all threads All Threads ›› using Craigslist to find apartments...? ›› new reply Post Reply
miss laura
HAI MAJIDE
16,197 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (3)
April 21 2008 1:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: fight2live

why would you be so neurotic? Regardless of how you find the listing you still get to meet the landlord/see the place/feel out the situation out before you decide to sign a lease right?

true. i'm a little bit of a spaz anyway though.
miss laura
HAI MAJIDE
16,197 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (3)
April 21 2008 1:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
double
Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,110 Posts
53/M/NA

offline   (1)
April 21 2008 1:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

why would you be so neurotic? Regardless of how you find the listing you still get to meet the landlord/see the place/feel out the situation out before you decide to sign a lease right?

not always. i moved 1600 miles without having seen the place outside of pictures and having no clue what the neighborhood was like.
miss laura
HAI MAJIDE
16,197 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (3)
April 21 2008 2:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i just don't want to do anything wrong. i don't want to get taken for a ride, i don't want the landlord/property owner to take advantage of us because we've never apartment shopped before, and i don't want them to try to pull any fast ones because we're new.
fight2live
doe dubbla
18,996 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (12)
April 21 2008 2:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:the norseman

not always. i moved 1600 miles without having seen the place outside of pictures and having no clue what the neighborhood was like.

I didn't mean in general, I meant for their specific situation. Obviously when you move to a new city its totally different. They're looking for an aprtment in the same area they live in now.

My point was that an apartment listing on craigslist is no different than a listing you'd find in the newspaper, rental guide, realty office or any other traditional medium. As long as you can check the whole thing out, feel the landlord out, etc you can make an informed decision
all threads All Threads ›› using Craigslist to find apartments...? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: using Craigslist to find apartments...?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?