forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› 1008lb deadlift ›› new reply Post Reply
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,744 Posts
36/M/PA

online   (1)
April 28 2009 4:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
That lift is more like an 18" deadlift which has a shorter range of motion for the lift. The huge bar used also flexes a lot before the weight comes off the floor so the motion is reduced even more. It's not like that isn't an insane lift, but it is pretty different. Bolton's first 1000+ deadlift is probably the greatest feat of strength of all time, and this second one was done much cleaner.

Without knowing what they are talking about most people would think that the tire deadlift is more impressive. To someone who follows strongman and powerlifting Bolton's is the greater feat. A little visual impact can make up for a lack of substance.
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
39,027 Posts
62/M/NA

offline   (23)
April 28 2009 10:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
hmm...and here I thought it was about bending over and picking up a half ton off the ground, so now the range of motion is taken into account? can that mean shorter dudes who lift aren't as good as taller guys?
Droc
Rage
892 Posts
29/M/OH

offline   (7)
April 28 2009 10:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I get reminded of rotten.com when I see this

"blow out"
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,744 Posts
36/M/PA

online   (1)
April 29 2009 1:23 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:XWHISKEYX

hmm...and here I thought it was about bending over and picking up a half ton off the ground, so now the range of motion is taken into account? can that mean shorter dudes who lift aren't as good as taller guys?

It's a different lift, height has nothing to do with it. People will debate ROM all day, but generally it doesn't matter what your stance or height are. A tire deadlift is more like a rack pull. I don't know if you lift or not, but while they have similarities a rack pull and a deadlift are different things. The bar flex makes it even more different.

Like I said, I'm certainly not taking anything away from Benny. He is a great strongman and one of the best deadlifters on the planet. He has the #2 lift of all time, and that was three years ago. If he went back to powerlifting instead of strongman it's very likely he would beat Bolton's record. Still doesn't change the fact that the tire deadlift is a different lift.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› 1008lb deadlift ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: 1008lb deadlift

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?