forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› hodroxycut hardcore ›› new reply Post Reply
Marc McFly

www.thekilling.com
2,706 Posts
36/M/NJ

offline   (14)
May 8 2009 11:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
any of you take this? if so what were your thoughts on it.

Ive been on and off it for the past couple years. I notice results sometimes, more so when i stay strict to my diet.
ihavent been taking it recently thought because im broke
nobodygotstylelikeus
Time Husk
8,368 Posts
F/NA

offline   (1)
May 8 2009 11:33 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
hydroxycut is being recalled, wasn't it considered a cause of death the other week? Causes significant liver damage or something like that.
nobodygotstylelikeus
Time Husk
8,368 Posts
F/NA

offline   (1)
May 8 2009 11:34 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Sarcastic Existence
SICK GUY
16,066 Posts
32/M/PA

offline   (6)
May 8 2009 11:35 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Yea, I heard that too.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
May 8 2009 11:35 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i had some minor results on hydroxycut but now that i hear all the terrible side effects, i wouldn't fuck with any of it again. I'm not the biggest fan of fat burners. I've taken them very here and there and have had results but it was mostly to give my weight cut a boost. Most of the progress was done while not on them.
Bonsai
lol
5,293 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (10)
May 8 2009 12:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
After all the crap in the news the past couple weeks, I definitely wouldn't touch Hydroxycut. MuscleTech ftl.

I've tried samples of a couple different fat burners recently, and there are really none that I would use. Pretty much all of them give me ridiculous headaches. There are a few I've heard good things about, but I just don't think they're for me.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,785 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
May 8 2009 3:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Only fat burner that I would recommend is Mitotropin by Gaspari. There are a few other supplements that seem to be decent, but I don't have any personal experience with them. I think later today I'm going to get some CLA and L-Carnitine to take before my workouts since I'm doing cardio after my lifting more consistently now. Both of those help the body use fat stores for energy.
yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
43/M/NJ

offline   (5)
May 9 2009 2:58 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
This is a shortcut, and if you are concerned with shortcuts, you are a pussy.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,785 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
May 9 2009 10:48 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Working out and eating right are shortcuts so.....
yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
43/M/NJ

offline   (5)
May 9 2009 12:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:pahulkster

No, that's what you are SUPPOSED to do. Baseline is no shortcut.
Marc McFly
www.thekilling.com
2,706 Posts
36/M/NJ

offline   (14)
May 9 2009 1:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: yantastic

i used it in conjunction with a hefty excersize and diet program. mainly because my metabolism sucks balls....

i def didnt know about the recent developments on hydroxycut, thanks for the heads up...

pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,785 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
May 9 2009 1:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:yantastic

Machines will build muscle, but free weights will do it better. Are free weights a shortcut? Supplement is the key word, they don't work on their own. I agree that people who don't do anything then take Hydroxycut are looking for a lazy shortcut, but really everyone wants a shortcut to their goals in some way.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,785 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
May 9 2009 1:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I don't know what they hell they would put in there that would cause liver failure though. The people must have been drinking, or had something else going on. The liver can usually handle a lot.
Bonsai
lol
5,293 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (10)
May 9 2009 8:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I just get a kick out of reading the warning labels on random supplements. Most seem to be some form of the generic "Do not use or consult your physician prior to use if you have any existing medical conditions." But then you have great shit like "Do not use if you have genital herpes." lolwut? I mean, I understand the reasoning and all, but it's still strange as hell to read on a bottle. And I don't remember which supplement it was specifically, but there was a test booster that had "For men only, not intended for use by women" as the first line on the label, and then the last line read, "Do not use if pregnant or lactating." Winnar.
baconanddrugs
I got nothing.
5,878 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (2)
May 9 2009 10:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I took it once for about a week, it didn't seem to do anything other than give me the most terrifying nightmares I ever had in my life.
bLacK0psmaFiA
Garblar the extrem
257 Posts
33/M/CA

offline   (2)
May 9 2009 11:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: pahulkster

I don't know what they hell they would put in there that would cause liver failure though. The people must have been drinking, or had something else going on. The liver can usually handle a lot.

he's saying it's a shortcut because it's not natural to the process. lifting weights and diet are processes you take to getting in shape and hydroxycut or whatever is used to enhance that process unnaturally by increasing metabolism or whatnot. also to the liver statement -- you can't automatically think drinking is the issue here. many drugs sold by pharmaceutical companies have side/adverse effects that can damage the liver, that is why they say "be careful if you've had liver impairment/failure/whatever and consult your doctor". Many people probably buy it and don't consult their doctor and put themselves in harm's way because they ignore the fact that ALL DRUGS can have a severe effect on your health.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› hodroxycut hardcore ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: hodroxycut hardcore

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?