forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Goals? ›› new reply Post Reply
lord sauron
city of champions
9,020 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (8)
December 10 2009 11:24 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
continue to improve my muay thai and possibly take a fight.

increase flexibility - having trouble with head kicks.. especially switch head kicks.

tone up even more - i lost 30 lbs this year... just need to shed the remaining amount of fat on my stomach, so i can let the six pack out.

continue to eat a good diet.
yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
42/M/NJ

offline   (5)
December 10 2009 11:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: pahulkster

A system of gyms and working out where people don't do anything original but claim to be the founders of a new fitness revolution. Also weightlifting for yuppies that would normally call anyone who does deadlifts a meathead. Also people using terrible form for a lot of exercises but justifying it. That being said this girl probably has a nice ass.

]

my brother is an instructor and this sounds like the exact opposite of him. he's constantly searching out old training guides from catchwrestling, circus strongmen, etc. and is pretty much the strongest dude pound for pound I know (beyond pudge he'd likely be stronger than everyone here while being on average 30 pounds lighter).
Seeinsparklesyet?!
I.P.F.K
1,989 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (25)
December 10 2009 12:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
to stay in shape as much as i can during this pregnancy so i can lose the baby weight fast once its over.
Broken Skull
Im back.
2,099 Posts
43/M/VA

offline   (1)
December 10 2009 12:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Earlier this week it was to continue Muay Thai classes and move up. Take an inch from my waist and add it to my chest. Get myself back into 4-5 mile run shape. Get my cardio level high enough to where I can last the longest on a scott pack out of anyone on my shift.

This week it has turned into fix me knee and be able to walk normal again.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,741 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
December 10 2009 12:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: yantastic

Originally posted by: pahulkster

A system of gyms and working out where people don't do anything original but claim to be the founders of a new fitness revolution. Also weightlifting for yuppies that would normally call anyone who does deadlifts a meathead. Also people using terrible form for a lot of exercises but justifying it. That being said this girl probably has a nice ass.

]

my brother is an instructor and this sounds like the exact opposite of him. he's constantly searching out old training guides from catchwrestling, circus strongmen, etc. and is pretty much the strongest dude pound for pound I know (beyond pudge he'd likely be stronger than everyone here while being on average 30 pounds lighter).

Well, like anything there are good sides and bad sides. Crossfit as a whole does some things that are good, but tends to do them in a bad way. A lot of the times what they do can be good, but the way they want to Crossfit it up and brand everything as their own is BS. The amount of controversy with them on the lifting forums I post on is ridiculous, but that has a lot to do with their business practices. The costs, the certification process, and all of that isn't something I'm a fan of. Looking up an old training method, renaming it, and then charging $150 a month to teach it is lame. I guess you can't fault someone for making money if people are willing to pay it, but it's not something I'm going to do.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
December 10 2009 1:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
The certification process is the biggest reason I can't 100% back Crossfit as a whole. I've heard that in a weekend you can get certified in a specific catagory, like say Kettlebells. Alot of the times they have a certain test, normally a specific workout, that the potential instructors have to pass. But instead they end up essentially passing everyone. Plus just because you are fit enough to do complete some set up physical activity doesn't mean you are qualified to instruct someone else. I think a written test needs to be done as well and the classes should be entirely longer than a weekend. (i know not all are just weekenders).

I don't post in lifting forums but i've read alot of articles that tell people to stay away from Crossfit. They are big on circuits and pushing the body to its absolute breaking point with every single exercise. It doesn't take a genius to know that you already need to be in a certain shape in order to have your body perform like that. The problem with Crossfit is, alot of instructors thrust people who probably haven't lifted more than the remote in the last few years, right into the thick of things. I'm not some supreme physical specimen but i know that the average couch potato isn't going to be able to handle a 1/4 of what i can do. It's this type of practice that is dangerous.

Now on the flipside i have heard some great articles on the program and have participated in some of their workouts myself. They can be awesome and really be good for you if you are already in shape and preparing for something specific. I used them to help me with my conditioning for a fight. I don't know if it was the absolute solution but i feel that they helped alot. I've also worked out with instructors that fully know that everyone is not equal and don't force everyone to do the exact same workout (weight/reps) and modify for the individual for their needs and abilities.
deadlift
sees air
15,543 Posts
66/M/NA

offline   (18)
December 10 2009 1:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
get my bench up to 250 from current 225.

put on 10-15 more lbs of lean muscle
brian.
new cocks
146,076 Posts
35/M/IL

offline   (9)
December 13 2009 6:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: danielle

lose a few more pounds, get toned, and do a century (100 miles) on my bike (at one time)

i want to do a century on a track bike
manbearpig
analrapist
2,386 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (2)
December 13 2009 7:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i wanna get back down to like 180
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Goals? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Goals?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login: