forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› want a really good workout? ›› new reply Post Reply
WREN

Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
May 28 2007 9:12 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
My Muay Thai Kru (instructor) is currently training in Thailand right now for his 3rd return from retirement.

this is his morning workout and basically anyone can do it. He says this is meant to get him back into fight shape.

6 x 5 min rounds of rope with 1 minute rest
(this simulates 1 round more than a fight and 2 minutes longer than a full Muay Thai round)

5 min rest

5 x 3 min rounds of Shadowboxing
(simulates a full muay thai fight)

5 min rest

5 x 3 min rounds of pads

10 min rest

5 x 3 min rounds of heavybag

5 min rest

Conditioning circuit:

Crunches
Pushups
Pullups
Jump Squats

10, 20, 30 reps without stopping.
3 sets, 2 minute rest between sets.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,785 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
May 30 2007 1:30 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
He should just stop retiring.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
May 30 2007 7:46 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
thats what we all tell him.

He's 35 and thats about the average age a Pro-Muay Thai fighter retires. His first retirement was at 30, then he went with a few of his students to Thailand for a month about a 1 1/2 years after that and when he was there it made him miss competing so he fought 1 fight out there. He said that night that was his last fight...went back to Thailand for more technique training that he could pass onto his students and just happened to fight 3 fights out there...unplanned. I'd have to say this is his first real "retirement comeback" because he is specifically training to return to fighting this time. He'll probably fight once. Retire and do it again in 2 years...Rigel is a funny dude like that.
lord sauron
city of champions
9,020 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (8)
June 2 2007 2:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
this is similar to my workout... but i do 3 x 3 on the pads. pads make me extremely tired. my main stand up is western boxing, but i do some muay thai. when i throw punches, kicks, and knees, within the 3 minute pad round, im dying at the end. also jump squats are fucking killers. could barely walk the next day after the first time i did them. i also trade out 3 rounds of foot work and 3 rounds of rope, as opposed to 6 rounds of rope.
kibo
kibo
22 Posts
45/M/NA

June 7 2007 3:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Do you have some Pratice for MTB riders?
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,205 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (18)
June 11 2007 7:57 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: kibo

Do you have some Pratice for MTB riders?

suck a few cocks and chase it with a can of tab. make sure to use a lot of hand action to simulate skiing
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› want a really good workout? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: want a really good workout?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?