all threads All Threads ›› Posting from a kindle ›› new reply Post Reply
carcarodoncarcharias
Time Husk
1,897 Posts
9/F/NA

February 1 2011 10:13 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I think the general consensus is that the kindle is the best, for straight up reading.

I love my Nook Color. It teeters into the tablet range. Great browser, very minimal app support but it's supposed to be getting an update that gives access to the Android Market and also pinch-to-zoom capability (which you really come to miss after using an iPhone every day). Screen glare is quite an issue though. It's only a matter of adjusting brightness/reading angle but that's where the e-ink readers definitely have the advantage.
Amanda OMGWTF
salad is my life
22,832 Posts
33/F/IL

offline   (4)
February 1 2011 10:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: TomTruth410

so the kindles are the best? i work for best buy and the e-readers are the only thing i dont know well.

i think so. it is for people who just straight up want to read a book. it's extremely lightweight, simple to use, and very easy on the eyes (like myself). i order a book and bam, it's on my kindle immediately.

i like tablets, and wouldn't mind one just for the "ooh, neat" factor, but they really don't offer me anything. like they're fun to play with but otherwise useless. depends on your lifestyle, i guess (kids, travel, etc.).
Steven Greathouse.
Born to Expire.
6,628 Posts
32/M/PA

offline   (10)
February 1 2011 1:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I like having real hard copy of books. But I also collect first editions and finer copies.
xAJDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
42,227 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (5)
February 1 2011 2:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: charizard

I think the general consensus is that the kindle is the best, for straight up reading.

I love my Nook Color. It teeters into the tablet range. Great browser, very minimal app support but it's supposed to be getting an update that gives access to the Android Market and also pinch-to-zoom capability (which you really come to miss after using an iPhone every day). Screen glare is quite an issue though. It's only a matter of adjusting brightness/reading angle but that's where the e-ink readers definitely have the advantage.

A lot of people are rooting the nook colors and running droid os on them and making them into tablets.
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
38,210 Posts
46/M/PA

offline   (11)
February 1 2011 2:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
all threads All Threads ›› Posting from a kindle ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Posting from a kindle

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics