September 20 2011 10:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I don't follow your logic, Kadesk.
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (1)
September 20 2011 11:10 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
what's amazing is i don't think anyone once in this thread even suggested that they "hate gays". matt is literally arguing with imaginary people.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
September 20 2011 11:13 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: robot sonic

fixed.
robot sonic
post master
1,260 Posts
31/M/NJ

offline   (14)
September 20 2011 11:17 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Kadesh

fixed.

you didn't change anything
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
September 20 2011 11:26 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
"...What I think it is is groups of people who grew up when calling someone gay on the playground was an acceptable insult, they don't want to watch dudes make out, but if they get called on their own borderline homophobia need to demonstrate their love for equality. So they rally behind the right for gays to marry, they get a token gay friend, etc... just so long as mark and steve aren't over at their house party smashing bottoms in their bed...."

I could be reading this wrong, but this saying the tea party movement hates gays.
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (1)
September 20 2011 11:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
ok.

that quote is someone criticising the left (or part of it), not the tea party movement. it doesn't even mention hating gay people either.

please read a bit more carefully or stop accusing others of saying things.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
September 20 2011 11:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

fixed.

you didn't change anything

I definitely changed something. I can't help it if you can't see it but I can try.

The opposition to the movement are just making up philosophies that they hate and projecting it on the tea party movement. There's no evidence for the "tea party movement" hating gays and being racist. Not being alright with the way someone lives is not the same as hating the person.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
September 20 2011 11:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: marksaysno

ok.

that quote is someone criticising the left (or part of it), not the tea party movement. it doesn't even mention hating gay people either.

let me ask one thing, do you think the tea party movement has some people who don't like gays and are racists?
robot sonic
post master
1,260 Posts
31/M/NJ

offline   (14)
September 20 2011 11:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
explain this damning evidence i just found.

google statistics don't lie, the tea party are secret gays that hate other gays to throw people off their trail
robot sonic
post master
1,260 Posts
31/M/NJ

offline   (14)
September 20 2011 11:44 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
"Today is the day that God lifts His hand of protection from our military.

Today is the day they make homosexuality official in the forces that protect our country. God have mercy on us. "

lol. nah, we dont hate gays. god does
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (1)
September 20 2011 11:52 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

ok.

let me ask one thing, do you think the tea party movement has some people who don't like gays and are racists?

thank you for being so humble and apologising for your mistake.

My issue isn't whether they love/like/dislike/hate gay people, my issue is with equality. I view an opposition to gay marriage as an attack on equality. You surely do not view it as that. Fine.

But that is my issue and, I expect, the issue taken by most of those who criticise the tea party for being homophobic.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
September 20 2011 11:54 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
tried typing in "tea party _______" and for got those things.

point taken, but I'm not saying "ALL" people for the tea party movement aren't "homophobes" and aren't racist. The movement doesn't stand for those things. It's possible that some are, like it's possible that there are some liberal are (make up your own stereotype) "hicks."
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
September 20 2011 11:55 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

"Today is the day that God lifts His hand of protection from our military.

Today is the day they make homosexuality official in the forces that protect our country. God have mercy on us. "

lol. nah, we dont hate gays. god does

God would pretty much have to hate all sinners...pretty much all off of us.
robot sonic
post master
1,260 Posts
31/M/NJ

offline   (14)
September 20 2011 11:57 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i have no idea
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
September 20 2011 12:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

ok.

thank you for being so humble and apologising for your mistake.

My issue isn't whether they love/like/dislike/hate gay people, my issue is with equality. I view an opposition to gay marriage as an attack on equality. You surely do not view it as that. Fine.

But that is my issue and, I expect, the issue taken by most of those who criticise the tea party for being homophobic.

I see that. I think that equality is good too. The theme with homosexuals lately is that homosexuals are on the same level as "blacks" back in the 60's-70's. They are not the same. They aren't just a race. It's a choice, not hereditary. Homosexuals aren't recreated and they don't recreate. The line stops at that homosexual couple. Sure people should have equality no matter who they are, but homosexuals are not born that way (that would be like a reversal of evolution). Homosexuals by themselves, apart from what they do in their free time, should have rights because they're not different from anyone else.

I don't support homosexual marriage though, not because I "hate gays" or something crazy, but because homosexual marriage is a perversion of what a man and woman are. You would not be smart to deny how a man and woman just look like they fit together. When I was about 12-13 (maybe younger) I could tell. It's funny how we just fit together, sexually, then out comes a baby. Woman and woman....not so much,looks like they're missing something...
forum Politics and Society ›› Tea Party movement ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Tea Party movement

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?