forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› deadlift grip question ›› new reply Post Reply
Hallowedbthyname
tekubiforiundo
6,718 Posts
31/M/PA

offline     (2)
September 15 2009 9:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Barabbas

Suggesting something is "adequate" shouldn't be in a body builders vocabulary. It's the precursor to flat out giving up. You need to work on your grip. Concentrate on strengthening your thumbs. More often than not that's the problem area in relation to grip. Buy a pinch block, keep it by your bed. You can do that exercise while sitting or lying down.

I guess Ronnie should work on his grip too...
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,741 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
September 15 2009 9:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Ronnie is the king but him using straps, gloves, and chalk has always been so funny to me. I'm sure he could grip it with just chalk no problem though.
Hallowedbthyname
tekubiforiundo
6,718 Posts
31/M/PA

offline     (2)
September 16 2009 6:57 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm sure he could too, but when you're training with that heavy weight it's too easy to rip off your callus'/ palm skin...and that's not something a mr. olypmia contender/cop would risk.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,741 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
September 16 2009 3:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
A torn off Ronnie Coleman callus is more rare and valuable than the horn of a unicorn, a lock of Elvis Presley's hair, and a krayt dragon pearl put together. Gregg Valentino injected a small piece of a Ronnie callus into his biceps.
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (4)
September 21 2009 12:43 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
if you're working your grip while you're working your deadlift you're cheating your deadlift. Do static holds or do a couple sets of deadlifts with palms facing thighs after you're done deadlifting if you're worried about your grip getting stronger in that particular area.
Barabbas
The Trouble Maker
10,450 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (10)
September 21 2009 9:01 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I still don't identify with grip problems.
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (4)
September 22 2009 11:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i was at walmart today and i wanted to check my blood pressure on the machine they have. it said it wouldn't work on anyone with "extremely large" arms. i couldn't even get the meat of my forearm into the cuff. forearm tips are 50 dollars, paypalable to me
Pb609
Web Bitch
33,523 Posts
36/M/NJ

offline     (35)
October 17 2009 2:28 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WREN

I'd say my grip is fine. It's the overall feel of the lift. I just feel better with the over/under grip.

thats the grip i always use. left hand facing out, right hand in. I dont use any support my first 3 sets, then depending on how im feeling, ill put on straps for the last set.

Ive been doing the same exact grip for the entire time Ive done deadlifts and I notice no difference at all when it comes to stamina, strength or ability in either arm.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› deadlift grip question ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: deadlift grip question

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?