbows behind your back and press. It has a lot of health benefits too, its fantastic for bullet proofing your rotator cuffs. If more people would bench press more frequently i think we would see way fewer torn pecs also, which I think I see more frequently in weight lifters than all other training related injurys combined.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,883 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
December 21 2009 12:55 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i have increased by bench a lot lately. my right arm was way weaker than my right arm due to some nerve problems from diving off a dumpster onto concrete but last week i got 225 up 2x. by summer i'd like to be doing 250.
ass nipples
old dancing boy
39,398 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (7)
December 21 2009 1:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Brickhouse, the man with 2 right arms.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,785 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
December 21 2009 1:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I sense some sarcasm here
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (4)
December 29 2009 5:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
the best routine for chest would be to do three to five sets each of flat bench, incline, decline and dumbbell flys at least once, but preferably three times a week. make sure to only do no more than three sets of either squats OR deadlifts once a week, those larger muscles burn out very easily. If you want a strength balance you should probably be benching about 120% of your deadlift.
the cat
numetal/juggalo
7,487 Posts
36/M/DC

offline   (5)
December 30 2009 10:48 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
^agreed. This young man needs to step up his game on his chest workout. Can you spot his frustration? My my, that's one unhappy 'negger.

Seeinsparklesyet?!
I.P.F.K
1,989 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (25)
December 30 2009 10:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: BroadStreetBully

Brickhouse, the man with 2 right arms.

i caught that too.
TP
a quarter chord
1,135 Posts
36/M/CA

offline   (2)
December 30 2009 12:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cbrickhouse

i have increased by bench a lot lately. my right arm was way weaker than my right arm due to some nerve problems from diving off a dumpster onto concrete but last week i got 225 up 2x. by summer i'd like to be doing 250.

Do you use dumbbells? It will even out the strength in both right arms a little better, since one arm can not be helped by the other. I just about always prefer them to bars.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,883 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
December 30 2009 12:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i do regular bench and dumbells for my incline.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
December 30 2009 1:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
two right arms
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (4)
January 2 2010 8:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i'd like to give second place to the woodchopper, third to cable crossovers, and an honorable mention to one arm cable concentration curls, the leg press, leg extensions, and a special thanks to the guys who brought us the smith machine- keeping us safe from the bar dropping too hard on us and asking only the sacrifice of our joints
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› the bench press app. ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: the bench press app.

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?