forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› I am not fat but, ›› new reply Post Reply
Brianaface

Time Husk
1,069 Posts
31/F/PA

offline   (8)
April 25 2007 9:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I have always been very muscular, since three and four years old, its in my genes (dad is a bodybuilder).

In high school, I played field hockey and softball and was a swimmer, I work a lot and am pretty active.

My question here is I have 5'3'' and 148 pounds. I am not fat, but I don't have a few pounds I would really like to loose. I go to the gym three times a week and play volleyball three times a week. At the gym I usually go on the elliptical machine for 35-40 minutes, do crunches and a few machines for arms and legs.

I have huge legs "soccer legs" as my work puts them, and its frustrating because I eat pretty damned well too.

Is there anything I can change to look a healthy amount of weight? Sorry for the obnoxious ramble.

nicole
Time Husk
13,143 Posts
39/F/IL

offline   (1)
April 25 2007 9:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Since you're already working out, you should probably take a look at your diet.
Brianaface
Time Husk
1,069 Posts
31/F/PA

offline   (8)
April 25 2007 9:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
usually fruit and Kashi or cheerios in the morning (depending on what dining facility I can get to in the morning)

Lunch is usually broccoli, carrots, cucumbers and Lo-fat italien dressing, Soy Milk, and Strawberries

Dinner is like a salad and some sort of chicken.

I am not going to lie I indulge at points, I would be kidding myself if I said I didn't.

Also, I had my body fat measured at the gym today its 21% ish. I don't know how great or whatever that is. I will never be skinny... I just want to have less "pudge".

nicole
Time Husk
13,143 Posts
39/F/IL

offline   (1)
April 25 2007 9:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
It sounds like maybe you're not eating ENOUGH to balance out all of the activity you're doing. Diet is a delicate balance that I have yet to perfect myself, so I can't give you many tips! There are tons of nutrition facts out there, though, you just have to look.
Brianaface
Time Husk
1,069 Posts
31/F/PA

offline   (8)
April 25 2007 9:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Bah yeah thanks, I guess its just frusterating because I date someone who is trying to gain weight and muscle yet I can have muscle in days and keep it for years and gain weight easily. But thanks
lottery hypnosis
Prof. Mammalchicke
2,067 Posts
13/M/PA

offline   (3)
April 25 2007 10:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
hmmmm.......
nicole
Time Husk
13,143 Posts
39/F/IL

offline   (1)
April 25 2007 11:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Brianaface

Bah yeah thanks, I guess its just frusterating because I date someone who is trying to gain weight and muscle yet I can have muscle in days and keep it for years and gain weight easily. But thanks

I put on lean muscle really fast, but still have some chubby spots that are harder. I probably could diet, but I'm happy with how I am.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,743 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
April 25 2007 11:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Eat more protein, and do it at every meal. You should also eat more frequently because this will raise your metabolism. Watch your sugars at meals too. Lifting weighst more is always a good idea. Girls are always worried about getting big, but I promise you this won't happen unless you really really work at it. Most girls (and guys really) just don't train hard enough for good results.
Brianaface
Time Husk
1,069 Posts
31/F/PA

offline   (8)
April 25 2007 11:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Haha, I need to have your mentality. By the way, do you have the link to the page you are selling your shirts. I really want that grey long sleeve shirt.
Brianaface
Time Husk
1,069 Posts
31/F/PA

offline   (8)
April 25 2007 11:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: pahulkster

Eat more protein, and do it at every meal. You should also eat more frequently because this will raise your metabolism. Watch your sugars at meals too. Lifting weighst more is always a good idea. Girls are always worried about getting big, but I promise you this won't happen unless you really really work at it. Most girls (and guys really) just don't train hard enough for good results.

I will definitly take the into consideration. I am not longer on a meal plan after next week so I will be more able to eat to my own schedule. Right now I have three meals a day, and with selection that I dont enjoy eating (chicken and tuna salad with way too much mayo and fried chicken seems to be the foods of choice for protein that I can get my hands on). But maybe hard boiled eggs in the morning.
yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
42/M/NJ

offline   (5)
April 26 2007 2:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
fifteen minutes of cardio a day should give you decent results in about a month.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
April 26 2007 7:38 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
yan i guess you can't really read...she said she does 35-40 min on the eliptical 3 times a week.

yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
42/M/NJ

offline   (5)
April 26 2007 9:38 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:WREN

yan i guess you can't really read...she said she does 35-40 min on the eliptical 3 times a week.

which isn't fifteen a day, it's just the idea to make it more consistent and evened out.
stinax732
a hiccup in paradi
54 Posts
34/F/NJ

offline   (9)
April 26 2007 9:52 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:nicole

It sounds like maybe you're not eating ENOUGH to balance out all of the activity you're doing. Diet is a delicate balance that I have yet to perfect myself, so I can't give you many tips! There are tons of nutrition facts out there, though, you just have to look.

I agree with this.
I don't think you're eating enough. I think you mentioned eating 3 meals somewhere in here.
Have you tried a few more smaller meals?
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
April 26 2007 10:13 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:yantastic

which isn't fifteen a day, it's just the idea to make it more consistent and evened out.

i want to see you do 15 a day. Drinking beers does not count as cardio either.
yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
42/M/NJ

offline   (5)
April 26 2007 4:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Originally posted by:yantastic

i want to see you do 15 a day. Drinking beers does not count as cardio either.

if it did I'd be up to three or four hours a day.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› I am not fat but, ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: I am not fat but,

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?