forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› "Meat is for Pussies" ›› new reply Post Reply
nicole

Time Husk
13,143 Posts
39/F/IL

offline   (1)
March 13 2008 8:26 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
John Joseph has a new book due out this summer called "Meat is for Pussies". The guy looks GOOD for his age, so I guess I'd take whatever he had to say about diet and fitness into consideration.

Here is the intro from the new book:

Who propagated this bullshit that meat makes you macho? My guess is it's the same big business assholes that told you the Marlboro man was a stud. Eating defenseless animals doesn't make you tough numbnuts. It makes you a coward. You wanna eat meat? Instead of purchasing factory killed, slickly packaged animal parts, have some balls and try this: Go out to the woods or jungle, tear down an animal with your bare hands, rip it apart and eat it. I guarantee you you'll find out just what a big pussy you are because you'll get your ass handed to you like some idiot on that TV show "When Animals Attack."

I've met so many weight lifter Neanderthals over the years that were like, "Yo, I need meat, it makes me aggressive." Or my favorite, the protein myth, "Yo, where do you get your protein from guy?" as if the only source for protein is dead, rotting carcasses. In reality there are dozens of sources of protein that doesn't require the systematic incarceration, torture, and finally, slaughter of animals. And as far as aggression, I know some vegetarians that will rip your fuckin' head off in a New York minute.

These people have all bought into the lies and propaganda put out there by the douche bags running the meat industry who are some of the most powerful lobbyists in the U.S. Do you remember that bullshit ad campaign they ran a while ago? "Beef it's what's for dinner." yeah, and cancer, arterial sclerosis, high blood pressure, impotence, as well as dozens of other meat-eating related diseases. that's your karmic dessert.

I'm sick of people, who are either ignorant of the facts, or even worse, have hidden agendas, dissing vegetarians because we care about animals and the environment. What do you want to live in a barren wasteland dick wad? Now, just so we get off on the right foot here I want you to know my background. I'm not some new age, macro-psychotic wimp trying to get you to eat your sprouts. Most new age people make me fucking puke. The fact is I've probably had a harder life then 90% of you out there. Just read my first book, "The Evolution of a Cro-Magnon." I survived orphanages, abusive foster homes, boy's homes, NYC's mean streets in the mid-seventies at 14, shootings, stabbings, lock-ups, drug addiction, homelessness, the music business and the list goes on. So if anyone knows a thing or two about being tough and fighting on it's me. What I'm giving you in this book is a no-holes-barred, New York style beat down for your brain cells on real health and real nutrition, and I'm not pulling any punches.

To be honest I don't blame you carnivorous fuckers for being turned off to a vegetarian diet by the looks of a majority of vegetarians. The first thing meat-eaters say to me is, "Damn, you're a vegetarian?" I know what they mean. Most vegetarians look like weak-as-fuck string beans. But I've been at this a long time, almost 30 years, and I'm as physical as they come. On any given day it's not at all uncommon for me to run ten miles, hit the gym, pump some weights, then hit the bags for another hour. As a matter of fact just last year in '07, I ran the Marine Corps Marathon and I beat every fucker in the running crew I ran with, some of whom were almost half my age. Their reaction as they crossed the finish line to find me cooled off enjoying a snack, "Damn old man."

At 45 I'm still a stage diving, triathlete maniac and I attribute the longevity to two things. consistency in my training and the most important, proper food choices. Over the years I've worked out at so many gyms and watched trainers instructing people and the one thing I find ridiculous is most of these guys don't know shit about nutrition. I mean,
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,743 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
March 13 2008 2:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Being vegan is all well and good, but after reading that I can safely say that I don't like this guy.
cory..
ARF ARF
5,780 Posts
29/M/NA

offline   (6)
March 13 2008 2:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
MY LIFE HAS CHAYANGED!

seems like a really interesting read, though. Have a link for a preorder?
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,775 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
March 13 2008 2:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
he sounds like one of those annoying vegans
carlos danger
something
23,443 Posts
30/M/ME

offline   (1)
March 13 2008 2:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Summary:

Paragraph 1: Meat-eaters are pussies!

Paragraph 2: You can get protein from plants, pussy!

Paragraph 3: Eating meat can lead to diseases, you pussy!

Paragraph 4: I'm not a pussy, you're a pussy!

Paragraph 5: No really you guys, I'm NOT a pussy!

Paragraph 6: Seriously... I'm not a pussy, okay?

Paragraph 7: If you don't read my book and do what I say you're a PUSSSSSSY!!!

Paragraph 8: Vegetables are good for you, and taste good [pussy]!

Paragraph 9: This book is filled with fabulous recipes that will make you so not a pussy!

Paragraph 10: Eating meat will give you a tiny dick, you pussy!

Paragraph 11: In case you forgot--I'm not a pussy, but you are, and so is anyone who doesn't think like me!

Paragraph 12: Eleanor Roosevelt was the shit, BUT YOU'RE A PUSSY!

What a fucking meathead.
Mariano Rivera
the sandman
36,573 Posts
9/M/NE

offline   (1)
March 13 2008 2:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
what a giant fucking swing and a miss
nicole
Time Husk
13,143 Posts
39/F/IL

offline   (1)
March 13 2008 2:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:cory m.

MY LIFE HAS CHAYANGED!

seems like a really interesting read, though. Have a link for a preorder?

I don't think they're available yet.

To other posters, I guess I would say that John writes how he talks (as evidenced in his first book), so that's why it's worded the way it is. Hahaha.
nicole
Time Husk
13,143 Posts
39/F/IL

offline   (1)
March 13 2008 3:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:sidney

he sounds like one of those annoying vegans

I think John's a vegetarian, not a vegan.
COFFINSTUFFER
Time Husk
6,496 Posts
34/M/PA

March 13 2008 5:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
John Joseph = literary tough guy
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
March 13 2008 9:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i respect the 3 major forms of eating lifestyles (omnivirous, vegetarian, and vegan). They all have their pros and cons. Also it depends on the individual person as well. Over my 25 years of breathing i've done all three and met all sorts of people with different eating habits. I've seen junk food vegans that look like a starving child from a 3rd world country and then you get the polar opposite of someone like John Wayne who's diet was simply meat and potatoes and he died with a colon that weighed 45lbs.

When it comes down to it diets require smart eating no matter what form of diet you take. You can be 100% healthy being vegan, vegetarian, or a meat eater. I will never condone any of the three and actually recommend you sample from all if your personal beliefs on eating meat isn't affected.
BlackendWar
back in black
827 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (6)
March 13 2008 10:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
dude talked entirely too much about himself. i can't stand people who are "well it worked for me, it will work for everybody". no it doenst work like that. i see it all the time at my gym. some asshole trainer trying to instill their own goals on someone else rather than listen to the person's own goals and desires. this dude sounds like one of them. never nor will ever use a trainer, dont read

an the whole issue of meat is retarted. you could ask 10 people what they think of it, and than get 10 different answers. dude can win all the marathons he wants, i still think he's a pompous asshole.
Logic_Al
Time Husk
15 Posts
29/M/NA

January 28 2010 4:05 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
The problem with the arguments that "meat-eaters are pussies" and "eating defenseless animals" is that there are starving children in third world countries that rely on livestock for food and milk. Are they "pussies" for wanting to live? Are the parents pussies for killing an animal to ease the suffering of their children? I think the author of the book had a bunch of people tease him about his eating habits and he had a psychological breakdown.

The main reason why people call vegans "pussies" is due to the fact they do not have the will power to kill a creature for food, regardless if it is "defenseless" or not. What is ironic about this author is that he goes out of his way to defend animals, and yet threatens to "rip your fuckin' head off in a New York minute". The most likely reason for a vegan to be this aggressive is to protect an animal's life that he/she values more than a human's life. He is half right when he says, "eating defenseless animals doesn't make you tough". The act of physically eating meat probably has no bearing on how tough you are. However, the act of killing an animal (defenseless or not) for food does have a mental impact. It prepares the human mind on how sacrificing lesser life is needed in order to survive. Vegans who choose their diet in order to protect animals, cannot handle their own mental stress when an animal dies. That is why some people call vegans, "pussies". Vegans have to sacrifice life (plants, bacteria, etc) in order to survive as well. Plants and bacteria don't cry out nor do they bleed hemoglobin when they are harvested (slaugtered) for food. This reduces the mental stress of vegans when they eat. But the cold hard fact about human nature, is that we must kill life, be it plants or animals, in order to survive.

That said, almost every animal on earth is not "defenseless". If that were true, they'd already be extinct. Take a rabbit for example. Most people think it is defenseless. However, the rabbit is given the ability to run fast. That IS a defense mechanism. A slug may seem defenseless too. However, the mucus it secretes can hinder some of its predators such as an ant. The reason why some people call these animals defenseless is that they do not take into account that relativity in the food chain means nothing. They would say that it is too easy for us to kill a certain animal; therefore that animal is "relatively" defenseless. Lets go back to the slug. While a single ant may have trouble with a slug's defensive abilities, a bird can gobble up the slug with ease. The bird has an relatively easier shot at the slug than the ant. Should we admonish the bird for having such a great "offensive ability" versus the slug's "defenses"? No. Is it unfair? "Being fair" has nothing to do with it; it is the way of world. Now let us take the example of the animal with the greatest offensive ability, humans with their capability of complex thought. With this ability we can make tools to hunt animals that are physically stronger and faster than us. The author makes the point:

"Instead of purchasing factory killed, slickly packaged animal parts, have some balls and try this: Go out to the woods or jungle, tear down an animal with your bare hands, rip it apart and eat it. I guarantee you you'll find out just what a big pussy you are because you'll get your ass handed to you like some idiot on that TV show "When Animals Attack."

Tearing down an animal with our bare hands takes away our ability to use our brains to hunt. The author could just as easily said: "Hey Mr. Lion, let us see you kill that elephant without any claws, teeth, or help from the pride, while the elephant still has its tusks, size, and strength defenses. You'd get your ass handed to you Mr. Lion". Give any human the proper tools to kill a jungle animal, and the human will come out on top. So is it fair for humans to eat animals? I'd say it is just as fair as the bird eating the slug. "Fair" has no relevance in the food chain. If that were true, then one could argue that vegans would be committing the worst act of "unfairness" in the world, since they eat plants which have relatively lower defenses (thorns, shells, etc) compared to other forms of life, such as animals.

Vegans ARE pussies because they can't handle their own stress after killing something that bleeds hemoglobin. They consider life to be the most precious thing in this world. What they do not realize is that anything they eat involves killing some form of life. Vegans eat more babies in their diet than any other human diet in the world. SEEDS AND NUTS ARE BABY PLANTS. If this author wants to play "moral relativity" with carnivores and omnivores, then he is just digging a deeper hole for himself. Vegans need to learn that human life comes first above all other forms of life on this planet, and perhaps the universe. The survival of the human race is what matters most. If you deny food in any form to people, you are denying them the right to survive.

People first, then everything else comes after.
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (1)
January 28 2010 8:45 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i don't like meat but i'm not a particularly masculine person so i eat it anyway.
Yodel Toast
que te follen
20,134 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (14)
January 28 2010 1:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Hmm...when vegan or vegetarian folks are injured, a lot of times they are forced to eat meat by their doctors. Why is that?

I have no problem with anyone who is vegan, vegetarian, fruititarian, whatever, just don't harp on me and try to push your lifestyle choices on me. I eat what I want, you eat what you want. no problems.
Dan.
____
8,803 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (4)
January 28 2010 1:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Logic_Al

The problem with the arguments that "meat-eaters are pussies" and "eating defenseless animals" is that there are starving children in third world countries that rely on livestock for food and milk. Are they "pussies" for wanting to live? Are the parents pussies for killing an animal to ease the suffering of their children? I think the author of the book had a bunch of people tease him about his eating habits and he had a psychological breakdown.

The main reason why people call vegans "pussies" is due to the fact they do not have the will power to kill a creature for food, regardless if it is "defenseless" or not. What is ironic about this author is that he goes out of his way to defend animals, and yet threatens to "rip your fuckin' head off in a New York minute". The most likely reason for a vegan to be this aggressive is to protect an animal's life that he/she values more than a human's life. He is half right when he says, "eating defenseless animals doesn't make you tough". The act of physically eating meat probably has no bearing on how tough you are. However, the act of killing an animal (defenseless or not) for food does have a mental impact. It prepares the human mind on how sacrificing lesser life is needed in order to survive. Vegans who choose their diet in order to protect animals, cannot handle their own mental stress when an animal dies. That is why some people call vegans, "pussies". Vegans have to sacrifice life (plants, bacteria, etc) in order to survive as well. Plants and bacteria don't cry out nor do they bleed hemoglobin when they are harvested (slaugtered) for food. This reduces the mental stress of vegans when they eat. But the cold hard fact about human nature, is that we must kill life, be it plants or animals, in order to survive.

That said, almost every animal on earth is not "defenseless". If that were true, they'd already be extinct. Take a rabbit for example. Most people think it is defenseless. However, the rabbit is given the ability to run fast. That IS a defense mechanism. A slug may seem defenseless too. However, the mucus it secretes can hinder some of its predators such as an ant. The reason why some people call these animals defenseless is that they do not take into account that relativity in the food chain means nothing. They would say that it is too easy for us to kill a certain animal; therefore that animal is "relatively" defenseless. Lets go back to the slug. While a single ant may have trouble with a slug's defensive abilities, a bird can gobble up the slug with ease. The bird has an relatively easier shot at the slug than the ant. Should we admonish the bird for having such a great "offensive ability" versus the slug's "defenses"? No. Is it unfair? "Being fair" has nothing to do with it; it is the way of world. Now let us take the example of the animal with the greatest offensive ability, humans with their capability of complex thought. With this ability we can make tools to hunt animals that are physically stronger and faster than us. The author makes the point:

"Instead of purchasing factory killed, slickly packaged animal parts, have some balls and try this: Go out to the woods or jungle, tear down an animal with your bare hands, rip it apart and eat it. I guarantee you you'll find out just what a big pussy you are because you'll get your ass handed to you like some idiot on that TV show "When Animals Attack."

Tearing down an animal with our bare hands takes away our ability to use our brains to hunt. The author could just as easily said: "Hey Mr. Lion, let us see you kill that elephant without any claws, teeth, or any help from the pride, while the elephant still has its tusks, size, and strength defenses. You'd get your ass handed to you Mr. Lion". Give any human the proper tools to kill a jungle animal, and the human will come out on top. So is it fair for humans to eat animals? I'd say it is just as fair as the bird eating the slug. "Fair" has no relevance in the food chain. If that were true, then one could argue that vegans would be committing the worst act of "unfairness" in the world, since they eat plants which have relatively lower defenses (thorns, shells, etc) compared to other forms of life, such as animals.

Vegans ARE pussies because they can't handle their own stress after killing something that bleeds hemoglobin. They consider life to be the most precious thing in this world. What they do not realize is that anything they eat involves killing some form of life. Vegans eat more babies in their diet than any other human diet in the world. SEEDS AND NUTS ARE BABY PLANTS. If this author wants to play "moral relativity" with carnivores and omnivores, then he is just digging a deeper hole for himself. Vegans need to learn that human life comes first above all other forms of life on this planet, and perhaps the universe. The survival of the human race is what matters most. If you deny food in any form to people, you are denying them the right to survive.

People first, then everything else comes after.

why bump the thread
Logic_Al
Time Husk
15 Posts
29/M/NA

January 28 2010 1:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Tryandchangeme: why bump the thread

I was just searching google about vegans, and this thread popped up. It upset me that the author of "Meat is for Pussies" has such disrespect towards other peoples' life choices. So I gave him a little dose of his own medicine (disrespect). Since then I have been editing grammactical errors of my long reply.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› "Meat is for Pussies" ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: "Meat is for Pussies"

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?