forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Gym attire ›› new reply Post Reply
XWHISKEYX

Old Head
39,027 Posts
62/M/NA

offline   (23)
April 13 2009 3:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Just an observation which may have people on both sides of the issue. When i go to the gym I usually wear basic gear (hoodie, t-shirt, shorts, warm up pants). There are a bunch of younger girls who go to this same gym and some wear either next to nothing, or shit that is skin tight. the other day when I was on the treadmill a girl got on the eliptical in front of me with hip hugger style sweatpants. By the end of her workout her g-string and the tops of her ass cheeks were in full view as the t-shirt she was wearing only went down just below her naval (which had even risen a bit by the time she was done). Now, Im a red blooded male and like to look at women as much as the next guy, but I just cant concentrate as much when that type of shit is all around me at the gym. im not saying that its like a drug addict being in a room full of drugs, its more like i get a little uncomfortable because I dont feel like the gym is the place for that shit. It is one of those rare occassions where I would say "put some clothes on". I would just like to not have that kind of distraction when im trying to focus on my workout and when I do steal a glance for some reason I just feel like a pervert. I usually pull the hood up on my sweatshirt and ignore them but its whatever. I dont know why a girl would put skin tight spandex on to workout knowing dudes are there as well, some of the shit i see HAS to be deliberate. Opinions?
-T
WastedPotential
6,659 Posts
38/M/VA

offline   (19)
April 13 2009 3:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
All girls want attention.
Whether its from someone they actually want it from or not.
So they flaunt to feel the eyes on them and feel better about themselves.

(bitter and then some.)
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,573 Posts
33/M/NA

offline   (13)
April 13 2009 3:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
how many posts until a female poster mentions mesh shorts?
yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
42/M/NJ

offline   (5)
April 13 2009 3:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
this is why I accessorize with a ski mask
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
April 13 2009 4:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,775 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
April 13 2009 4:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
when i used to go to the Gym i liked when the girls were wearing less and showing more....fuck my concentration

tits and ass always rule
brian.
new cocks
146,076 Posts
35/M/IL

offline   (9)
April 13 2009 4:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i wouldnt even notice yan wearing a ski mask. when i am in the gym i dont know whos there, whos doing what, what they look like etc. in the words of that youtube video, "not now, chief, im in the fuckin zone". its dorky, but thats how i get my work in.
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
39,027 Posts
62/M/NA

offline   (23)
April 13 2009 4:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: HughMotherFuckinHef

and your complaining why? I see the same thing when I go to the gym. girls wearing shit they have no business wearing trying to throw men off their workout game. that and most are all down after the male personal trainers.

I thought I was pretty clear why I don't care much for it. Like i said, Im all for girls showing it, but when I'm lifting and some girl is walking around with tight spandex or her ass hanging out it tends to break concentration. And Im not really saying while Iam doing reps, its that short period of downtime between sets or exercises.
shutyourmouth
I buried my heart
1,886 Posts
37/F/MA

offline   (12)
April 13 2009 7:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I wear fitted yoga pants most of the time, or semi loose cotton/mesh shorts in the summer. When it comes to pants I hate the feeling of the bottoms moving around all the time when you're working out, i'd rather they be fitted. Also even mesh shorts can be annoying bc if you're doing something sorta upside down they fall down and leave your thigh exposed.
shutyourmouth
I buried my heart
1,886 Posts
37/F/MA

offline   (12)
April 13 2009 7:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
There's one guy at my gym, the typical dude that looks at himself in the mirror the whole time, that I don't think wears underwear under his mesh shorts. It freaks me out.
berries
Time Husk
2,567 Posts
31/F/MA

April 13 2009 7:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: XWHISKEYX

I dont know why a girl would put skin tight spandex on to workout knowing dudes are there as well

Usually when I work out, I wear under armor leggings, because it's easier to run in them. I don't consider it an issue because "dudes are there"; that shouldn't throw off their workout. I mean, if my "g-string and the tops of my ass cheeks" were hanging out, that's a different story. But I don't see how tight pants are that big of a distraction.
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (4)
April 13 2009 10:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i want a same sex only gym. girls can go get on the fucking elliptical elsewhere, i don't wanna see that shit when i'm trying to move iron.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,739 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
April 13 2009 11:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I used to lift at the university rec in Bloomsburg a good amount, and it was always ridiculous in there. Girls would wear the skimpiest clothes possible, and just lay around showing the goods. It's cool to see for a minute, but beyond that it's just annoying.

I just wear track pants and a t-shirt. I have some compression stuff that I wear now and then, but I always wear something else over it. Once in a great while I'll lift in a tank top, but that is usually just because I don't have any t-shirts to wear.
Ian G.
Time Husk
5,391 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (8)
April 13 2009 11:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
this doesnt fully relate to the thread, but i was running on one of the treadmills at the Y and one chick turned around to look at something and lost her footing completely....resulting in falling flat on her ass and getting launched off the treadmill. that was entertaining
Eric Paradox
east bay grease
68,058 Posts
33/M/CA

offline     (33)
April 13 2009 11:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
a lot of people go to the gym to make themselves look better, whether for themselves or to other people. girls especially love attention and when they go to the gym to sculpt an attractive body they want to flaunt it or wear something that makes them feel attractive. at a gym you already are in an environment that is less dressed and focused on fitness and looking good.

not saying that it's right or wrong but that's just my take on it.
InTheButtLikeWhat
get low
12,901 Posts
35/F/CA

offline   (6)
April 13 2009 11:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
good looking ladies wearing tight and/or revealing clothing only makes my workout more enjoyable.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Gym attire ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Gym attire

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?