forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Crocrop retires ›› new reply Post Reply
WREN

Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
September 24 2009 9:53 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
MIRKO FILIPOVIC has decided to hang up his gloves following his UFC 103 defeat to Junior Dos Santos.

The mixed martial arts legend — once regarded as the most feared striker on the planet — called time on his career after admitting he no longer has the desire to continue fighting.

Nokaut also confirms this:

Nokaut.com was able to exclusively confirm the news earlier today.

Said Cro Cop; "I have no motivation left and it's time to leave. Thank you all for supporting me."

One of the most severly struck by the news, is Zvonimir Lucic, Mirko's manager and most reliable cornerstone throughout Cro Cop's numerous battles. Following his last conversation with Mirko, Mr. Lucic was instructed to release all Team Cro Cop members from their respective duties.

Bummer but it's good he decided to do it now before dragging it out and hurting his legend. Best highlight reel of any fighter.
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,573 Posts
33/M/NA

offline   (13)
September 24 2009 9:54 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
cornrow cop?
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
September 24 2009 9:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
him too.
lord sauron
city of champions
9,020 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (8)
September 24 2009 11:46 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
well, im glad he didnt turn into ken shamrock. would've been nice to see him out on a win. he should fight big nog and retire. i think he would win the rematch.
asking_for_it
Dave B. #2
4,663 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (15)
September 24 2009 10:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
it's a shame. i enjoyed his fights.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
October 12 2009 8:02 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
so now it comes out that he's not done.

here's the quote on all the MMA pages

"I was very, very disturbed after the loss to Dos Santos. I was in such a state that I wished to hang myself in my hotel room so I would be gone. Three losses in my last seven fights is nothing but a disaster to me. That's a terrible score and I'm not happy about it. I already know some things that I did wrong both in the fight and in the preparation for the fight, but there are many questions that remain to be answered. I am seriously thinking about hiring a psychiatrist to help me out. I have already made some calls about it . I will make some changes in my training, because I wish to fight twice more in the UFC. I am a fighter, and I will find the motivation and strength I need . If someone offered me millions of dollars to quit my career right now I would not accept it. [Fighting] is my life and I don't know any other way to live."
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,743 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
October 12 2009 2:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Haha I saw that. I don't think he ever psychologically got over that KO from Gonzaga. He either needs to get his head right and get with a good camp, or hang up the gloves and head back to Croatia.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
October 14 2009 8:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I don't think his mind was right after he won the GP. If you watch his fight with Sanchez he still looked like he lost that killer instinct. It just wasn't as prevalent in that fight because Sanchez was so scared. I think it was a case that he accepted that as the highest point of his career and he could do no better. That was his major title that he finally won.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Crocrop retires ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Crocrop retires

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?