This is my first post, hopefully, I'm in the right section.
Here's a little debate that is going on between me and some of my friends. Talk about crazy ideas, THIS is a real torture!
1) Let's say YOU have to make a compilation of the last century on 1 CD only.
2) You can put only 20 titles*. No more, no less.
3) All the tiltles must be distributed equally between 1900 and 2008, which means about one every 5 or 6 years (see the "calendar" below).
4) You have to choose titles which have some "historic value" or which are kind of emblematic to the period of the century rather than go with your own taste.
I KNOW... This is almost impossible... This is crazy, that's the name of the game.
That being said... What would that compilation look like?
Of course, everybody has their favorite bands, genres, or period of the century, but it doesn't mean you cannot contribute in your own way. Just discuss the period of the time you're most familiar with and between us all, we might be able to give it a shot.
HERE'S THE LIST. (You can't skip one slot in order to add one elswhere BUT you have a a latitude of 1, 2 or 3 years, more or less. This means that for the 1979 slot, you can go between 1976 and 1982).
Note : You're more than welcome to wrote just the title of the songs, but every argument in favor of your choice would be appreciated.
(This is my first post, I'll be back later with a few of my own choices.)
* Given the fact that most of the songs recorded before 1960 are shorter than today, 20 should be ok.