forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Stikeforce: Evolution (12/19/09) ›› new reply Post Reply
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,742 Posts
36/M/PA

online   (1)
December 22 2009 2:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Haha I saw that, and apparently he isn't even sponsored by Rockstar. He did spray one of the CSAC guys pretty good.
Dan Conner
Life Isn't Posi
2,998 Posts
31/M/CA

offline   (4)
December 22 2009 2:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
It's funny as hell, but still a ridiculous reason to fine someone 10% of their winnings.
Dan Conner
Life Isn't Posi
2,998 Posts
31/M/CA

offline   (4)
December 22 2009 2:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I could understand a little more if he sprayed Budweiser all over the cage when the event was sponsored by Coors or some shit like that, but Rockstar (when Rockstar was one of the main sponsors)? Come on.
lord sauron
city of champions
9,020 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (8)
December 22 2009 4:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
how did lesnar not get fined after UFC 100, but MO did?
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,146 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (18)
December 22 2009 9:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Officer Jon Baker

I could understand a little more if he sprayed Budweiser all over the cage when the event was sponsored by Coors or some shit like that, but Rockstar (when Rockstar was one of the main sponsors)? Come on.

he made the mat all sticky, i think that was the big issue, there were still fights after his. . .
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,146 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (18)
December 22 2009 9:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: lord sauron

how did lesnar not get fined after UFC 100, but MO did?

cause it would be zuffa fining him not the athletic commision like in mo's case.
Dan Conner
Life Isn't Posi
2,998 Posts
31/M/CA

offline   (4)
December 22 2009 11:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: FireBeerMidgets

he made the mat all sticky, i think that was the big issue, there were still fights after his. . .

Well in that case I've seen a couple WEC cards that could have used Mo's services. Maybe the athletic commissions should take note and apply this technique in the future.
Crack Pie
I brought gifts
17,815 Posts
34/M/MD

offline     (10)
December 22 2009 11:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
regardless it was a stupid thing to do....the fine is ridiculous, but come on....thats dumb....if we want mma to be accepted as a mainstream sport than one of the stupid things that come along with it are the ridiculous fines...desean jackson just got fined 10,000 dollars for not wearing the right colored spikes.....this is the shit that happens

i dont agree with it, but it is part of the territory
firebikesmullets
©
1,386 Posts
34/M/TX

offline   (3)
December 23 2009 12:08 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

very true. any type of sport where you're in close contact with another human being(especially any type of grappling) you still run the risk of skin infections even when the mats, your shorts, rashguard, or gi are clean.

i can imagine how filthy those canvas/mats are during an event. you have all of the under card guys in there sweating, spitting, bleeding all over it, plus their corner men, the refs, athletic commission dudes, camera men, doctors, and announcers running all over it with their dirty ass shoes on. adding a sugary energy drink to that mix of bacteria and grime and you have quite the recipe for infection.

in my opinion it's a big safety issue and he put others at risk.
lord sauron
city of champions
9,020 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (8)
December 23 2009 12:54 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: firebikesmullets

very true. any type of sport where you're in close contact with another human being(especially any type of grappling) you still run the risk of skin infections even when the mats, your shorts, rashguard, or gi are clean.

i can imagine how filthy those canvas/mats are during an event. you have all of the under card guys in there sweating, spitting, bleeding all over it, plus their corner men, the refs, athletic commission dudes, camera men, doctors, and announcers running all over it with their dirty ass shoes on. adding a sugary energy drink to that mix of bacteria and grime and you have quite the recipe for infection.

in my opinion it's a big safety issue and he put others at risk.

this post just gave me the creeps.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,742 Posts
36/M/PA

online   (1)
December 23 2009 10:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I get a somewhat sketched out by dirty mats too. I always clean/disinfect the mat that we use to roll, so hopefully that stays ok. I had a weird neck rash for a few days once from doing bag slams with a punching bag I didn't wipe down. Luckily that cleared up by putting rubbing alcohol on it a few times a day.
firebikesmullets
©
1,386 Posts
34/M/TX

offline   (3)
December 24 2009 2:16 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
it freaks me out. i'm probably the cleanest guy at the club i go to and i got impetigo AND ringworm in the course of a month. but then again, my immune system was compromised somehow because i missed training due to strept throat and the flu in the weeks following my skin issues.

you can never tell who is carrying mat cooties. just because they don't have an infection doesn't mean it's not being spread. i started using Kensheild and Defense soap after all of that bullshit and have had no problems ever since.

but yeah, king mo fucked up, that fine was well deserved.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
December 24 2009 7:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Ringworm is worst. It itches and depending on where you get it, you can look like a mutant.

We had a guy get it directly in the middle of his forehead. It looked like a bullseye.
Dan Conner
Life Isn't Posi
2,998 Posts
31/M/CA

offline   (4)
December 24 2009 3:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I had ringworm on the back of my head. It left a permanent scar where hair will not grown.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Stikeforce: Evolution (12/19/09) ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Stikeforce: Evolution (12/19/09)

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?