forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› men's fitness 20 healthiest foods ›› new reply Post Reply
cbrickhouse

vanilla gorilla
213,511 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
May 27 2008 9:15 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Mariano Rivera
the sandman
36,573 Posts
8/M/NE

offline   (1)
May 27 2008 9:18 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i guess i eat better than i thought i did

buying a bag of soy nuts today
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,511 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
May 27 2008 9:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
personally i think they are dummies. some of this stuff is no good, and they only have 2/3 vegetables and 1/2 fruits on there. and beef? not much good about beef.
tom.
^__^
62,530 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (5)
May 27 2008 9:51 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Beef
163 calories per 3-oz serving
Eat 3-4 servings per week
It's not only high in muscle-building amino acids, it's also a powerhouse of iron and zinc, which aid circulatory health. In fact, beef is so nutrient-dense that a three-ounce serving supplies more than 10% of your recommended daily intake of a number of nutrients, including protein, B6 and B12, selenium, phosphorus, niacin, and riboflavin. Worried about the fat? Don't. According to USDA data, today's beef is up to 20% leaner than it was a decade ago. In fact, 19 cuts of beef meet government guidelines as being a lean meat. To keep the meat you're buying lean as well as tender and flavorful, opt for cuts with the words round or top in the name-things like eye round roast, top round, or top sirloin steak.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,601 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (1)
May 27 2008 9:54 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Nearly everything about beef is good for you. You shouldn't eat an old 96er every weekend, but getting your fair share is certainly not a bad thing.
Danforth
some guy
8,949 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (1)
May 27 2008 9:59 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Nothing beats a thick porterhouse smothered in mushroom sauce.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,511 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
May 27 2008 10:00 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
im not saying i dont enjoy a steak about once a week but i'll stick to my leaner meats for the majority of the time.
Danforth
some guy
8,949 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (1)
May 27 2008 10:03 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'll eat steak on the weekends then white meat (mainly fish) during the week. Seems to work well for me.
BlackendWar
back in black
827 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (6)
May 27 2008 8:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
the cholestrol scare has peoply shying away from beef. you ignore meat, your missing out on some vital B vitamins, especiall B12.

also how can they forget bananas? if you were to be stranded on a island and had but only one to thing to eat, you could live off of bananas longer than any other food source. it's a crime how they missed that one.
yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
42/M/NJ

offline   (5)
May 27 2008 8:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:pahulkster

Nearly everything about beef is good for you. You shouldn't eat an old 96er every weekend, but getting your fair share is certainly not a bad thing.

cept for the hormones and antibiotics that are pumped into cows to get them to grow so fast and be able to digest corn.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› men's fitness 20 healthiest foods ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: men's fitness 20 healthiest foods

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?