all threads All Threads ›› POLL for people serving in the military: ›› new reply Post Reply
Kadesh

Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
March 16 2007 7:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Do you think we're losing the war in Iraq?
tom.
^__^
62,530 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (5)
March 16 2007 7:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yes.
dougle
dougled
2,775 Posts
42/M/NA

offline   (1)
March 16 2007 7:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
maybe you should include the definition of winning the war first?
Erie Ed
Dog pound
20,398 Posts
34/M/OH

offline   (21)
March 16 2007 7:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yes
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
March 16 2007 7:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:tom.

yes.

you're not serving
tom.
^__^
62,530 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (5)
March 16 2007 7:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: youandme

maybe you should include the definition of winning the war first?

when do you win a war? when the greater population agrees that the war has been won.
tom.
^__^
62,530 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (5)
March 16 2007 7:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: matt.

yes.

you're not serving

haha oh really? is that what you would say?
Erie Ed
Dog pound
20,398 Posts
34/M/OH

offline   (21)
March 16 2007 7:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
tom has been in the air force he has served as am i so i would disagree with you
dougle
dougled
2,775 Posts
42/M/NA

offline   (1)
March 16 2007 7:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
people could have different definitions, just wondering what matt's was and what the circumstances are for this specific situation for the agreement?
amusiathesac
...isn't anything
770 Posts
35/M/NC

offline   (17)
March 16 2007 7:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
ive been to iraq twice and have taken part in combat ops in two of the more brutal cities there, ramadi and fallujah. If you put aside the insanity involved with combat and look objectively at it, you could say were not losing. The flip side to that is that were not winning either. At the most basic level, you kill an insurgent or groups of insurgents and then family and friends pick up arms and begin training to kill you as well. So its like you cant ever win...as far as the whole situation goes...they'll never stop attacking us and the powers that be need to pull their shit together and start training the fuck out of the iraqi army and police force with a much larger positive turn around. basically they gotta take care of their own shit so at least the ground units can leave. there's always gonna be an coalition presence there, hopefully itll just be in the backround.

...so yes and no
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
March 16 2007 7:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

yes.

you're not serving

oh my bad then.
tom.
^__^
62,530 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (5)
March 16 2007 7:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Erie Ed

tom has been in the air force he has served as am i so i would disagree with you

well that's true, but what i do now definitely has more military involvement then what i did while i was in.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
March 16 2007 7:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:amusiathesac

ive been to iraq twice and have taken part in combat ops in two of the more brutal cities there, ramadi and fallujah. If you put aside the insanity involved with combat and look objectively at it, you could say were not losing. The flip side to that is that were not winning either. At the most basic level, you kill an insurgent or groups of insurgents and then family and friends pick up arms and begin training to kill you as well. So its like you cant ever win...as far as the whole situation goes...they'll never stop attacking us and the powers that be need to pull their shit together and start training the fuck out of the iraqi army and police force with a much larger positive turn around. basically they gotta take care of their own shit so at least the ground units can leave. there's always gonna be an coalition presence there, hopefully itll just be in the backround.

...so yes and no

i'll agree with that. but i think we at least owe it to them to support them until they are somewhat strong enough otherwise we went in for nothing.
Eric Paradox
east bay grease
68,058 Posts
33/M/CA

offline     (33)
March 16 2007 7:36 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

yes.

you're not serving

amusiathesac
...isn't anything
770 Posts
35/M/NC

offline   (17)
March 16 2007 7:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:matt.

Originally posted by:amusiathesac

...so yes and no

i'll agree with that. but i think we at least owe it to them to support them until they are somewhat strong enough otherwise we went in for nothing.

absolutely...we dont have the forces there, right now though, to accomplish that mission...thats why we need a large amount of people sent over there, get the job done, RIGHT, and leave! that place is a fucking nightmare.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,497 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (27)
March 17 2007 1:43 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
true. i'm ready to leave but serious i wish people would see you can't just do it randomly without giving the iraqis a fighting chance.
all threads All Threads ›› POLL for people serving in the military: ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: POLL for people serving in the military:

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?