all threads All Threads ›› new behemoth album ›› new reply Post Reply
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
July 11 2009 11:22 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i really don't get the hype with these guys. they're not a bad band in any sense, but they do a ton of cornball shit. the constant vocal overdubs have got to go (haven't heard the new album but the last two albums drove me crazy with that). it sometimes seems like if they have a really generic riff and don't know what to do with it, they just harmonize it and put a blast over it, and it leaves a lot ofparts feeling unfinished or not as good as they could have been, and they use a LOT of really predictable and stereotypical chug patterns.

Again, they're alright, and I actually enjoy demigod sometimes, but i know a ton of people who current;y jock these guys as the best band in death metal and I think it's ridiculous
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
July 11 2009 11:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I like their stuff and i think the vocals on record are awesome sounding, fake or not. Live Negrel still sounds good but its definitely not as cool on record.

They're definitely not the best death metal band out there but they are pretty solid. Demigod is definitely their best record.
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
July 11 2009 12:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i'm not saying it's fake, I'm saying the constant "high vocal+low vocal at the same time" approach makes the vocals annoying to me. It makes it sound more like a bunch of gibberish, and it makes the whole effect/idea of doing both a high and a low at the same time lose it's effectiveness and dynamic when it is non-stop. use it for emphasis, but not basically the entire record.

I could be wrong, but I believe Demigod has less of this shit, which is why I'm more into that record. I really don't know, my boss loves them and plays them all the time, I don't exactly know one record from the next, but I think that's the one...
|Terrorsathan|
GK 9
7,574 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (5)
July 11 2009 12:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
they're sooo like cookie cutter
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,885 Posts
40/M/PA

online     (23)