forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› UFC: Fight Night 20 (01/11/10) ›› new reply Post Reply
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
January 11 2010 12:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I hope he comes out as Emmanuel Yarborough for his next fight.
lord sauron
city of champions
9,020 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (8)
January 11 2010 2:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
rogan looks creepy and old in that picture.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,144 Posts
38/M/PA

online   (18)
January 11 2010 2:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
looks like hes trying to breath in maynard like smoke
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
January 11 2010 2:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: FireBeerMidgets

looks like hes trying to breath in maynard like smoke

That's Tom Lawlor, not Gray Maynard.

I guess when he said he was at the salon the other day, this is what he was talking about.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,144 Posts
38/M/PA

online   (18)
January 12 2010 8:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
amir sadollah no jokes!!!!
missed most of maynard/diaz but from joe and mikes commentary of what i saw youd think maynard was the hulk on pcp with the hands of james toney
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
January 12 2010 8:34 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
The main event was very lackluster. Maynard was so intent on KO'ing Diaz that he abandoned his dominent wrestling game. He didn't even threat with the idea of a takedown. Diaz did enough of his pawing and pitter patter strikes to keep Maynard from really landing anything super significant. I would say Diaz landed more shots but my 3 year old niece probably throws harder punches than what Diaz was landing with. Maynard seemed to have landed more shots that count and also stuffed anything that Diaz tried to do in taking the fight to the ground.

Maynard barely squeaked out a decision. They should have given the fight a draw just because neither deserved the win really.

Couture brought up an interesting point about letting fighters get into your head. He said if Nate Diaz was able to talk some shit and cause Maynard to throw his gameplan out the window, BJ is going to blow through him in a round because BJ is a "pretty good shit-talker himself".

Frankie Edgar gets my vote for the next crack at BJ. Although Maynard beat him, Edgar has 6 wins over way better competition (Griffin, Sherk, Fisher, Franca, Bocek, and Veach)
kilgoretrout
Time Husk
2,832 Posts
30/M/WV

offline     (3)
January 12 2010 8:55 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
amir was awesome last night. the main event was definitely a snoozer, and both guys were trying to be hardasses by letting their hands hang, but neither could put the other away.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
January 12 2010 8:58 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Amir needs to learn how to finish a fight standing. His background is Muay Thai and he just got done spending alot of time in Holland, a country full of killers when it comes to Muay Thai, and he resorted to a takedown when he had Blackburn hurt. Didn't make any sense. He should have backed off and tried to take away Blackburns ability to stand up.
kilgoretrout
Time Husk
2,832 Posts
30/M/WV

offline     (3)
January 12 2010 9:01 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i guess it was just good to see him win after all of his bad luck. seems like a really nice guy with really bad luck.
lord sauron
city of champions
9,020 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (8)
January 12 2010 10:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
amir is just inexperienced in the big leagues. he was out and injured for so long. dude is the man, though.

gray maynard is crap. crap as far as him being the supposed number 4-5 ranked LW in the world. i could name 7-8 LW's who i think would clown him. he was not impressive at all last night.
Dan Conner
Life Isn't Posi
2,998 Posts
31/M/CA

offline   (4)
January 12 2010 5:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Anyone else think Lawlor may have been robbed? Yeah, Simpson had him on the ground the majority of the 3rd (doing no damage), but Lawlor had him out on his feet for most of the first. I had Lawlor with a 10-8 round in the first, the second was close, and the third I had 10-9 for Simpson. Lawlor should have either won, or it should have been a draw.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,144 Posts
38/M/PA

online   (18)
January 12 2010 7:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dan Conner

Anyone else think Lawlor may have been robbed? Yeah, Simpson had him on the ground the majority of the 3rd (doing no damage), but Lawlor had him out on his feet for most of the first. I had Lawlor with a 10-8 round in the first, the second was close, and the third I had 10-9 for Simpson. Lawlor should have either won, or it should have been a draw.

i had the first 10-8 lawlor.
the second and third 10-9 simpson.
drawy draw
lord sauron
city of champions
9,020 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (8)
January 13 2010 9:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah, that fight was a total draw. sucks they rarely give those out... and seriously, if that's not a 10-8 round, what is? are you seriously gonna say simpson was as good in the second as lawlor was in the first? yet they were both 10-9's.... MMA scoring is so fucked.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
January 13 2010 9:45 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I think Lawlor won. He hands down won the first round and i think he won the majority of the 2nd round as well and should have been given that as well. The third round he definitely lost.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› UFC: Fight Night 20 (01/11/10) ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: UFC: Fight Night 20 (01/11/10)

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?