forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› I am not fat but, ›› new reply Post Reply
jen dobbs
Time Husk
5,515 Posts
38/F/PA

offline   (10)
May 2 2007 1:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I havn't gotten good results on an elpitical, but running 3-5 miles 3 to 4 times a week, works for me. I run a lot of hills. On the off days I bike ride ro something like that.

As for wieght loss-everyone is different. I drink a cup of coffee and a piece of toast in the morning after my run to kick start my metabolism.

Lunch is a salad, chicken, some type of fruit.

Dinner: a piece of fish or chicken (baked), veggie, fruit. I don't drink soda, but lots of water.
jen dobbs
Time Husk
5,515 Posts
38/F/PA

offline   (10)
May 2 2007 1:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I havn't gotten good results on an elpitical, but running 3-5 miles 3 to 4 times a week, works for me. I run a lot of hills. On the off days I bike ride ro something like that.

As for wieght loss-everyone is different. I drink a cup of coffee and a piece of toast in the morning after my run to kick start my metabolism.

Lunch is a salad, chicken, some type of fruit.

Dinner: a piece of fish or chicken (baked), veggie, fruit. I don't drink soda, but lots of water.
Hallowedbthyname
tekubiforiundo
6,718 Posts
31/M/PA

offline     (2)
May 2 2007 3:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Brianaface

usually fruit and Kashi or cheerios in the morning (depending on what dining facility I can get to in the morning)

Lunch is usually broccoli, carrots, cucumbers and Lo-fat italien dressing, Soy Milk, and Strawberries

Dinner is like a salad and some sort of chicken.

I am not going to lie I indulge at points, I would be kidding myself if I said I didn't.

Also, I had my body fat measured at the gym today its 21% ish. I don't know how great or whatever that is. I will never be skinny... I just want to have less "pudge".

Like most people are saying, you're not eating enough. You have the right idea, but you're not implying it enough. When you only eat 3 meals within a 24 hour period your metabolism will not be as rapid as say you eat 6 portioned meals within a day. Basically from breakfast and up try to eat about every 2 hours, but the deal is that you don't want to wait until you're hungry, nor eat until you're full...only eat until you've gotten what you need for the time being. As far as what to eat, protein should be added to the diet to rebuild your body and burn quite a good amount of fat from that. I think you know what meals are good to grab every 2 hours, so no need to touch base on that. Honestly the only thing you need to change is your diet...when you eat 6 smaller meals a day that meet your nutritional needs your metabolism will increase (by the way you'll want to drink more water too) and you should see weight loss with your activities. Also maybe you should try varying your cardio/gym routine every 2 weeks that way you don't plateau...that may also be a factor.
lord sauron
city of champions
9,020 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (8)
May 2 2007 5:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i would also add maybe trying to fit in an extra day, possibly 2. when i first started working out, i was doing 3 days a week... but i found that i was just maintaining. i really think the 4th and even 5th day are the breakthrough days where you will really start to see results.
Brianaface
Time Husk
1,069 Posts
31/F/PA

offline   (8)
May 6 2007 1:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I will try to eat more small meals, the only thing I can see with that would be I work long hours at a catering company in Center City and we really don't get breaks to eat. And that is the problem with adding another day at the gym. I still go to school all summer and volunteer at Pennsylvania Hospital.

I just started to run again, I guess I should have just said I cant run on treadmills or concrete the pain is almost unbearable on my knees and right ankle.

I really appreciate everything and I'll try to change things up. I just like being healthy and I guess I am just not ideal.

kibo
kibo
22 Posts
45/M/NA

June 6 2007 8:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
ride MTB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tml Matus
(+[ ]+)
1,592 Posts
31/M/FL

offline   (1)
June 6 2007 8:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
your healthy ... your just heavy because of muscles ... no need to loose weight.
.Andy.
strange meat
2,573 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (4)
June 6 2007 9:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
julia.
Time Husk
3 Posts
31/F/NA

offline   (1)
June 6 2007 11:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote