forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Whats the problem? ›› new reply Post Reply
uskatebetter

Time Husk
5 Posts
31/M/TX

offline   (4)
June 11 2007 6:03 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I dont really see such a big deal about being straightedge...I myself am not,I'm more of just about being sober. But I mean its a lifestyle choice that some choose and you know more power to them just as long as theyre not assholes about it and arent all offended when somebody isnt.

thats just my two cents about it...but I mean honestly I think the "straightedgers" (for lack of a better term) wouldnt get such a bad rap if the majority of them (or atleast the ones I've met) werent so imposing with their beliefs and whatnot.
carlos danger
something
23,443 Posts
30/M/ME

offline   (1)
June 11 2007 2:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I've never quite understood it. "being sober" makes sense to me; sobriety means not intoxicated. straight edge means... well, different things to different people, but generally: no illicit drugs, no alcohol, no casual sex.

so I see in there a set of tenets that makes me think, self-respect, self-control, and recognition of dignity... but if you stop with the tenets of sXe you're just a scenester -- if you say you embrace a healthy life free of drugs and alcohol but habitually eat unhealthy food than you're a hypocrite. same if you pop a tylenol every time you've got a little headache or take nyquil at the first hint of a cold. I don't know why the casual sex thing is in sXe but if it's to avoid the risks of STDs but you continually put yourself at risk in other ways you're a hypocrite, or if it's to respect your dignity and the dignity of others and you treat people like shit in ways besides taking advantage of them sexually you're a hypocrite.

that's my 2 cents.
Tml Matus
(+[ ]+)
1,592 Posts
31/M/FL

offline   (1)
June 11 2007 2:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:uskatebetter

I dont really see such a big deal about being straightedge...I myself am not,I'm more of just about being sober. But I mean its a lifestyle choice that some choose and you know more power to them just as long as theyre not assholes about it and arent all offended when somebody isnt.

thats just my two cents about it...but I mean honestly I think the "straightedgers" (for lack of a better term) wouldnt get such a bad rap if the majority of them (or atleast the ones I've met) werent so imposing with their beliefs and whatnot.

... i wouldn't mind them either ... the bad thing about your point of view is that ... MOST of them try to push their beliefs on ye ... And thats why most of my friends aren't straight edge ... cause i cant stand that stupid shit ... same thing with vegetarians, religious fucks, and even feminists ... do what ever you do ... just don't fucking try and convert me to yer fucked up life style.

oo and just because i can

fuck i'm hungry.
xandresxpetx
snow white
1,639 Posts
48/F/PA

offline   (1)
June 11 2007 8:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Seems like you are the one here pushing your beliefs. Hope you choke on your chicken.
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (1)
June 12 2007 8:15 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
most of your friends aren't straight edge because people say they should be?
xandresxpetx
snow white
1,639 Posts
48/F/PA

offline   (1)
June 13 2007 7:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Sharplimbed

Who me? No. I am friends with all kinds of people, not just straight edge or vegan people. But, the people I like the best tend not to care what anyone else thinks of them.
Baniel C. Doyer
nut swinger!
8,056 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (9)
June 13 2007 7:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
This horse has been dead for years.
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (1)
June 14 2007 8:40 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: xandresxpetx

Originally posted by:Sharplimbed

Who me? No. I am friends with all kinds of people, not just straight edge or vegan people. But, the people I like the best tend not to care what anyone else thinks of them.

Nah, that's what that TMl Matus kid said: "MOST of them try to push their beliefs on ye ... And thats why most of my friends aren't straight edge"...Well, he tried to say it...
DougEfresh
Fuck it, who cares
1,908 Posts
39/M/NJ

offline   (6)
June 16 2007 1:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Seems like you are the one here pushing your beliefs. Hope you choke on your chicken.

Hahahaha! Sorry, but I have to laugh and let it be known that you just cracked me up.
DrPepperkilledMrPibb
true to myself
27 Posts
28/M/TX

offline   (4)
June 16 2007 4:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i have a couple friends who are straightedge while i myself am not
i dont really have a problem with it
they dont have a problem with me not beign straightedge...well to an extent they do...
they just dont try to push their beliefs my way
and i dont do my thing around them
plain and simple
acabamento

offline   (11)
June 16 2007 4:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
SXE = FAG
xandresxpetx
snow white
1,639 Posts
48/F/PA

offline   (1)
June 17 2007 11:15 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:DougEfresh

Hahahaha! Sorry, but I have to laugh and let it be known that you just cracked me up.

DougEfresh
Fuck it, who cares
1,908 Posts
39/M/NJ

offline   (6)
June 17 2007 4:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
There was no such thing as straight edge in my high school. It seriously just didn't exist. The technical school I went to part-time had straight edge kids though. One of my best friends of all time was straight edge vegan and she never preached to me. In fact back when I used to be a raging pot head one of the reasons I stopped going to school high was because I didn't like being high around her. Not that she gave a shit if I was high, it just didn't feel right.
NevertheLess23
get crunk.
656 Posts
28/M/NE

offline   (1)
June 17 2007 8:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Care about your own life.
Otzi
Time Husk
8,535 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (3)
June 18 2007 10:55 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:brutalkid23

Care about your own life.

Same to you. If you're not vegan or straight edge, why are you here?
idontdrinkndrive
Time Husk
227 Posts
67/M/AK

June 21 2007 2:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
sXe started because some people wanted to have a good time without getting trashed. thats all it is.. the people that are pushy about it dont get it.. all straight edge is, is proving to people you can have a good time without forgetting what you did last night or barfing all over your self. im edge because i think its more fun to just screw around than drink and smoke and snort and shoot up crap.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Whats the problem? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Whats the problem?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?