forum Politics and Society ›› let's talk immigration ›› new reply Post Reply
Tim E. Husk

slavar som djur
19,110 Posts
52/M/NA

offline   (1)
October 1 2007 4:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
does anyone here actually support "open borders?"

it seems to me that some people believe any person, from any country, has the right to move to any country they choose. it goes beyond the question of immigrants from mexico to the u.s., though that is the topical issue.

if all borders were open, most of the population of northern africa would move to spain, france and italy. a large chunk of turkey would move to germany. a good deal of the rest of mexico would move to the u.s.

what, if you defend this notion, would be the point of that?

overcrowding nations with highly functioning economies with people seeking menial labor or lower-paying jobs while leaving the immigrant's home country with a lack of manpower doesn't do service to either country.

Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,110 Posts
52/M/NA

offline   (1)
October 1 2007 4:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
and if anyone thinks this is gay, i'm just trying to get something other than "here's an article, discuss" going on.
Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,110 Posts
52/M/NA

offline   (1)
October 1 2007 5:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i would exercise that right
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
30/M/NA

offline   (1)
October 2 2007 1:48 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Graduates working in sewers. I like it.
I Am Legion
nothing
1,057 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (1)
October 2 2007 5:12 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
^And yet, graduates working in sewers might actually do better work and keep the fucking treatment plants here from failing everytime there's a strong rain like they do now.

But I, too, like the idea, although we'd have to really hate some country to send them all our juggalos and meth heads. Maybe China.
kr!styn
natty ice queen
6,660 Posts
27/F/AZ

offline   (30)
October 2 2007 8:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I would support it if the world were ideal in my eyes, which would basically mean no central government, focus on self-reliance, economy of mostly agriculture, etc. But that's really not going to happen..... and with the way government is set up today, at least in this country, an open-border policy would be completely ridiculous and would probably destroy the government and our budget. I'm very, very liberal, but as much as some people like to run around saying everyone who wants to enter this country should just walk on over the border, there's just no way that it would work, without a complete change in the way our country operates. Anyone who truly believes this could work is just stupid.
planet of the apes
no.
3,899 Posts
34/M/NJ

offline   (6)
June 10 2016 2:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
forum Politics and Society ›› let's talk immigration ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: let's talk immigration

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics