all threads All Threads ›› delicious new perfume ›› new reply Post Reply
miss laura

HAI MAJIDE
16,197 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (3)
February 7 2008 12:45 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i bought some stuff at Sephora.com the other day and they sent me a sample of VIVARA by Pucci.

i spritzed it on my forearm just now and i swear i've never smelled so good in my life. god.

almost makes the $110 price tag worth it.
Amanda OMGWTF
salad is my life
22,832 Posts
32/F/IL

offline   (4)
February 7 2008 1:13 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
it's the bergamot

one of the best smelling things in any perfume ever
miss laura
HAI MAJIDE
16,197 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (3)
February 7 2008 11:09 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i don't care what it is, last night i wanted to take myself to bed, i smelled so good.
vanillasmile
Time Husk
2,150 Posts
39/F/NA

February 7 2008 12:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
this is still my favorite...

but since i'm poor i wear...

wholesaletrash
i've got nice legs
12,561 Posts
37/F/PA

offline   (3)
February 7 2008 12:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Amanda OMGWTF

it's the bergamot

one of the best smelling things in any perfume ever

yea, if you like citrus.

i prefer more musky smells.

Amanda OMGWTF
salad is my life
22,832 Posts
32/F/IL

offline   (4)
February 7 2008 11:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
bergamot is used in the majority of fragrances, especially men's. it's definitely not just a "citrus" scent; even on it's own it's far too complex to be pigeon-holed in that category and seems misleading/uninformed to try to simplify it like that. it's pretty well-known for bringing out the warmth and depth in fragrances, if anything. shalimar, angel, etc. are two enormously famous examples, and if you look at bond & cb ihp it becomes pretty apparent where it stands. i guess it's roots and the fact that it is often a counterpart with mandarin and grapefruit in certain fragrances may make it seem like "just another" citrus if you're just reading ingredients from a list, but it certainly is very, very distinct from that group. just my two cents.
miss laura
HAI MAJIDE
16,197 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (3)
February 7 2008 11:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
also, clinique happy makes laura smell DELICIOUS. love that stuff.
kr!styn
natty ice queen
6,660 Posts
28/F/AZ

offline   (30)
February 13 2008 4:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
This is the only thing I will wear

I have like 3 bottles hanging around the house somewhere, and even their new summer one for this year doesn't small as good. I will die when I run out....
KatieMaz
inspirational quot
825 Posts
32/F/NJ

offline   (13)
February 13 2008 4:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I love Dior Addict
Dianana
8====D
66,486 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
February 13 2008 8:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i just can't get away from d&g light blue and chanel mademoiselle.

my girlfriend works at sephora and she's always showing me the new shit they have but i can't get into it.
Amanda OMGWTF
salad is my life
22,832 Posts
32/F/IL

offline   (4)
February 14 2008 12:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i can't do chanels. aldehydes kill me. badgley mischka has a similar "feel" and i can actually wear it...good stuff.

my sister wears chance, has since she was young. i can't wear it but it's the most comforting smell on her. smells so generic on a lot of people but the way it works with her chemistry is amazing.
Dianana
8====D
66,486 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
February 14 2008 10:14 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i would love to have a perfume made especially for me.

sherman
shermz
15,401 Posts
33/F/NA

offline   (7)
February 14 2008 10:33 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
My favorite perfume is Eissey Miyake.
Dianana
8====D
66,486 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
February 14 2008 11:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: sherman

My favorite perfume is Eissey Miyake.

i could never get into that.
Amanda OMGWTF
salad is my life
22,832 Posts
32/F/IL

offline   (4)
February 14 2008 10:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i just went to sephora and smelled the new pucci...if you like that, sniff the issey miyake.

i bought prada. for months i've ignored it because at first spray it smells horrendous, but a girl next to me sprayed it on my arm accidentally and like a half an hour later it dawned on me that the amazing smell i couldn't get away from was, duh, the prada. it really reminds me of mac mv2 but more sophisticated.

right now i'm sitting on the fence about a big perfume purchase...molinard habanita, flowerbomb extreme, etro heliotrope and stella sheer, or child. seems too early to be wearing child but it could be too late for habanita and flowerbomb extreme if i keep putting off ordering them. heliotrope and stella sheer are great inter-season scents but i just have put off buying them for like a year or two. sigh.

i'm also kind of torn about hermes kelly caleche...i don't really like the original caleche, hate 24 faubourg, etc., and didn't like this at first sniff either. but it's kind of one of those scents that is instantly comforting once it settles on the skin. it reminded me of my grandma. not in like an old-lady-moth-balls way, but of how her powder room and dressing room always smelled. light and sweet, powdery but floral, and kinda like a good hug.
miss laura
HAI MAJIDE
16,197 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (3)
February 15 2008 3:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Steve bought me Issey Miyake for christmas and it's almost half gone already. it's my new favorite.

still stuck on my tiny little sample of Pucci, too... and i'll be so sad when it runs out, because i can't afford that shit.
all threads All Threads ›› delicious new perfume ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: delicious new perfume

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?