forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› high fructose corn syrup and MSG ›› new reply Post Reply
carlos danger
something
23,443 Posts
30/M/ME

offline   (1)
February 27 2009 12:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm not denying that HFCS is probably a huge factor in the obesity epidemic, but once again it's not the substance itself that is an issue as much as it is the overconsumption of it. The only issue is that your body does not need to produce sucrase to digest HFCS (whereas it does with sucrose), by the time they hit your small intestine they're both the same shit. the difference being you body cannot regulate the amount of sugar it absorbs from HFCS as well as it can with sucrose. Knowing this the logical conclusion does not have to be "eliminate HFCS completely" it can simply be, "limit HFCS intake to a minimum."

I don't want to be a apologist for the greedy bastards putting this garbage in all our food to save money, but at some people the people have to take responsibility for themselves and drink water instead of soda, have an apple instead of a bag of cheetos, and make you kid a god damn sandwich instead of buying the lunchables. If we refuse to eat this garbage they will stop making it.
Professor Chaos
Time Husk
712 Posts
33/M/PA

February 27 2009 12:22 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
just made a post yesterday bout pepsi using natural sugar soon
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,881 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
February 27 2009 9:46 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Cocoanut Grove

I'm not denying that HFCS is probably a huge factor in the obesity epidemic, but once again it's not the substance itself that is an issue as much as it is the overconsumption of it. The only issue is that your body does not need to produce sucrase to digest HFCS (whereas it does with sucrose), by the time they hit your small intestine they're both the same shit. the difference being you body cannot regulate the amount of sugar it absorbs from HFCS as well as it can with sucrose. Knowing this the logical conclusion does not have to be "eliminate HFCS completely" it can simply be, "limit HFCS intake to a minimum."

I don't want to be a apologist for the greedy bastards putting this garbage in all our food to save money, but at some people the people have to take responsibility for themselves and drink water instead of soda, have an apple instead of a bag of cheetos, and make you kid a god damn sandwich instead of buying the lunchables. If we refuse to eat this garbage they will stop making it.

i agree totally. people themselves are personally responsible for what they put in their bodies, and if people had slowed down on the eating of all these processed foods years ago, the food manufacturers wouldn't have found it so easy to be pumping out all this processes, sugary, fatty crap. even the shit that says "low fat" on the label is loaded with hfcs, hydrogenated oils, and other shit that will make you fatter than the fat itself.

also, making a sandwich won't save you from processed nonsense, unless you use organic bread. almost all bread nowdays has hfcs in it and has way more calories than bread used to have because every idiot in america has to have sugar substances in everything to eat it.

and to address what eric said about soda... seriously, heavy soda drinking is worse almost than heavy beer drinking. it may not effect your liver but it will effect you digestion with all that acid, it's so loaded with unnecessary sugar, and do you really want to drink something of which you can't understand what 3/4 the ingredients are? fuck that, stop being a slob and drink water. besides, shit is rotting your teeth, not to mention that a one liter mountain dew that most people slurp down without even thinking has the calories of an entire sandwich with no nutritional content at all.
Eric Paradox
east bay grease
68,058 Posts
33/M/CA

offline     (33)
February 27 2009 10:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I don't think anyone's arguing that it would be fine if used in moderation; or that it's the constant use that makes those subtleties in HFCS over table sugar a dangerous trend in your consumption for some people (a lot in modern society). I completely agree with you on taking responsibility for eating healthier and eating less foods that would have HFCS in it. I'm just outlining the issues that I see with it.

I'm lucky to work at an organic food store where I get tons of free organic food...because like most of America I'm too lazy to not just buy cheap processed food. the biggest jump with organic food, to me, is the ingredient labels... they usually have a list of 3-12 ingredients that all make sense in the homemade production of an item, as opposed to 40 ingredients that are all chemicals you've never heard of.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,881 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
February 27 2009 10:45 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
all i know is people 100 years ago were in great shape, due to hard work and eating only mostly natural shit and not eating all day like we do. no god damned fast food. so i try to eat about on the level with them, and make up for not working a hard job by working out for 2hrs a night.
carlos danger
something
23,443 Posts
30/M/ME

offline   (1)
February 27 2009 12:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
That's really the thing. This processed, pre-packaged, preserved food has only been a majority in the human diet for--maybe 50 years-or-so. If your parents grew up outside of a city or its suburbs they probably ate a lot of food their family produced on its own, or bought from small local vendors.

All these food additives--we really don't know what their impact on our health will be. Some independent lab did a 6-month trail where they overfed rats with some chemicals and recorded whether the health of the rats changed, and if it didn't change an appreciable amount the chemicals were declared safe for human consumption. Unfortunately these chemicals are ubiquitous, and we have been exposed to them our entire lives... 20 or 30 years, and will continue to be... I think in a lot of cases no one really has any idea what exposure for that long will lead to.

If we're curious why cancer, diabetes, auto-immune diseases, autism, SNP diseases, allergies, asthma, epilepsy, and other chronic illnesses are rising at an alarming rate the shit in our food might be a good first place to check.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,881 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
February 27 2009 12:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Cocoanut Grove

If we're curious why cancer, diabetes, auto-immune diseases, autism, SNP diseases, allergies, asthma, epilepsy, and other chronic illnesses are rising at an alarming rate the shit in our food might be a good first place to check.

this is what i'm saying. studies... schmuddies. something is causing a ton of problems with people... so avoiding this shit certainly won't HURT you at least.

besides, eating fresh, natural foods just fucking tastes better
chocolate juice
game over
11,692 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
February 27 2009 12:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
my lady buys all the food and she is crazy over what's in it...I hear nutritional facts about 10,000 times a day.
Erie Ed
Dog pound
20,398 Posts
34/M/OH

offline   (21)
March 12 2009 2:02 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: grumpy gus

did you know a us preisdent died with 80 pounds of meat in his colon? that shit's fucked up

FDR?
Eric Paradox
east bay grease
68,058 Posts
33/M/CA

offline     (33)
March 12 2009 2:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
probably taft.
Erie Ed
Dog pound
20,398 Posts
34/M/OH

offline   (21)
April 7 2009 6:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Mrs.G

Anyone see those new high fructose syrup commercials..
too many lolzz

Then there's Dr. Vincent Bellonzi.

LOL at them trying to justify HFCS
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› high fructose corn syrup and MSG ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: high fructose corn syrup and MSG

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?