Tml Matus

(+[ ]+)
1,592 Posts
29/M/FL

offline   (1)
January 24 2008 9:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
on xbl and psn ... NOW!

fucking awesome ...

too bad it was set to easy ... me needs some challenging games in my life.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,068 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (19)
January 25 2008 7:43 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
this may be a stupid question but are they re-releasing the other 3 on Xbox?
Tml Matus
(+[ ]+)
1,592 Posts
29/M/FL

offline   (1)
January 25 2008 8:01 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:WREN

this may be a stupid question but are they re-releasing the other 3 on Xbox?

not really, but the story isn't as important as the action and the over all the kickassiness.

their usually very hard games, especially the third one ... the first time it was released in the US it was incredibly hard, so when the greatest hits version came out, they had to add an easy mode to the game.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,092 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (1)
January 25 2008 8:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i played a few minutes last night on my PS3....seems to take longer to download on this thing.

anyway....seems pretty cool......game play seems standard DMC...i like how you can rotate the camera somewhat....and the graphics are pretty damn good.

sucks i'll be waiting for my 360 to come back to get this...i refuse to get a game on my PS3 when i can get it on my 360....Achievments FTW!
Tml Matus
(+[ ]+)
1,592 Posts
29/M/FL

offline   (1)
January 25 2008 9:52 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Man, i cant wait to get my ass kicked whwn i try and play this game on hard.

... i think its time to replay DMC3.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,068 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (19)
January 25 2008 10:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i've only ever played the first one. I'm big on stories. If this game has nothing to do with any of the previous 3 than i won't feel so bad playing it. But without knowing what happened in 2 and 3 i'll be upset.
Tml Matus
(+[ ]+)
1,592 Posts
29/M/FL

offline   (1)
January 25 2008 10:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

i've only ever played the first one. I'm big on stories. If this game has nothing to do with any of the previous 3 than i won't feel so bad playing it. But without knowing what happened in 2 and 3 i'll be upset.

ok well, 2nd one was a sequel to the first one and apparently had a shit story and shit gameplay. Third one was a prequel to DMC1 ... Dante was young and tells the story of how Dante and his brother fought. They were both the sons of sparta so it was awesome ... so the fourth one shouldnt have too much to do with the previous versions of the game. Altough the chicks from 1 and 3 are in the fourth one.

the fourth one is based off of a new character who looks similar to dante, but you play as dante the other half of the game.

but if you watch the trailers it seems that the story is really good, but doesnt really apply to any of the previous games.
Tml Matus
(+[ ]+)
1,592 Posts
29/M/FL

offline   (1)
January 25 2008 12:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Zao13

Originally posted by: Tml Matus

ok well, 2nd one was a sequel to the first one and apparently had a shit story and shit gameplay. Third one was a prequel to DMC1 ... Dante was young and tells the story of how Dante and his brother fought. They were both the sons of sparta so it was awesome ... so the fourth one shouldnt have too much to do with the previous versions of the game. Altough the chicks from 1 and 3 are in the fourth one.

the fourth one is based off of a new character who looks similar to dante, but you play as dante the other half of the game.

but if you watch the trailers it seems that the story is really good, but doesnt really apply to any of the previous games.

I thought that the new one takes place in between the 1st and 2nd game? Could be wrong though

its a possibility ... i'm not 100% sure my self, Dante does look a lot older than he did in the first one tho.
Kung Fu Treachery
Fuck That Bird
1,593 Posts
35/M/NY

offline   (1)
January 26 2008 5:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
DMC4 does indeed take place between Part 1 and Part 2.

Capcom apparently wanted to erase all memories of Part 2, since everybody hated Part 2. They even stated in interviews that Part 2 is very much down the timeline from Part 4.

I'm on the fence about that, since Part 2 in my opinion wasn't the horrendous shitfest that most fans make it out to be. The game was simply too easy compared to the first game, that's all.

So, in chronologial order the games go like this:
-DMC3
-DMC1
-DMC4
-DMC2

The story for Part 4 concerns a man named Nero who is a member of a cult who worships Sparda (The Order of the Sword), and who resembles my favorite DMC character (Vergil). Anyway, out of nowhere Dante attacks the Order and slaughters most of the preists; a very unusual act for the son of the being the order praises as a hero. Nero sets out to find and defeat Dante, and that's where the game starts.

Bottom line is, I'm pretty stoked for this game.
BEERZEBUB
C-Wizard
4,191 Posts
29/M/OH

offline   (9)
January 26 2008 8:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
To be honest I've never really played any of the previous installments of this game, but the demo on XBL was really fun. I'm now torn between putting some trade-ins towards this or GTA IV though.
Tml Matus
(+[ ]+)
1,592 Posts
29/M/FL

offline   (1)
January 26 2008 9:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:VISIONARY

To be honest I've never really played any of the previous installments of this game, but the demo on XBL was really fun. I'm now torn between putting some trade-ins towards this or GTA IV though.

well GTA comes out april 29th ... DMC4 comes out in a few days ... so I'd get DMC4 now and then save up for GTA 4 ...
BEERZEBUB
C-Wizard
4,191 Posts
29/M/OH

offline   (9)
January 26 2008 9:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Tml Matus

Originally posted by:VISIONARY

well GTA comes out april 29th ... DMC4 comes out in a few days ... so I'd get DMC4 now and then save up for GTA 4 ...

Yeah the only reason I'm stuck deciding is because right now you get extra for your trade-in if you put it on either of those games
.Andy.
strange meat
2,573 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (4)
January 27 2008 9:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I just could never get into this series, and this one is no different.
Lay with the Fallen
Sambo
619 Posts
26/M/PA

offline   (3)
February 1 2008 11:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i love DMC3 and i reserved DMC4 it looks very promising
forum Dorks R Us ›› DMC4 Demo ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: DMC4 Demo

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject