all threads All Threads ›› It's Friday ›› new reply Post Reply
Jess.
wiener breath
38,768 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (11)
September 30 2016 1:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Well damn, my quote is super high probably because my dog is old af now (turning 8 in two weeks). Stupid insurance.
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
38,210 Posts
46/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (11)
September 30 2016 1:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WREN

I'm fairly certain someone on this board has Asperger's.

it's you
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
September 30 2016 1:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Jess.

Well damn, my quote is super high probably because my dog is old af now (turning 8 in two weeks). Stupid insurance.

The longer you wait, the more expensive it gets and at a certain point, they won't even cover your dog. Dylan, who is currently 14, cannot be picked up by any pet insurance other than accident/death. The insurance companies basically don't want to invest in paying for a medical bill when the dog, in theory, is going to probably die soon.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,514 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
September 30 2016 1:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Does pet insurance cover emotional trauma? Every day when I leave for work, as I walk out the door I tell my cat "Goodbye, Moo Moo! You're abandoned!" and I think it's started to affect him emotionally.
brian.
new cocks
146,086 Posts
35/M/IL

offline   (9)
September 30 2016 1:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
speaking of insurance, fuck me for thinking this was a good (or normal) year to pick the plan with super low premiums but is sort of not that great if you have to use it...and then i have had to use the fuck out of it because my insides are trying to kill me. bout to hit my out-of-pocket maximum.

i hate even having to think about any of this shit. my last two jobs had zero deductible, just everything covered at all times for anything.
Jess.
wiener breath
38,768 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (11)
September 30 2016 1:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah the work one will run me about 60/mo. I guess that's what I need to do. I need to think about it.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
September 30 2016 1:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

yeah the work one will run me about 60/mo. I guess that's what I need to do. I need to think about it.

Does Ky's breed have breed specific ailments? I don't know much about ridgebacks but I'm assuming hip dysplasia is one? Read the fine print because you might have missed the boat on that being covered. I think most insurances will cover that if you enrolled prior to the dog turning 6. However, that's just one possible road that you might not even have to travel down but the insurance will cover a ton of other things. It does suck paying $37 a month for Indiana for him to have only been sick once, but I know the day I'd take him off insurance, something awful would happen.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,779 Posts
36/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
September 30 2016 1:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I was briefly excited about having insurance again after I got married until I tried to use it. Still ended up paying almost a grand to confirm that I have a torn meniscus, and that I still can't afford surgery.

I don't know what kind of pet insurance we have, but it's definitely better than my health insurance.
Cumby
Time Husk
10,816 Posts
31/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (4)
September 30 2016 1:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I paid a grand to confirm that I'm gay
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
September 30 2016 1:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I thought my insurance was awful until I got my vasectomy and they negotiated it down from $6,500 to $1,200...all of which I have to pay since my deductible is insane. But I'd rather pay $1,200 than $6,500.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,514 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
September 30 2016 1:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I have a torn micucci.
Cumby
Time Husk
10,816 Posts
31/M/PA

September 30 2016 1:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
lol
Cumby
Time Husk
10,816 Posts
31/M/PA

September 30 2016 1:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Snipe, also
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,514 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
September 30 2016 1:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I got the tacos from Chipotle for the first time and at the last second I turned them into white boy tacos (w cheese & sour cream) and they were disgusting and I regretted my decision immediately.
Jess.
wiener breath
38,768 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (11)
September 30 2016 1:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WREN

Does Ky's breed have breed specific ailments? I don't know much about ridgebacks but I'm assuming hip dysplasia is one? Read the fine print because you might have missed the boat on that being covered. I think most insurances will cover that if you enrolled prior to the dog turning 6. However, that's just one possible road that you might not even have to travel down but the insurance will cover a ton of other things. It does suck paying $37 a month for Indiana for him to have only been sick once, but I know the day I'd take him off insurance, something awful would happen.

I don't think they are prone to that. Dermoid sinus is the main one, but you know whether or not they have that when they are born.
all threads All Threads ›› It's Friday ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: It's Friday

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?