forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› UFC 146: JDS vs. Mir (5/26/2012) ›› new reply Post Reply
WREN
Wolfman
48,532 Posts
31/M/PA

online   (19)
April 9 2012 11:54 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Overeem has officially filed for his license in Nevada. His hearing is April 24th. We'll see what happens. Meanwhile....

There is video of Fedor training in UFC gloves....uh-oh.
Dan Conner
Life Isn't Posi
2,983 Posts
26/M/CA

offline   (4)
April 21 2012 4:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Dos Santos vs. Mir is official.

click here for link
WREN
Wolfman
48,532 Posts
31/M/PA

online   (19)
April 26 2012 6:36 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
card updated.
WREN
Wolfman
48,532 Posts
31/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (19)
May 26 2012 6:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Tonight!
lord sauron
city of champions
9,018 Posts
32/M/PA

offline   (8)
May 27 2012 12:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
cain is a damn savage.

mir/JDS was a stupid fight. i seriously LOL'd at the finish.

lavar johnson sucks.

herman sucks. if you get hit by the only punch roy nelson knows how to throw, you shouldnt be fighting in the UFC.

i liked hardy's KO. great left hook off the right hand feint.
WREN
Wolfman
48,532 Posts
31/M/PA

online   (19)
May 29 2012 9:19 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I enjoyed this card. I anticipated it to be pretty exciting because it's not often that you see a heavyweight fight go the distance. So an all heavyweight main card was going bound to deliver.

The Mir/JDS fight went pretty much to plan but at the same time I question Mir's gameplan. It seemed that it was shoot once and if that doesn't work, try to outbox him. JDS has limited head movement and everytime Mir went forward with a (shitty) combination, JDS backed straight up. If Mir would have thrown 2-3 more strikes he would have had JDS against the cage, where he could have tied up with him and judo tossed him. Mir has always been much more effective of getting the fight to the floor that way than a double-leg. But instead he used his face as a punching bag. The ending was pretty hysterical though. I still think Mir is under-appreciated but that was a bad matchup for him.

Cain is a savage. He had something to prove in that fight and boy did he ever. The rematch is going to be fierce, for as long as it lasts.

Lavar Johnson is the new Houston Alexander. He's a wrecking ball that is very limited in what he can do. He'll always have that punchers chance because he hits like a truck but technique will always conquer strength. Struve, while probably will never hold the belt, is a talented kid that is way out of Johnson's league.

I wouldn't say Dave Herman sucks or downplay Nelson's overhand. It's kind of like Crocop's kick. Everyone knows its coming but only few knew how to deal with it. As Rogan says, Nelson has pretty incredible timing with it and puts it in small openings. If you noticed Herman had his hand up to defend but Nelson was able to sneak it passed to land the punch. An inch or even a half inch to the left and Herman would have deflected it. He would have felt it but it wouldn't have put him on his ass.

I don't know what is up with Mayhem. Apparently he's retired now but that showing was awful. You'd think that after the first time you hurt him and then was taken down, you'd learn from it. Every round he stunned Doloway and would rush in like a maniac trying to finish it instead of biding his time and not letting himself get taken down. He's looked terrible and very un-Mayhem like in both of his recent UFC fights. I'm sure he'll be fighting again in about 8-10 months for Bellator or some organization in Japan. Hopefully he uses that time to get his head straight and comes back in his normal form.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
43,049 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (19)
May 29 2012 9:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i forget where i saw the stat but there were something like 22 minutes of actual "fight time" on this ppv
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
27/M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (21)
May 29 2012 9:49 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I haven't seen that much blood in awhile. There was blood pooling in that neanderthals eye sockets when he was on his back.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› UFC 146: JDS vs. Mir (5/26/2012) ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: UFC 146: JDS vs. Mir (5/26/2012)

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band