forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Worst part about public gyms ›› new reply Post Reply
WREN

Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
September 16 2009 10:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Smelly people.

I had some new guy basically follow me from machine to machine. He'd always ask to work in with me. At first i let him, then i caught a wiff. Terrible. Like the man doesn't know how to shower. After the first exercise i started to ignore him. I actually had to change my routine up last night because i didn't want to touch anything after him. I must have washed my hands 10 times last night.

Worst.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,883 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
September 16 2009 10:44 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
barely ever do i smell stinky people at the gym, but sometimes you will get blow away by funk
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
September 16 2009 10:47 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
This man was completely disgusting though. I'm all for him coming to a gym and trying to get himself in better health but please start by showering. It wasn't too long ago that i cut my workout short and didn't do my cardio because i thought i didn't wipe myself right or something. Turns out that i used a bench that a stinky motherfucker used right before me and their funk smell clung to my shirt. I was near embarrassed because i thought it was me.
-T
WastedPotential
6,659 Posts
38/M/VA

offline   (19)
September 16 2009 11:09 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I thought this would be the worst....

A gunman who killed three women by firing more than 50 shots at a dance class in Pittsburgh last night apparently left a rambling online diary in which he set out his plan for the deadly assault.

An official close to the county coroner's office says the killer was George Sodini, 48, who lived in Carnegie, just a few miles from the health club where 12 women were shot during a burst of gunfire from at least two weapons. After shooting at his victims, he turned the gun on himself.

Over the course of a nine-month diary, Sodini appears to have built up to the attack and explained how he was driven deep into depression by his lack of success with women, strained relations with his family and unstable employment status.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
September 16 2009 11:12 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
facepalm.jpg
-T
WastedPotential
6,659 Posts
38/M/VA

offline   (19)
September 16 2009 11:19 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
39,027 Posts
62/M/NA

offline   (23)
September 16 2009 12:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
like I said before, I live in the middle of amish hell. Ive worked out next to guys with crocs on, women with uggs on, and full blown amish with the long dresses and shit. nothing surprises me anymore. One thing I cant stand is the dudes who get on a machine and do 3 reps and then spend 5 minutes pacing up and down the isle swinging their arms around and stretching their necks like they are competition lifting. the fact that its planet fitness, and these dudes have mullets and are working out in jorts with white generic high tops should tell you how ridiculous they look. another time this little asian asshole was hanging around the dumbell section, the little guy was built but the way he was acting you would have thought he was lou ferrigno. he kept talking to his buddy all loud, laughing obnoxiously and creep-staring at every chick that walked by. thing is that he barely lifted AT ALL. he just hung around the dumbells all night pacing around, talking loud and being a little dick. was there for 2 hours and watched it the entire time. He never came back and Im glad because I def would have said something at some point if he was a regular.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
September 16 2009 1:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
There is this black guy that always comes in with either a Tapout shirt or a ECW Triple Threat shirt. He fucking talks to everyone in the gym but barely works out. He has to spend atleast 3 hours there and does about 30 minutes worth of actual exercising. In the year, atleast it has to be that long, that i've noticed him at the gym, he's made little to no progress in terms of physique or gains. Come to think of it, he's always doing the same exact routine. Could be 4 days in a row and it's all bench, preachers, and upright rows on the smith machine.
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
39,027 Posts
62/M/NA

offline   (23)
September 16 2009 2:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
There are a few guys that go to my gym like that. I get a kick out of the guys who do a set and then sit for ten minutes just looking around, like they are on a damn recliner in between sets.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,785 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
September 16 2009 3:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I think a lot of stank issues can be attributed to Under Armour. If you don't wash that right away you're just fucked.
asking_for_it
Dave B. #2
4,663 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (15)
September 17 2009 12:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:pahulkster

I think a lot of stank issues can be attributed to Under Armour. If you don't wash that right away you're just fucked.

definitely. shit basically grows mold and mildew inside of it if you don't wash it as soon as you're done training. about a year ago when i was working out at powerhouse this one guy came in who was an aspiring boxer, but was broke as shit, lived in someone's garage, and only had like two outfits to workout in. he trained two-a-day style so between training sessions he'd let his clothes dry out in the sun on a clothesline so he could wear them again at night. dude was jacked and he knew his shit, but he stunk like cheesy vag.

the cat
numetal/juggalo
7,487 Posts
36/M/DC

offline   (5)
September 18 2009 9:02 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Hey bro, what are you doin today, bench or bicepts?

Doomsday_73
Last Man Standing
22,233 Posts
46/M/CA

offline   (21)
October 16 2009 4:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
There is this one guy that was a regular at the 24 hour fitness I used to go to. He is a black dude that wears sunglasses the whole time he works out. He does stretches for like 30 minutes. For some reason he uses random pieces of equipment to do these stretches even though that's not what they are made for. He wears spandex pants and blatantly rubs his junk sweat (he rubs his balls on all of the equipment) on everything. When you are right in the middle of an exercise he will move to a position right near you and begin to do more stretches. Most of the time with ass/balls right in your face. He doesn't carry a towel. This guy.

the cat
numetal/juggalo
7,487 Posts
36/M/DC

offline   (5)
October 28 2009 8:24 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
^lulz, that sucks dude.

I lift in Bethesda MD, which as far as I'm concerned is pretty thick with yuppies. Everyone has these personal trainers that make everyone do these pipe dream workouts. Anyway, these housewives doing yoga in the middle of the aisles in the gym and putting out this whole elitist vibe is really rough, especially when you can't go around them. I've resorted to chemical warfare to solve the problem. 12 ounces of egg whites a couple hours before the gym is all you need. They drew first blood, not me.
Barabbas
The Trouble Maker
10,450 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (10)
October 28 2009 9:08 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i like to leave empty liquor bottles around the gym to create a buzz about who might be drinking while they're working out.
sherman
shermz
15,401 Posts
33/F/NA

offline   (7)
October 28 2009 10:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
This is exactly why i started working out at home. People at gyms are ridiculous.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Worst part about public gyms ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Worst part about public gyms

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?