forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› working out 2x a day ›› new reply Post Reply
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,883 Posts
40/M/PA

online     (23)
May 1 2009 2:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i've been doing less cardio lately due to bad knees. i am pretty sure i've packed on around five pounds of muscle
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,785 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
May 1 2009 2:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Hmm bad knees might kill the squatting in a powerlifting routine. What do you do for legs now?
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,883 Posts
40/M/PA

online     (23)
May 1 2009 2:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i cant really do anything for legs. every time i go down to do a squat my knee gets stuck and starts popping
brian.
new cocks
146,088 Posts
35/M/IL

offline   (9)
May 1 2009 2:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
my knees pop constantly, but its still all about squatting ass to the ground.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,883 Posts
40/M/PA

online     (23)
May 1 2009 2:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah but when i got all the way down i get stuck. cannot come back up
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,785 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
May 1 2009 2:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Can you do hamstring work? That might even help your knee issues. Glute-ham raises are best, but most gyms don't have the equipment. You can do the ghetto Russian leg curl version, but they are hard as FUCK and usually anyone over 180 can't do them. Machine leg curls can be good too. I prefer the seated version because I can get a better contraction.

ITB tightness will also cause a lot of knee issues. Foam roller will help with this.

I would do an add 50 bench program, and cardio after the workouts. Cycling training styles is bread and butter for pretty much everything. Change gears and muscle up for a little bit.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,883 Posts
40/M/PA

online     (23)
May 1 2009 2:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
im going to hold off until my knee feels totally better to do anything. i don't want to aggravate this shit. it's been getting better every week after i tore it up at a show.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,785 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
May 1 2009 2:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
You can still hit the upper body a lot. Heavy back work solves everything.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,883 Posts
40/M/PA

online     (23)
May 1 2009 2:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i've been doing this routine where i do my normal weights that i've been doing, go for a 10 minute walk around the indoor track, then come back and do another 20 minutes of weights. usually i would just do 40min weights then do cardio, but now i'm doing 40 weights 10 walk 20 weights 15 cardio.

i do a pretty fast routine so i tend o get burnt out more quickly. by taking a ten minute break it gives me the rest i need to push myself to do more
hah
Skate ZY.
88 Posts
30/F/MA

offline   (1)
May 1 2009 2:55 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Yet again, I'm posting before I read replies.

But my daily routine is cigarettes to work out my lungs, television to work out my brain, and video games to work out my bicepts and fap muscles.

On a less sarcastic level,
I go running in 20 minute intervals about three times a day. I eat after the run.
This helps with increasing your metabolism while also keeping your body fit throughout the day.
50 crunches normally, 25 each side, then 20 with legs up, and 50 more regular.
I don't do pushups.
Girls only need forearm muscles.
So I masturbate to take care of those.
TP
a quarter chord
1,135 Posts
36/M/CA

offline   (2)
May 2 2009 7:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Cardio is really the best bet for losing weight. Work out longer and do more reps at lighter weights. You'll still be building a lean muscle to help burn even calories.
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (4)
May 4 2009 1:14 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
you've about hit it then, if you've switched shit up every possible way you can think of and nothing is happening, the only thing that could be holding you back is that you're not doing enough work. three twice a day workouts are probably better than six once a day workouts. watch that you don't burn out, don't hesitate to take an easy week every third week or however often you feel like it. but cardio in the morning and lifting in the evening shouldn't be shit if you're in decent shape
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,883 Posts
40/M/PA

online     (23)
May 4 2009 8:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Kevlar Moneyclips

you've about hit it then, if you've switched shit up every possible way you can think of and nothing is happening, the only thing that could be holding you back is that you're not doing enough work. three twice a day workouts are probably better than six once a day workouts. watch that you don't burn out, don't hesitate to take an easy week every third week or however often you feel like it. but cardio in the morning and lifting in the evening shouldn't be shit if you're in decent shape

i could do cardio all day. been at this shit for almost 2 years so i can run a mile and a half then immediately do 30min on an arc trainer. i think breaking it into two parts will help keep my heart rate raised for more of the day ajnd therefore end up pushing me over the edge. it's not like i have much further to go... i'd say 20lbs of fat and i'd have a six pack or close to it.

eating more over the past few weeks has actually caused me to gain muscle, around 3 inches on my chest, an inch around arms
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› working out 2x a day ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: working out 2x a day

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?