April 1 2009 10:49 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
What exactly doe No2(nitros oxide) do?
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,743 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
April 1 2009 11:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Makes you feel more of a pump. It is a good feeling, but doesn't really do anything and it's not worth the money imo.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,860 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
April 1 2009 11:35 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah waste of money basically.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,743 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
April 1 2009 11:38 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
If you're using an intra-workout drink taking a pump product before your workout might be a good idea, but that's about it. I've only used some samples here and there for arm or chest training. From what people I know have taken that only ones I'd recommend to try are Gaspari Superpump 250 and Plasmajet.
carlos danger
something
23,443 Posts
30/M/ME

offline   (1)
April 1 2009 12:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
firstly, I think you mean nitric acid, which is not the same thing as nitrous oxide.

anyway, nitrogen monoxide is a vasodilator (increases the diameter of your blood vessels). The biggest impediment to a strenuous workout is inadequate blood flow to the muscles--in such cases your body shifts from aerobic respiration to anaerobic respiration. Your production of ATP (energy) plummets, and lactic acid builds up in your muscle fibers (causing fatigue). The theory is that this product taken before and after working out will increase the flow of blood to you muscles allowing more oxygen and nutrients to react your muscles--allowing you to bulk up faster.

no one knows is orally ingested nitrogen monoxide actually dilates your blood vessels (it's usually insufflated, not eaten). I suspect it doesn't but that supplement companies add Creatine or something bullshit like that to supplement to make it seem like its working.

If you're working out to try and get healthier I don't really see how fucking with you body's natural processes with unproven and poorly tested chemicals makes any sense, personally.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,743 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
April 1 2009 12:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
It definitely increases your pump, but that actually making a difference or not is up for debate. Creatine doesn't have the same effect, but is a much better supplement overall.
carlos danger
something
23,443 Posts
30/M/ME

offline   (1)
April 1 2009 12:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
what, Creatine?! LOL

The people who make these supplements usually know molecular biology, biochemistry, and physiology very well--creatine was brilliant because it really did show an apparent increase in muscle mass in a visible amount of time, but now that it's well know that that increase in mass is your muscles becoming engorged with water I have no idea why people keep taking it.

Yes, studies keep coming out that say it works, and then others say that it doesn't--but if you look at the money trail for the ones that say it works it leads almost unequivocally back to the supplement companies. that's reason enough for me to not trust their authenticity.

And still too many people go based on their "feelings" saying they definitely feel the difference it makes so they don't care what studies say.

Once again, your body makes its own creatine--I don't see how fucking with that is conducive to making yourself healthier (and what do you know, it's not).
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,743 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
April 1 2009 12:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
You know more of the science than I do, but creatine definitely works. Aside from that it's really cheap so you aren't really throwing any money away. There are "experts" that say bodybuilders don't need extra protein, but every bodybuilder on the planet will disagree with that for a reason.

Sometimes feeling something working is really all it takes. If you achieve a higher goal because of a placebo effect you still achieved the goal, so in a way the product did actually work. The vast majority of supplements are bullshit, but there are some solid products out there.

Most people who are serious about lifting don't do it for health. Health can be a nice side effect of the training, but it isn't the intended goal. Most of the goals of serious weightlifters could even be called unhealthy if you judge them strictly by good for you/bad for you.
Ian G.
Time Husk
5,391 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (8)
April 16 2009 8:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
kinda bringin this back from the dead....

i hit a plateau last month and decided to try something different (i was just on whey protein and multi vitamins)

my buddy who works at GNC and is a big muscle head recommend this stuff called NO Shotgun or something like that. it is a pre work out blend that consists of multiple forms of creatine, no2 enhanced, and has 20 grams of protein per serving. it has rediculously increased my energy, stamina and intensity at the gym. ive already noticed a cut in body fat and an increase in lean muscle (not the swollen water based monohydrate kind of gain). in addition to that i just take 2-3 whey shakes a day plus 4-6 small high protein meals a day. its not for everyone, but it has helped me progress.

forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Black Powder? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Black Powder?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?