forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› working out 2x a day ›› new reply Post Reply
cbrickhouse

vanilla gorilla
213,860 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
April 29 2009 2:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
anyone have success with this? ive been stuck at this plateau forever so im trying to ramp my shit up. there's a y right near my work so i think 3x a week i'll go there and do 30min cardio then hit the gym again at night 5x a week like i have been.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
April 29 2009 2:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i do "two-a-days" when during my 8 weeks out from a fight. It's usually cardio early and lifting later or if its a night of mma training then its lifting early and MMA training at night.

you'll feel burned out a little the first few times you do it and then you'll feel great for awhile and then burn out again after that...when you get to the 2nd burning out...give your body a rest because you just peaked.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,860 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
April 29 2009 2:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
thats what i planned on doing. i just feel like i haven't pushed myself hard enough when i do go to the gym. i really would like to knock off my last 25lbs by mid summer
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
April 29 2009 2:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
you always post about how hard you go at your cardio and what not...it sounds like it might be your diet as opposed to your gym time. I'm sure you eat healthy but maybe you are like me and eat entirely too much. I eat almost no junk (except our Friday's at Iron Hill) and still have trouble losing weight on a normal basis. Its when i really start to monitor my intake do i start to lose the weight.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,860 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
April 29 2009 2:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i eat 2000 calories a day when i'm supposed to take in 3200 bud
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
April 29 2009 2:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
it was a thought, cheese dick.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,860 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
April 29 2009 2:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
thats admiral cheese dick to you

i just think my body is stuck ina rut and i have to beat it down for a few weeks to make headway. also, cut down on weekend beer
yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
42/M/NJ

offline   (5)
April 29 2009 3:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
play basketball.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,860 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
April 29 2009 3:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
fuck basketball
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,573 Posts
33/M/NA

offline   (13)
April 29 2009 3:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
sounds like you're the weight you're supposed to be.

fuck it.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,860 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
April 29 2009 3:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Davey.

sounds like you're the weight you're supposed to be.

fuck it.

nope. if this was the case, i'd have a 38 inch stomach.
yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
42/M/NJ

offline   (5)
April 29 2009 3:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
get one of those rubber bands that goes around your stomach and if that doesn't work staple it too.
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
April 29 2009 3:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:WREN

you always post about how hard you go at your cardio and what not...it sounds like it might be your diet as opposed to your gym time. I'm sure you eat healthy but maybe you are like me and eat entirely too much. I eat almost no junk (except our Friday's at Iron Hill) and still have trouble losing weight on a normal basis. Its when i really start to monitor my intake do i start to lose the weight.

nobody believes me but the weight watchers thing really works because you monitor your intake. super easy to do and I'm down 25lbs with a fairly light gym regiment. about 4 days a week
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,860 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
April 29 2009 3:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i track my intake very carefully and measure everything i eat. and i eat the same shit most days so calculation is easy.

i actually think i gained some muscle pounds lately from not doing as much cardio due to a bad knee.
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
April 29 2009 3:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:cbrickhouse

i track my intake very carefully and measure everything i eat. and i eat the same shit most days so calculation is easy.

i actually think i gained some muscle pounds lately from not doing as much cardio due to a bad knee.

i also don't drink so i have that going for me...about my only vice is ice cream but i haven't touched it in months.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,860 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
April 29 2009 3:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i dont like sweets, sugar, or anythign along those lines, so basically my only vice is booze. i only drink on weekends and try to keep it to a minimum. and before i hurt my knee i was down to once every two weeks
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› working out 2x a day ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: working out 2x a day

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?